How to Get Them Veins Popping?

how do I get good vein definition. (mainly in the forearms) I didn’t know to put this in bodybuilding or nutrition so I said screw it. I know that veins freak people out and well I like freaking people out. so anyone have any tips to get really good vein definition?

It’s mostly losing bodyfat.

[quote]Spencerulz wrote:
how do I get good vein definition. (mainly in the forearms) I didn’t know to put this in bodybuilding or nutrition so I said screw it. I know that veins freak people out and well I like freaking people out. so anyone have any tips to get really good vein definition?[/quote]

I have no clue if this is anywhere near the mark, but I noticed that I had more vein definition as I dropped down in bodyfat…but that’s a given really.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
It’s mostly losing bodyfat.[/quote]

Beat me to it. -.-

Ha, so I guess that sorta stands against the fact I’m bulking. lol

[quote]Spencerulz wrote:
Ha, so I guess that sorta stands against the fact I’m bulking. lol [/quote]

Lol, most likely it won’t help you see your veins. But I would bet that if you decide to cut after the bulk, you should be able to see your veins and hopefully a shitload more muscle.

*dont’ cut your bulk short b/c you want “veiny arms”

it depends on genetics too; i’ve been bulking for 6 weeks and still have wicked veins from my forearms up to my shoulders.

Bulking will do it to an extent - you could be skinny as hell and not have any vein definition because you have no muscle. But yeah it would seem to me like it’s mostly lower bodyfat levels. What level probably is different for each person - i’m sitting at 12% right now and have veins popping a little because I store very little fat at all on my arms. Some people might need to get down lower if they have a tendency to store fat on their arms.

I’m not an expert though that’s just what I would guess.

[quote]B rocK wrote:

it depends on genetics too; i’ve been bulking for 6 weeks and still have wicked veins from my forearms up to my shoulders.[/quote]

You’re not going to notice much change in 6 weeks.

In addition, you are probably not going to be adding a lot of fat to your forearms as you bulk, so the additional muscle will help in how visible your veins are.

If you are so focused on having really vascular forearms at some point, you should probably spend more time focusing on getting your grip and forearms stronger more so than anything else. Lots of dumbbell work and pulling without straps seemed to have done the trick for me.

yes its true, its genetic aswell, mums veins are always poping out and so are mine, even if im just on ma desk, veins decide to pop out, i mean cuttin could also help to show ur veins more. but for now bulk up then cut :slight_smile: ull c alot more benefits from that than just ‘veiny arms’

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
B rocK wrote:

it depends on genetics too; i’ve been bulking for 6 weeks and still have wicked veins from my forearms up to my shoulders.

You’re not going to notice much change in 6 weeks.[/quote]

…gained 8lbs, upped my front squat, bench and pull ups.

but your right; not much. :wink:

[quote]B rocK wrote:

it depends on genetics too; i’ve been bulking for 6 weeks and still have wicked veins from my forearms up to my shoulders.[/quote]

God only gifted me with wicked fast recovery. Not veiny Arms lol.

I was at just about the same weight and bf as you op and even after gaining some fat on my bulk my veins are more visible than before. Just try putting some mass on like everyone is recommending.

Find yourself a really high-maintenance type girlfriend. Your blood pressure will be through the roof in no time which is sure to make those veins pop. The throbbing ones on your forehead are sure to freak people out.

Or… You could try some of that AAWWWesome N.O. stuff from BSN!

Vascularity is one of the indicators I use for making sure my body comp changes are headed in the right direction. I’ve maintained relatively the same scale weight, but existing are becoming more prominent, and new ones are revealing themselves weekly.

I’m not necessarily chasing that as a goal, mind you. lol.

[quote]Kruiser wrote:
Find yourself a really high-maintenance type girlfriend. Your blood pressure will be through the roof in no time which is sure to make those veins pop. The throbbing ones on your forehead are sure to freak people out.

Or… You could try some of that AAWWWesome N.O. stuff from BSN![/quote]

two things wrong with this.
A. I like bitchy women it makes things intresting.
B. Please tell me your kidding. I’ve tried that crap twice. the first time I nearly passed out doing squats… but since I made my mom buy a 45$ thing of it I tried it again dizzy on shoulder day. I was young and naive.(feel free to flame me)

[quote]Steel88 wrote:
I was at just about the same weight and bf as you op and even after gaining some fat on my bulk my veins are more visible than before. Just try putting some mass on like everyone is recommending.[/quote]

I am I went from 180 to 190 during summer. I am bulking so I figure some of that is fat. I can sorta see them. I am asking cause I really wonna see them. Take a few rubber bands and put them between the elbow and end of forearm. Those are the veins I want.