How To Get Taller?

GH might help, up to a certain age I think…

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Some of you seem to be hinting at the possibility that this guy can somehow increase his genetically determined height.

I’ve tried everything. Nothing works. I should even have good genes- a 5’11 mother and a 6’1 father…fucking Italian blood…

[/quote]

That does suck. At least I can blame my height on my 5’3" mom and my 5’9" dad.

I agree with Professor X’s statement that you cannot increase your genetically determined height, at least not without exogenous hormone treatment. The related question is what would it take to not reach your genetically determined height? Many of you seem to think that by skipping a few lunches and drinking Mountain Dews you lost a potential of 3". While skipping lunches and severe dieting is certainly not a good idea, I would seriously doubt that anything short of malnutrition would have had an affect. I doubt many of you suffered from malnutrition. Poor eating habits do not malnutrition make.

I’d also be interested in some information on the whole lifting weights will make you short thing. As one poster mention, I would think that the anabolic environment that lifting weights creates would help a person reach his or her genetic height potential. I think this myth started by people who noticed that strength athletes tend to be short. That’s because shorter levers favor the lifting of heavier weight, which means that shorter guys are attracted to strength sports. This is like saying playing basketball or being a swimmer will make you taller. I played lots of hoops and swam a lot - didn’t help.

http://www.heightmax.com/

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
http://www.heightmax.com/[/quote]

That shit is a scam

[quote]Scamsafe.com
HeightMax and similar “scams”

I usually focus on identity theft and financial account fraud. But I couldn’t help but hear about HeightMax, yet another consumer supplement product. Seth Godin, a prominent blogger, posted about it today. There’s nothing new here, people have been hawking “snake-oil” type miracle cures and fixes for, I would guess, centuries.

In recent times, I’m sure we’ve all heard of Focus Factor. It’s a supplement (a pill) that’s supposed to help you think clearer, focus better, etc. Yep, they got in trouble with the Federal Trade Commission . HeightMax’ claim to fame is that its mix of vitamins, minerals and whatever else will help you grow taller. Once again, if it sounds too good to be true, and you have to pay for it, it usually is.

When do products like HeightMax cross the line into unlawful claims? That’s usually for the Federal Trade Commission to decide, which they only do when enough people complain.

But HeightMax does shows ScamSafe’s 4 signs of a scam:

(1) Questionable testimonials. Lots of people on their web site or brochure claim it’s a great product but you can’t possibly find out who they are. HeightMax says it’s founder is William Thompson, PhD. Who is he? I did a Google search on “William Thompson” and got 345,000 results. Think it’s a coincidence they chose such a common name?
(2) Tough to reach. Most scams make it impossible to reach them easily and usually hide their address. Often you don’t find a telephone number or mangement’s names on the web site. (Be warned though, lots of the top scammers use fake phone numbers and fake names to appear legit).
(3) Claims that are remarkable but truly impossible to back up. Super low interest rates, no fees, or a pill that will make you grow are just a few examples.
(4) SOMETHING THAT PROVIDES EASY RESULTS. Want to get respect, lots of dates, or beat up the bully? Take a pill and…grow tall. It’s easy. So people pay the $59 for a bottle of HeightMax. The real winners in life had to work hard (although they usually make it look easy).

Please be careful everyone. Believe it or not, it’s super easy for a bad person to set up a business that takes advantage of people. And usually it’s hard for them to get caught or punished. They know the system.
[/quote]
from scamsafe.com under january 4th update.
www.scamsafe.com

Take yer flinstones kids vitamins, eat and sleep yer ass off, and don’t stress about ANYTHING.

oh, quit the ganja.

whatever you do DONT smoke.

smoking will stunt your growth.

try and sleep ten hours a night in a pitch black room. I grew three inches from 5 foot 8 to 5 foot 11 in a couple of years doing this. Also, my mom is 4 foot 11. I read this in a book, and it has worked for me.

[quote]titopuente wrote:
try and sleep ten hours a night in a pitch black room. I grew three inches from 5 foot 8 to 5 foot 11 in a couple of years doing this. Also, my mom is 4 foot 11. I read this in a book, and it has worked for me.[/quote]

WTF?

Didn’t Peter Brady (or was it Bobby Brady) used to hang from the monkey bars to make himself taller Maybe that’ll work…or maybe it’ll just stretch your shoulders out of their sockets, who knows.

[quote]deapee wrote:
Didn’t Peter Brady (or was it Bobby Brady) used to hang from the monkey bars to make himself taller Maybe that’ll work…or maybe it’ll just stretch your shoulders out of their sockets, who knows.[/quote]

Damn, you beat me too it!

I read about a sumo wrestler that had to be an inch taller to wrestle in a bigger class so he got what was basically a breast implant under his scalp.

i read on another site GABA might help anyone know of this increasing growth hormone or igf1

That’s fucking disgusting. He better have gotten paid damn well for that…

Does every american want to be tall. I dont get it.

[quote]superscience wrote:
Does every american want to be tall. I dont get it.[/quote]

LOL. We’ve been thgrough this already. Go back to that cholesterol thread and simply add in, “…also want to look down on everyone else”.

After reading this thread,I thank God every single day that I’m 6’4’'.

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
Afetr reading this thread,I thank God every single day that I’m 6’4’'.[/quote]

I’m going to start thanking god that I don’t give a damn how tall I am.

[quote]titopuente wrote:
try and sleep ten hours a night in a pitch black room. I grew three inches from 5 foot 8 to 5 foot 11 in a couple of years doing this. Also, my mom is 4 foot 11. I read this in a book, and it has worked for me.[/quote]

I second that WTF

[quote]conorh wrote:
Cthulhu wrote:
Afetr reading this thread,I thank God every single day that I’m 6’4’'.

I’m going to start thanking god that I don’t give a damn how tall I am.[/quote]

Ditto. At a [i]robust[/i] 5’ 7", I just tend to think of myself as “space efficient”.

Goats milk.
I drank it when I was a kid and I am at least 5 inches taller and 90lbs heavier than my younger brother, he didn’t drink it.

btw, I am taking the piss. I don’t think there is really much that can be done to change your genetically determined height, unless you starve yourself, then you could limit your potential.