How To Get Taller?

whats the best source of amino acids to grow height wise as a teenager? is bananas and milk good?

[quote]ganjaman wrote:
whats the best source of amino acids to grow height wise as a teenager? is bananas and milk good?[/quote]

What?

Banans and milk are great… but I wouldn’t expect anything besides a lack of malnutrition to have any impact on your height.

Either that or DNA manipulation, which you might have to wait a few years for…

I heard something on the news once about some people actually paying to get their bones broken and have inserts put in to make them taller.

Smoke more weed.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
Smoke more weed.[/quote]

I guess that will make him “higher”.

Nutrition (food lots of it) rest and lifting heavy. including loading that spine. Lifting wieghts will your bones denser thicker etc correct posture. This is a HUGE aid when younger as it ups the stores of calcium in bones and makes them denser from a young age so when that begins to deplete your one step ahead.

Other than that hope for the genetics to make you tall.

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
I heard something on the news once about some people actually paying to get their bones broken and have inserts put in to make them taller.

[/quote]

Best way to get taller is to choose taller parents. Too late for that.

What SWR-1240 says is true. The procedure, developed in Russia, was originally used to even out deformities were one leg or arm was shorter than the other. However, some doctors will do it for “cosmetic” reasons. The older procedure involved breaking both of the bones in the lower leg, the tibia and fibula.

A device is then inserted through the skin and attached to the bones. It has a dial on it and everyday you turn the dial to increase the space between the breaks in the bones by about a millimeter. The space in between is then filled in by new bone. You do this for about a year and it’s possible to gain about three inches in height. (For those of you wondering, yes I have researched this. Hey, who doesn’t want more height?)

The problem is that this procedure, because it’s cosmetic, is not covered by insurance. In the U.S., it’ll cost around $30,000 for this. Some people fly to Russia or China where it’s cheaper - around $15,000 to $20,000. But you need to stay there for the first few months so they can observe you.

Even if you come back to the U.S. you must remain wheelchair bound for the entire time, and some time after because the new bone that has grown in the spaces needs several months to harden. Most people don’t work or do much during the entire procedure.

That’s probably because they are in constant, excruciating pain. And the risk of infection at the point where the device is inserted into the skin is extremely high.

Still want to do it?

A newer system involves placing a spacer device inside the thigh bone. There is no external device as the device is all internal. It is lengthened by using a remote control. This procedure is only available in the U.S. so no cheap foreign option.

Even if someone where to go through with this, I wonder what impact it would have on one’s coordination. You gain three inches of height, but have the feet of a shorter person.

Also, all of the height is from the lower leg - it would be like walking on stilts. I suppose for someone who never wanted to participate in any kind of recreational activity, this kind of height for show would be okay. Personally, I’d rather just get brutally strong and enjoy participating in short guy sports, like powerlifting.

1. have an excellent diet of good natural foods as outlined 10,000 times on this site

2. if ANYTHING can help, then heavy weights and compound moves and things like breather squats might get more growth hormone release and might help you grow faster … but to be honest I don’t know if that is going to help. Also you have to be young enough that you have not stopped growing.

How old are you? how tall are you? an x-ray of your wrist should give some indication of how much more growing you might have in you.

Otherwise who cares. If you have your health and all your limbs you should count yourself lucky.

You can always buy very thick shoes.

Some of you seem to be hinting at the possibility that this guy can somehow increase his genetically determined height.

I think it needs to be made clear that most men can grow up until the age of 21. You will not somehow make yourself taller than you are designed to be. What you CAN do is make sure you aren’t deficient in what your body needs so it can do what it was meant to do. This is one reason I don’t like to see teenagers dieting like they are getting ready for a competition.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Some of you seem to be hinting at the possibility that this guy can somehow increase his genetically determined height.

[/quote]

I’ve tried everything. Nothing works. I should even have good genes- a 5’11 mother and a 6’1 father…fucking Italian blood…

I guess Carl Lewis had such a huge growth spurt that he had to be put in a wheel chair, and gained several inches in a month (or other relatively short period of time). Who knows maybe it’ll happen to you (or me :)).

This is one reason I don’t like to see teenagers dieting like they are getting ready for a competition.[/quote]

Ya I agree. I was always into nutrition even at a really young age. I just didn’t know very much, and was always skipping the junk food…but not replacing it with anything. I personally think I am shorter because of this. (My dad is taller than me)

I think it needs to be made clear that most men can grow up until the age of 21. You will not somehow make yourself taller than you are designed to be. What you CAN do is make sure you aren’t deficient in what your body needs so it can do what it was meant to do. This is one reason I don’t like to see teenagers dieting like they are getting ready for a competition.[/quote]

Yeah that is what I was trying to say. Make sure not deficient in food. It IS possible to stunt your growth through bad eating. Eat well to try to get every last bit of growth you can. Training won’t get you more than your potential height but will help reach that potential.

It’s definitely possible to artificially increase your height if your growth plates haven’t sealed yet. They do it with naturally very short people all the time.

Increasing GH and limiting estrogen will definitely increase height. Finding a doctor that’ll prescribe these drugs unless you’re extremely short for your age is going to be next to impossible. Even if you’re a little shorter than average I bet not many doctors would be willing to help. They’re not really in the business of making NBA superstars. :slight_smile:

If you’re really desperate you could try a supplemental anti-estrogen like DIM or I3C. I’m not sure how much it’ll help, but it may be possible to eek out a couple more inches than what you may naturally have grown, if your growth plates haven’t sealed yet already that is.

Think taller.

They say caffeine might not really stunt your growth, but it’s a good idea to avoid it anyways. Get lots of natural sleep instead, which will definately help add those inches!

If I slept eight hours and wasn’t skipping lunches to diet (retarded ffb), slamming mountain dew like there was no tomorrow (leeches calcium, if nothing), I’d probably be closer to my dad’s 5’10" than my 5’7"…

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

I’ve tried everything. Nothing works. I should even have good genes- a 5’11 mother and a 6’1 father…fucking Italian blood…

[/quote]

LOL… I always assumed you were Irish.

I think it needs to be made clear that most men can grow up until the age of 21. You will not somehow make yourself taller than you are designed to be. What you CAN do is make sure you aren’t deficient in what your body needs so it can do what it was meant to do. This is one reason I don’t like to see teenagers dieting like they are getting ready for a competition.[/quote]

Cant you take growth hormone?

Anavar, GH, anti-estrogens, painful/stupid surgery, and many other crazy shit at the expense of your health.

Or you could just be happy with your height.I am 5’7 and have gone through the whole wanting to be taller phase. I am now happy with my height.