How to get Ripped...Your Experience

[quote]Kanada wrote:
Your a fucking moron who wants to fight me for no reason. Cute little comprehension trick though. I have gone from 165-145 from 2 weeks due to irregular and infrequent feeding schedules. It was inadverdent and I regained right after. True story bra, you mad?

Seriously tell me that eating less while staying active won’t make you look better as long as your not already in top shape. are you a fucking joke? I am in close to top shape at my weight, I hold very little fat, and sure it may be cause I’m young but my principles wouldn’t change just the margin for error narrows as you get older. This guy is not asking for advice to stand on stage just how to build his body better. It is fuckin bodybuilding, you don’t have to compete to be one.

Taking steroids all your life will lead to hormonal imbalance. See, I can make unqualifiable statements too. It is true that a person who takes steroids may be hormonally imbalanced, but many steroid users are quite adept at managing those variable without hurting themselves.

Go ahead. Try it[/quote]

LOL…I’m not gona even reply to that ^

I remeber an article with Dorian Yates where he said he would eat a chocolate brownie during his precontest diet. He said something about poeple telling him he shouldnt do it because it wasnt clean blah blah and he just said he knew what his caloric requirements were for the day and eating that brownie did not hinder him from that requirement.

Maybe i forgot the part that Yates had superb genetics and did stuff that most of us common people wouldn’t be able to handle.

^Like eat a chocolate brownie??

nik133, I would like to see pics of your physique as well.

There is some logic behind the cals in < cals out approach, but the foods you are describing are so dense in calories there is no way you’d be able to eat enough to be full. At least I couldn’t.

Im not big and lean enough to give any advice in this thread, as far as im concerned. Being “ripped” is sort of a different level of Muscularity and leanness that most SHOULDNT attempt to comment on.

I will probably be yelled at for posting this since it is a sin to even look at bb.com. But i suggest looking at post #8245.

Take a look at the training. Its fasted And then the volume and weight. Then take a look at the food. A whole container of ice cream. Make sure to look at his picks. So i would say it is possible to do something things against the bodybuilding norm and still be pretty ripped. Just some thoughts

Edit link got removed even though its just to a guys training log. If you want to look it up his account name is pbateman2. Take a peak at his log. Just look at the times were he posts his training and nutrition. It goes against all bro science. Interesting stuff.

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
Im not big and lean enough to give any advice in this thread, as far as im concerned. Being “ripped” is sort of a different level of Muscularity and leanness that most SHOULDNT attempt to comment on. [/quote]

Agreed, I know I have been lean but not ripped yet so im staying out of this debate:P

Ryan thats why its broscience

[quote]bugeishaAD wrote:
nik133, I would like to see pics of your physique as well.

There is some logic behind the cals in < cals out approach, but the foods you are describing are so dense in calories there is no way you’d be able to eat enough to be full. At least I couldn’t.[/quote]

You’re probably much bigger, thus would require more cals to cut anyways. so he might be able to cut on a whole pizza a day, while you could need 2 whole pizzas

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
Im not big and lean enough to give any advice in this thread, as far as im concerned. Being “ripped” is sort of a different level of Muscularity and leanness that most SHOULDNT attempt to comment on. [/quote]

Being ripped is capable on all levels. It is something different than just being lean, and is shared by cover models and bodybuilders. Don’t pretend only heavyweight bodybuilders are legitimate.

[quote]Kanada wrote:

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

Being ripped is capable on all levels. It is something different than just being lean, and is shared by cover models and bodybuilders. Don’t pretend only heavyweight bodybuilders are legitimate.[/quote]

Im not pretending… lol its true. being <8% bf is a hell of a lot harder while maintaining a large degree of muscle than it is for a not so large person. There’s a big difference between between being ripped and being lean. Marathon runners have the lowest bodyfat of any athletic competitor, yet none of them are in any sense of the word ripped.

Im sorry man. but “Ripped,” especially when brought up in a bodybuilding section, brings competitor level standards to the table, which makes me believe that most people posting shouldnt be, imho atleast. Which is why i said i cannot post any advice here,

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:
Take a look at the training. Its fasted And then the volume and weight. Then take a look at the food. A whole container of ice cream. Make sure to look at his picks. So i would say it is possible to do something things against the bodybuilding norm and still be pretty ripped. Just some thoughts
[/quote]

Not ripping on you…just want to clarify (like with canada before he took his hissy fit :P)

When setting out to do something, NEVER just look at the exceptions. You do what USUALLY works. When you have the experience to back it up, THEN you can see where changes/slacking can occur.

