How to Increase My Squat Flexibility?

Hi

I really struggle with my squat. I am very stiff and got no flexibility what so ever, which result in a rounded back when I try to squat deep.

Can you recommend a before/after training routine I can use, so I can increase my squat mobility?

Sincerly Humseper.

Scroll down to the Agile 8.

Sincerely SD.

Nice. Thanks!

There are at least two threads on this topic on the first two pages of this forum.

scroll down…

foam roller, work on your ankle mobility.

Glute Activation/Potentiation - - check out Thibaudeau’s High Threshold Hypertrophy book.

If you have a rounded back, elevate your heels on a 2x4 wood piece. If you don’t have that, use two 45 pound plates, and space them out accordingly.

Hope that helps,

Eric

I thought elevating your heels was a big no-no for strength training – at least according to Ripptoe and Pearl.

[quote]Snydiesel609 wrote:

Scroll down to the Agile 8.

Sincerely SD.[/quote]

Thanks for the link, good info!

[quote]humseper wrote:
Hi

I really struggle with my squat. I am very stiff and got no flexibility what so ever, which result in a rounded back when I try to squat deep.

Can you recommend a before/after training routine I can use, so I can increase my squat mobility?

Sincerly Humseper.[/quote]

Snatch Grip deadlifts are good :slight_smile:

[quote]Chi-Towns-Finest wrote:
I thought elevating your heels was a big no-no for strength training – at least according to Ripptoe and Pearl.[/quote]

it’s just to get flexibility on, that’s why oly weightlifters use shoes with medium heels.

Give this a go; really helped me out!