How to Keep On Your Diet?

I’m a 15 y.o. athlete. I eat very clean most of the time. Lean meat, fruit, veggie, good fats, postworkout.

I workout 1 and a 1/2 to 4 and a 1/2 hours per day 6 days a week cus of wrestling, track, and lifting. I find it hard to stick to my diet consistently because unhealthy food is all around me and it takes too long to prepare healthy food. I don’t bring money to school any more, but I still have junk at my house.

My main goal right now is to get ripped and I’m probably 15% BF right now. What I’m asking is what you guys do to not eat junk food when it is available and ways to keep healthy food on hand all the time.

Thanks

As a teenager who participates in sports your main focus should not be trying to “get ripped”. You need to eat food for energy. If you’re finding trouble sticking to a healthy meal plan it’s probably because you’re just not eating enough for your energy needs. Focus on eating plenty of healthy food and your body fat problem should take care of itself.

I agree with the above poster. If you’re training sometimes 4+ hours a day, you need to eat a shit load of food. Plus, you’re only 15. Don’t worry so much about eating clean, as much as you should worry about eating ENOUGH.

That said, if you’re wondering how to try and eat clean, it takes some prep and discipline.
Here’s what I do and still keep the calories up:

1. Eat half a dozen eggs in the morning plus two different pieces of fruit (Banana and a mango, or banana and apple, or kiwi, etc)

2. pack protein bars w/ you to go, AND at least 2 apples and a banana and an orange.
    You should always have fruit and protein bars in your backpack.

3. Eat super high-fat meals at night time that are still semi-clean.
    Example: Last night, I at 1100 calories:
    2/3lb lean ground beef, lots of cheese, japenlos, peppers, 1 avocado, 16oz of milk (it was hott!).

4. I buy a lot of fruits, and eat several servings a day (a banana is 100 cal and it doesn’t fill you up: eat a ton of those)

5. Natural Peanut Butter. Man, I can add 500 calories to my fruit just w/ PB.

6. Olive Oil. Calories, yet a healthy fat.

If you are always eating, then you aren’t going to be likely to crave some junk.

When I go to a coffee shop or a place like Panera Bread to study, I pack a half pound of turkey w/ me and I add to whatever I order (a salad/sandwich). And, following my rule of course, I always have a protein bar, an apple, an orange, and a banana in my back pack.

As long as you have something like that to hold you over, as soon as you get home, that’s when you can crank out the avocados and beef and chicken and hot sauce.

My 2 cents.

Great post above…
I totally agree with the amount you are training you may even want to consider a weight gainer or make your own with Oats, Whey, milk, fruit, nuts etc, but limit this to after training as it will be utilized better then.
Other times of the day stick to lean meats, healthy fats and fruit/veg. Just keep stocked up at all times have food with you. Trail mix is very useful,

ShadoW