How to Hit Abductors?

How can i hit my inner quads/abducters without an abuductor machien? Because my gym hasnt one. Is there any variation of the squat that would help?

careful you might get big and bulky

The muscles between the legs are called adductors. Wide stance squats do it for me.

[quote]kakno wrote:
The muscles between the legs are called adductors. Wide stance squats do it for me.[/quote]

would pulling sumo also work?

[quote]fr0IVIan wrote:

[quote]kakno wrote:
The muscles between the legs are called adductors. Wide stance squats do it for me.[/quote]

would pulling sumo also work?[/quote]
Yep. When I was working with clients in a gym, that was one of my most useful “sells” to convince ladies to deadlift. :slight_smile:

And yep, OP, inner thigh muscles are adductors, outer thigh is abductors.

But really, man, I just saw your post a few weeks ago about your leg routine:

If your leg training still looks anything like that, the last thing you need is something else to work the adductors. Why are you looking to work them specifically?

[quote]alexus wrote:
careful you might get big and bulky[/quote]

If there was a weekly award for “most useful post in the Beginners forum”, I’d totally give it to you. And then I’d grab it, break it, and give it back.

Really, I don’t see what prompted this from the dude’s simple question.

[
But really, man, I just saw your post a few weeks ago about your leg routine:

If your leg training still looks anything like that, the last thing you need is something else to work the adductors. Why are you looking to work them specifically?

Iv dropped leg extensions completly and hack squat, im trying to get bigger legs not just bigger quads, i saw in a Christian Thibaudeau article that they improve how big ur legs look as it would give full leg devolpement on your legs and i was intrested in it? Should i just use wide stance squat or deadlift to hit them at the start of the workout so?

Careful Chris you might get too serious.

That said OP, if you keep your knees out properly during squats, you will also hit the adductors/ abductors pretty hard. I have a pretty close stance and I still feel them after a heavy leg workout.

[quote]irishboxer wrote:
Iv dropped leg extensions completly and hack squat, im trying to get bigger legs not just bigger quads, i saw in a Christian Thibaudeau article that they improve how big ur legs look as it would give full leg devolpement on your legs and i was intrested in it? Should i just use wide stance squat or deadlift to hit them at the start of the workout so? [/quote]

Just double your squat. It’s that simple.

Hi

try to ensure your feet do not pronate when squatting, deads or lunges - this works the glute med really well

regs,

Jon Robinson
BSc (Hons) Exercise Physiologist

Pull Sumo, also try olympic squats with a 2 second pause in the whole- those fry my adductors like no other exercise.

thanks for all the advice, im defentily going to try pulling sumo and as for certain people who find it hard to be helpfull well you know what you can do…

ahaha, well you mentioned the good girl machine…

wide stance squats yes. wide stance pulls yes. anything wide stance will put them on stretch and work them good.

you realize they are a pretty small muscle group in the big scheme of things though, yeah?

i mean…

beginners are typically best off worrying about putting muscle mass fairly generally (especially to the bigger muscles such as quads, hamstrings, glutes - you know you have a backside yeah??)… than shaping their good girl muscles… but whatever…