how to get rid of a squirrel

I just noticed that the shed attached to my house has pulled away a couple of boards from the side of the house. I noticed because squirrels have moved in and are making a bit of noise above a closet. I can replace the boards without too much trouble but I have to get the fluffy little critters out first. I considered a ferret but they cost $120, and the ferret would leave a decaying mess behind. Maybe AC/DC with the volume on high would do it but that would drive me out first. My current plan is to put a baited live trap right outside of the opening and hope I don’t just draw an army of new squirrels to the house. Any ideas on how to drive them out with a minimum of damage to the house?

Squirrels love peanuts, I know that. But, beyond that, why don’t you just try the AC/DC thing or scare them out some other way (pounding on the closet walls/ceiling would probably scare the shit of them). Then board it up once they’re out. Just try to avoid having to kill them. And I wouldn’t worry about drawing other squirrels and them boarding with you too. I doubt the current residents would let outsiders in anyways.

Go to your local university & offer some engineering students a case of beer to chase it away.

Try this> Get some Mothballs and put them in tie them in some old panty hose toes. Make several bundles. Put these were ever you don’t want the squirrels. They will move!
Best of Luck.

Large rat traps will remove them permanently. Don’t use poison, they will die in your house and stink it up for a month.

A cheap live trap:
One coffee can (empty)
One standard mouse trap
4" X 4" Hardware cloth 1/4" wire mesh

Glue/staple the bait trigger half of the mouse trap into the rim of the coffee can with the spring of the bale bar right out side the lip of the can. Twist tie the hardware cloth to the bale bar so that it blocks the open end of the can when the trap is sprung. Cut a slot though the hardware cloth to allow free movement of the the trigger’s latch bar.

Bait the trap (peanut butter), set the trap, catch squirrel.

look for some type of fox urine product… this stuff keeps animals out of gardens really effectively.

Or offer a group of math students a job.

While I highly concur with Say, I must add that you have these gentlemen chase the squrrils towards an open George Foreman Grill with a long extension cord. Never waste protein.

MBE: “Herding Dinner since 0005. JADABB founder, 2002.”

-Eric

Does anyone know why messages pasted from MS Word lose their spelling and puctation? This is very frustating! Anyway just try the mothballs, in the toes of old pantyhose.
Best of Luck.

Can I name it? tehe

get a gun.

Hey I’m only working at the Safeway until I graduate! I’ll be able to get any job I want once I’m done!

I couldn’t resist:

Prep Time 2 1/2 hours

Ingredients

Utensils <p

2 tablespoons butter Medium-size sauce pan

1/4 cup (60ml) brandy ?

1 tablespoon parsley, dried ?

2 cups (500 ml) chopped onions ?

2 tomatoes, sliced thin ?

3 cloves garlic, minced ?

2 squirrels, cut in pieces ?

2 cups (500 ml) water ?

Salt and pepper to taste ?

Directions: In a medium-size sauce pan, melt the butter over very low heat. Add the brandy, parsley, onions, tomatoes, and garlic, and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. When onions are fully cooked,add the squirrel pieces and water. Cook, uncovered, until tender, about 45 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

ENJOY!!

Ko did you intend that recipe for this thread or the one on how to handle a militant vegitarian?

It would work for either. They are both kinda tough and stringy. They require a moist heat cooking technique.

Best bait for the trap is apple slice with peanut butter on it
they cannot resist. Be careful for rabid ones.

find someone with a jack russel terrier. and put it in the area of the squirels. those dogs are born and bred to hunt small critters… i guarantee it to work, or your money back !! PODGE.

$4.00 and they are gone. Buy a box of moth balls and spread them out were you don’t want them. Troubles over.