How to get Ripped...Your Experience

[quote]BUSHMASTER wrote:
I don’t want to catch Dave’s disease so I won’t follow his diet plan stated on this link. http://sicktracks.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=51098[/quote]

Bushmaster, you’re avatar is totally ghey. Stop trying to copy meh.

I am just coming off a year of not working out due to an injury, I am 235 and a butter ball.
But the last time I was working out I was lean, ripped and strong as a freakin OX. I am just starting my program again but here is it (I know it works because it has in the past) I will keep you all posted with my weekely results.

Daily Nutritional Intake
*1800 calories
*80-100g of carbs
*200-250g of protein
*80oz of water a day

NOTE: you MUST eat SOMETHING every 3 hours

FORBIDDEN
-sugar; all types. Fruit. Honey. Alcohol. Milk/Lactose.
-trans fats, lard
-enriched carbs [flour, white bread, pastries, corn, tomatoes]

ALLOWED
-omega fats [fish, flax, olive oil, pam spray]
-lean proteins: fish, chicken, turkey, lean red meat [filet mignon]
-diet sodas, teas, coffee, water [64-80oz]
-splenda, ms dash, mustard, lemon, cinnamon
-high fiber or low lectin carbs [Ezekiel bread, oat bran]
-greens: broccoli, romaine lettuce, spinach, asparagus

PHASE I â?? First 3 Weeks

Meal 1 - 6am
1/4 cup of oat bran [23g carbs, 120 calories, 6g protein]
1 cup of egg whites [0g carbs, 120 calories, 24g of protein]

-30g of protein
-240 calories
-23g of carbs [6g of those are fiber]

NOTE: Vitamins to be taken at this time

Meal 2 - 9 am
2 scoops of protein powder + 12 oz of water

-50g of protein
-210 calories
-0g of carbs

Meal 3 - 12pm
2 chicken breasts NO SKIN [0g carbs, 380 calories, 70g protein]
1 cup broccoli [10g carbs w/ 2g of those being fiber, 50 calories]
1 cup of white rice [50g of carbs, 210 calories]

-70g of protein
-640 calories
-60g of carbs

Meal 4 â?? 3pm
2 scoops of protein powder + 12 oz of water

-50g of protein
-210 calories
-0g of carbs

Meal 5 - 5pm
2 chicken breasts NO SKIN [0g carbs, 380 calories, 70g protein]
1 cup of romaine lettuce & spinach [1g carbs, 10 calories]
1 Tablespoon of ground flax seed [3g carbs, 45 calories]

-70g of protein
-435 calories [270]
-4g of carbs

Meal 6 - 8pm
1 scoops of protein powder + 12oz of water

-25g of protein
-110 calories
-0g of carbs

TOTAL
-295g of protein
-1885 calories
-87g of carbs

those that want to be ripped, can’t be afraid of losing a little muscle or looking smaller. Dropping carbs and doing fmc is the easiest way for me to get ‘ripped’ quickly

lol

LMAO @ that broscience laden post. Hit your protein requirements and eat whatever the fuck you want. If you’re in a deficit, it doesn’t matter what you eat.

Test Prop + Anavar + Albuterol + DNP

[quote]nik133 wrote:
LMAO @ that broscience laden post. Hit your protein requirements and eat whatever the fuck you want. If you’re in a deficit, it doesn’t matter what you eat.[/quote]

I hope your not being saracstice thats basically exactly what I do and it works!

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

[quote]nik133 wrote:
LMAO @ that broscience laden post. Hit your protein requirements and eat whatever the fuck you want. If you’re in a deficit, it doesn’t matter what you eat.[/quote]

I hope your not being saracstice thats basically exactly what I do and it works![/quote]

Nope cals in<cals out and you’re good, a carb is a carb, a fat is a fat, a protein is a protein.

[quote]nik133 wrote:

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

[quote]nik133 wrote:

I hope your not being saracstice thats basically exactly what I do and it works![/quote]

Nope cals in<cals out and you’re good, a carb is a carb, a fat is a fat, a protein is a protein.[/quote]

So by saying this, I take it you must have trained loads of bodybuilders yeah?

All those who eat moderate-low carbs or carb cycle and gurus out there are just wasting their time right?

lol

Do whatever you want, if you enjoy eating rice and chicken 7 times a day, far be it for me to tell you to change. However in the end it makes no difference if you want to enjoy different food, I’ve been cutting on cake/pizza/popcorn/chips/ice cream etc. I just make sure to hit my protein requirements and if I want to eat something else I do.