It’s like studying for an exam, some people boast that they never study, while the large majority do need to study - A LOT. It would be retarded for that ONE person to advise every newbie to the subject to “study” the way he does.

Bodybuilding is the only sport I know where every Tom, Dick and Harry think they know better and can just wing it. It truly amazes me how many people are so stubborn to follow the basic fundamentals of a sport, just to follow some dude or whatever who goes against the tide.

I myself can get lean, very lean like under 12% as in my avator (not ripped), by eating rubbish and not worrying about strategies etc. The large majority of the population can’t. It would be dumb of me to say just do what I do.

If I clean up my diet and use strategy in my diet, I make EVEN better gains (losses of fat etc). But EVEN THEN, that is NOT ripped by bodybuilding standards. When getting ripped, many people need to cut out certain foods because they “bloat” then up, or just don’t react well to them. When getting ripped, timing is much more important.

Anyone who claims it’s a cake-walk, is either taking drugs, has great genetics, or simply does not have all that much muscle to start with (I was ripped at 150lbs…it was easy).

It may not be complicated if you know how, which means to an experienced person it is “simple”. But the principles/strategy is anything but “dumb”.

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
being <8% bf is a hell of a lot harder while maintaining a large degree of muscle than it is for a not so large person. There’s a big difference between between being ripped and being lean. [/quote]

^Definitely the part that eludes most people. I see a hell of a lot of young kids (high school, maybe early college) in my gym, and they all think they’re “ripped”, yet maybe the largest of the bunch is pushing 155/160 lbs, and he looks nothing like he could step onstage (as a lightweight competitor mind you) and not look out of sorts.

I’m certainly not trying to be negative or anything here, but until you’ve truly achieved that level of conditioning, where your skin look so thin it’s almost transparent, and you’ve got veins popping and running in places that almost repulse you (and if you’re like me, the ‘ring’ of your belly button, usually an ‘innie’ actually protrudes outward), AND you’ve still got enough muscle where people eyeball you constantly in the gym, then you’re talking about something else completely.

S

Hire Ken “Skip” Hill

Problem solved

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
-Eat enough protein to support your lbm.
-Train with enough intensity that your body won’t scavenge your muscle.
-Expend more cals than your BMR requires each day.

Repeats steps 1-3 as needed -lol

S
[/quote]

Big Stu,
pls could you go deeper in “train with enough intensity that won’t scavenge your muscle”?
I mean , of course, lower kles can’t allow the trainee to use same % of loading than when he was (let’say) 30lb heavier and with 300gr of carbs per day in the gut but…do you feel also the need to take off some sets a/o do not push yourself to 110%?
thanx

Mike

One could make the arguments both ways as far as which one is “optimal” for getting low body fat, however I like to think of it as which one isn’t more practical. Say you went the typical bodybuilding food/tracking all macros to Thebes gram route. However as a result your social life’s goes down the drain, your cravings go crazy And you start binging as a result which would set you further from your coal. Now saw you did notebook of a flexible dieting approach, yes it wouldn’t be as consistent but now you can feel like a person, and as long As you hitting calories and protein it wouldn’t really matter (with in reason mind you, and still having some set of guidelines). It may take you a few more weeks to factor in the slightly less accuracy rate, however if it helps you be more consistsbt and keeps your mental well being in check, I would say it’s the way to go. Really it just comes down what YOU can be more compliant on. Don’t want to start any beef with anyone, just my two cents.

Bad move right off the bat.

Your best bet is to assess current calorie intake or set it to program a slow and steady weight los of no more than 2 lbs per week.

protein is higher than you need. Not hurting you but unnecessary.

YOu need to count all of your macros. You do not need to count calories as they will never change. I.e 1g carb = 4 cal, 1g fat = 9 cal, 1g pro = 4 cal.

There is no reason to cut dairy.

While most of the time you are better off with LG carbs (not always) stop fretting about sugar. Drives me nuts when people think there is some vast difference in carbs.

a negative energy balance is a calorie deficit.

Water retention happens and is eliminated in a variety of ways. If you are retaining water and drinking 1 gallon of water a day you are either suffering aromatization from gear or you are simply fat. Many people say “I’m holding water” No, sorry, that’s fat.

Unless you are tanking yourself, BF % isn’t even worth talking about. A picture and a manual pinch of the skin says it all.