How to Get Ripped?

I’ve had 2 ice creams, and a kebab this weekend and about to eat pizza with a beer. Sometimes you just have to say fcuk-it and enjoy yourself, you’ve earned it!!!
But my weight and body composition is heading in the right direction so who cares if it takes a little longer…

Haha, I was about to comment on his awesome counter top as well.

K so you revel in your licentiousness - I’ll stay ashamed!
For me it’s way too recent that I’d have 2-3 of their shakes AND burgers in one day. The thing last night gave me a flashback to my fatman era :/. Fuck that!

Oh how nice that you go to the gym and sit down while doing all your leg exercises… How about these:

Back Squat 3x5
Back Squat 1x20 (lower weight)
Lunges 3x8 (each leg)
Stiff legged Deadlift 3x8
Calves 3x15

I guarantee this will burn a lot more than sitting down and walking between some machines. You can swap back squats for front if it suits you better.

Yeh, that requires me to go to my other gym, and has been in the planning.
I tried a back squat some months ago and just couldn’t because of scar tissue in my cervical spine area. Soooo, yeh, I’ll be doing front squats when I make that change. For now I’m just trying to build up in general and shed bodyfat.

And y the hell am I explaining this? Because I sensed cynicism in your post :/.

Ya may wanna scroll up to the beginning and look at my “before” pics. I’ve made stellar progress and it ain’t gonna stop.

Not trying to be cynical, it’s just a Monday morning and it’s cold and dark and didn’t think I had to baby things for you :wink:

It just sounded like you cheated a bit on the weekend and needed a redemption leg workout. You don’t need anything fancy for legs but you do need to work them hard for the gains/losses.

Funny. No need to baby things for sure and thanks for clarifying :wink:

1 Like

FINALLY got to the stupid store—
sauerkraut, smoked sausage, plenty o green beans!

That shit needs to go on my missus’ grocery order every last time. And I’d nearly forgot how much I like sauerkraut too. My mama used to fix it with oscar Meyer whiners, with soup beans and cornbread to go along. Seems that my country boy diet had some good things about it eh?! Of course I’ll not be making cornbread, and ain’t using hot dogs for the damn meat!

I’m gone front squat today dammit

Been up a while and do NOT want to eat yet. Ain’t frickin hungry. Think I’ll do a protein shake & vitamins but I can not force myself to eat real food yet.

The squat requires me to go to a different gym. Suppose I may try barbell bench whilst I’m there too. The place is hyooge and aside from the free weights area it’s difficult to locate stuff. The great thing is that the dreadmills aren’t visible from the weight area so it’s easier to focus. Plus this gym has more people who LOOK like they workout.

I’m telling ya, the space HAS to be 8,000 sq ft or more and has two levels. Monstrous big.

Alright then, I’m ready to get TF outta the house. We’ll talk about that not wanting breakfast thing here ok?

No damn squats of any sort today. Barely call wat I did lifting.
Tomorrow is a pull day. Probably oughtta do some desde but who frickin knows. I need to look at CR’s Best Damn Workout and get my mind wrapped around which movements go on which day.

The good thing is that the gym I’m going to now has everything needed for that routine.

Bacon & eggs going down the gullet. Forgot to make toast but whatever.

Looking forward to getting the “Best Damn Workout” by CT going today! Had to copy it to my phone for reference, so the phone will be out at the gym. Don’t be hatin’!

Breakfast today:
3 eggs, 4 slices bacon, Metabolic Drive Shake w/creatine

Post workout (Now)
Sauerkraut & sausage
12 oz Green beans
Metabolic Drive Shake

Dunnno if I’ll eat any more real food today…we’ll see.

Oh, update for what it’s worth.

At 6’ 1 1/2", weighed in at 259 yesterday, 30lbs heavier than around January.
This “getting ripped” thing is on time I seems. My strength has gone up and the muscles are just dying to be liberated from the layer of fat!

You guys give such great advice! I’m confident as hell that come my target date of 11/9/17, I’ll be impressed with myself in the mirror, and a ton of that is thanks to the over 35 lifter forum

To be clear, thanks for the advice guys and a pic will be up in November :slight_smile:

Peace!

Um lighter?

Lighter than a year ago, not as flabby as 6 mos ago.

Second day of “Best Damn Workout” by CT.

Having to gauge the weights on this one, but glad to report assist weight on Dips has decreased significantly :slight_smile: This whole getting ripped thing is turning into a fun adventure

Am toooo damn tight through the shoulders!
Thought I’d add some light weight squats today. Back isn’t an option, so I tried from squats. Couldn’t keep my hands on the bar right, so ended up using a Zercher hold, which wasn’t good at all.

Maybe I should try front squats with palms facing me?
Help?!

Google ‘bodybuilder front squats’ you’ll see the crossed arm grip/hold. This is how I do front squats and it works fine. I also have dodgy wrist mobility.

Yep, that’s exactly how I tried but am so tight that I guess I’ll have to start with the bar till I get used to these. Grr that’s aggravating!
And I’ve zero clue y I’m so tight. Weird. Must be a thing where I got that way due to the years on my ass. Oh how I wish…ya know?!

I suppose starting with the bar is fine - better than not at all! I’ll get there dammit. We’re supposed to focus on the stuff we suck at anyway. It’s not that I can’t at all, just can’t load the bar…yet :slight_smile:

A good thing is that I got cardio in today. I’m doing a thing where I start at 5% incline and 1.4 speed. I increase the speed by 0.1 every 15 seconds and the incline by 0.5 every 30…got up to an 11% incline today and more distance than I’d been getting in the same time.
My days of 10 mile runs with a pack are sooo far past it’s crazy though. Hell, when I was deployed and lucked into a day off duty I’d jog 5-10 miles voluntarily. Oh the glory days of my youth :stuck_out_tongue:

Re-motivated by a shirtless pic today :confused:

Was thinking about this thread so came back to grab info rather than starting a new one.

Looks like I’ve dropped the ball on the condiiioning part cause I’ve been strictly following CR’s Best Damn Workout…

Tomorrow I’m gonna add the 20 rep squats after each workout. Currently having to do safety squats due to tight ass shoulders, but they’ll work for this. I figure to do those for the next 7 sessions, then switch to deads, then rotate every 7.

This shit is difficult, but the suggestions here are helping. Diet for instance is now;

1. Breakfast 3 eggs, 4 slices bacon, protein shake

2. Post workout: green beans, protein shake

3. Around 1600-1700:
    Lean meat & veggies (usually green beans)

That’d be an improvement according to ya all’s recommends :slight_smile:

I’m 12 weeks out to my target date, so the 20 rep squats and deads must happen if I’m gonna stand a snowball’ chance.
Frickin picture was almost unsettling but will use that for motivation dammit

Viva La Barbell!