This threads not about doing what you want or just eating what you want, it’s about getting REALLY lean, while holding AS MUCH muscle as possible.

Going from a skinny/fat 18% to 12% bodyfat or whatever is not the same as going from 12% to 6% while holding onto a lot of muscle. If you believe that you’ve done this naturally (i.e. ripped), by eating whatever, I’d like to see pictures…

Fair enough if your genetics allows you to drop 10lbs of fat while being slack, but for the large majority, going down to less than 8% fat in a matter of a 2-3 months is going to take a bit more strategy than “eating whatever”.

I eat less frequently, maaintain meal size. Rocket science

“I eat less frequently, maintain meal size. Rocket science”

LOL, if you’re gona say stuf like that I hope your physique is close to ones like CT and Stu

[quote]its_just_me wrote:
This threads not about doing what you want or just eating what you want, it’s about getting REALLY lean, while holding AS MUCH muscle as possible.

Going from a skinny/fat 18% to 12% bodyfat or whatever is not the same as going from 12% to 6% while holding onto a lot of muscle. If you believe that you’ve done this naturally (i.e. ripped), by eating whatever, I’d like to see pictures…

Fair enough if your genetics allows you to drop 10lbs of fat while being slack, but for the large majority, going down to less than 8% fat in a matter of a 2-3 months is going to take a bit more strategy than “eating whatever”.[/quote]

Go read Austin’s post in the 18 inch arm thread, he’ll echo the same sentiment as me. Holding onto muscle has more to do with your training/protein consumption, rather than eating some “clean” food.

This is from an interview of Tnation member Mad Titan:

“My diet is non-linear. My calorie intake varies depending on the activity in the gym that day. If its going to be a hard day at the gym, I will carb up that day. For instance, I carb up on leg days but I wouldnâ??t on a day that I do chest and biceps or any other small muscle group. My nutritional philosophies and training for that matter are both based on science and real world application, not hear say. A lot of my nutritional philosophies comes from Alan Aragon. The AARR (Alan Aragon Research Review) keeps me abreast of what works and doesnâ??t work. The timing of meals isnâ??t always consistent meaning I donâ??t always eat every 3 hours etc . I just make sure the total amount of calories I have allotted for that day is met .”

I’ll gladly post pics, I’m in the midst of finishing my cut, just give me some time.

It has nothing to do with genetics, if you’re in a caloric deficit you’ll lose weight. I would suggest looking into the website of Leangains/Intermittent Fasting. It lays out these concepts much better. I used to be very gung ho about eating “clean” and now that I just focus on meeting my protein requirements and then consuming whatever I want, not only has it made my diet/life easier, but I’m dropping weight at the same rate if not a little bit faster.

You can see my physique. I am “ripped”, but if I wanted to get “rippeder” that is what I would do. However I don’t think you’d want to try maintain Stu’s conditioning for a show year round, so your point is moot. Look, shitty calories from junk is the same as clean cals in general. I believe healthy food is better for your body just like premium gas is for your car. But, if all you want is to recomp, reduce frequency so your body doesn’t have fresh calories to use as energy and has to turn to fat. Eat your average portions per meal so you provide your body with power, continue working out so energy is partitioned to helping your muscles recover.

That is the most logical advice in this thread.

LOL @ you calling your own post the most “logical” in this thread.

Eat whatever you want, the majority of my calories come from “clean” sources. However if I want to eat something, as long as it doesn’t hinder me hitting my macros I will do it. That is the only concept I wish to share, if other people feel comfortable eating chicken and rice and other “clean” foods all the time more power to them. I just know for me in the past when I dieted like that, I would balloon up as soon as I was done my diet, due to a lack of calories/food choices. Mentally it’s a lot more strenuous to do the same thing over and over again as opposed to being free with my diet to enjoy all types of foods.

[quote]nik133 wrote:

[quote]its_just_me wrote:

Fair enough if your genetics allows you to drop 10lbs of fat while being slack, but for the large majority, going down to less than 8% fat in a matter of a 2-3 months is going to take a bit more strategy than “eating whatever”.[/quote]

Go read Austin’s post in the 18 inch arm thread, he’ll echo the same sentiment as me. Holding onto muscle has more to do with your training/protein consumption, rather than eating some “clean” food.

This is from an interview of Tnation member Mad Titan:

“My diet is non-linear. My calorie intake varies depending on the activity in the gym that day. If its going to be a hard day at the gym, I will carb up that day. For instance, I carb up on leg days but I wouldnÃ?¢??t on a day that I do chest and biceps or any other small muscle group. My nutritional philosophies and training for that matter are both based on science and real world application, not hear say. A lot of my nutritional philosophies comes from Alan Aragon. The AARR (Alan Aragon Research Review) keeps me abreast of what works and doesnÃ?¢??t work. The timing of meals isnÃ?¢??t always consistent meaning I donÃ?¢??t always eat every 3 hours etc . I just make sure the total amount of calories I have allotted for that day is met .”

I’ll gladly post pics, I’m in the midst of finishing my cut, just give me some time.

It has nothing to do with genetics, if you’re in a caloric deficit you’ll lose weight. I would suggest looking into the website of Leangains/Intermittent Fasting. It lays out these concepts much better. I used to be very gung ho about eating “clean” and now that I just focus on meeting my protein requirements and then consuming whatever I want, not only has it made my diet/life easier, but I’m dropping weight at the same rate if not a little bit faster.[/quote]

It’s got A LOT to do with genetics. Some people are tolerant to carbs, some aren’t. Some are tolerant to milk, many aren’t. Some people need more cardio, some don’t. I could go on…

Mad Titan proves MY point, not yours. You said eat whatever, Titan carb cycles etc. Titan claims his approach is scientific/based on following philosophies of Aragon, who doesn’t say just “eat whatever”.

It’s not simply a case of calories in/calories out. What about nutrient timing? What about fats (while getting ripped your calorie intake will be very low and you need to keep hormone balance in check)? etc etc etc. And that’s factors that effect your gains, let alone the health implications of eating crap (e.g. malnutrition). There’s no excuse, you’re just being lazy if you can’t eat 2000 cals or whatever of decent food. No, eating oats/beef/nuts/fish/rice/chicken (along with veggies) etc is not “clean” food, it’s a pretty standard bodybuilding diet (unlike predominantly pizza, ice cream etc)

Go ahead, while attempting to get ripped, eat junk, don’t bother timing/cycling the carbs…then compare that to getting ripped while eating well (e.g. plenty green veg/fish/meat etc), timing things well, and see how much faster you lose fat and get rid of love handles etc.

[quote]nik133 wrote:
…the majority of my calories come from “clean” sources. However if I want to eat something, as long as it doesn’t hinder me hitting my macros I will do it. [/quote]

That’s perfectly fine, not what I was getting at :slight_smile:

So you can pretty much ignore my above post if that’s the main gist of what you were getting at…

[quote]Kanada wrote:
You can see my physique. I am “ripped”, but if I wanted to get “rippeder” that is what I would do. However I don’t think you’d want to try maintain Stu’s conditioning for a show year round, so your point is moot. Look, shitty calories from junk is the same as clean cals in general. I believe healthy food is better for your body just like premium gas is for your car. But, if all you want is to recomp, reduce frequency so your body doesn’t have fresh calories to use as energy and has to turn to fat. Eat your average portions per meal so you provide your body with power, continue working out so energy is partitioned to helping your muscles recover.

That is the most logical advice in this thread.[/quote]

Eating predominantly crap, over time will often lead to bad hormone balance (bad for building/trimming), bad fat distribution (e.g. really bad love handles), diabetes…the list goes on…it’s not just some “hippy health food”.

Health-wise, just try pushing it hard in the gym with inadequate zinc, magnesium, iron etc. You may not notice this just now because youth/temporary changes masks it. But keep it up and it’ll catch up with you.

“if all you want is to recomp”

Read the title of the thread

“I am ripped, but if I wanted to get rippeder that is what I would do.”

So what you’re saying is that you’ve never done it before? Great, keep it up with the tips

Your a fucking moron who wants to fight me for no reason. Cute little comprehension trick though. I have gone from 165-145 from 2 weeks due to irregular and infrequent feeding schedules. It was inadverdent and I regained right after. True story bra, you mad?

Seriously tell me that eating less while staying active won’t make you look better as long as your not already in top shape. are you a fucking joke? I am in close to top shape at my weight, I hold very little fat, and sure it may be cause I’m young but my principles wouldn’t change just the margin for error narrows as you get older. This guy is not asking for advice to stand on stage just how to build his body better. It is fuckin bodybuilding, you don’t have to compete to be one.

Taking steroids all your life will lead to hormonal imbalance. See, I can make unqualifiable statements too. It is true that a person who takes steroids may be hormonally imbalanced, but many steroid users are quite adept at managing those variable without hurting themselves.

Go ahead. Try it