How to Get People to Listen?

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
And this affects you how?[/quote]

Ding ding ding

Best answer. Fuck other people, get strong.

wait until people hurt themselves, then they will listen…that worked with me

[quote]forevernade wrote:

[quote]clutz15 wrote:
This was a regular occurence at my University gym and it got to the point Id get so angry going there I couldnt focus on my own training (people asking what I was doing, telling me I was doing things wrong, trainers teaching half squats/ bench, you name it). In the end I said F it and everyone who’s to stupid to realize whats going on deserves to get screwed over and I moved myself to a powerlifting gym and never looked back. Anyone who wants my help can come train with me, if they dont like it F it their loss.[/quote]

You should have got a t-shirt like me, one that says on it’s back 'Fuck off, I am Powerlifting." With the traditional 3 pictures of the guy benching, squatting and deading.[/quote]

Please tell me you’re serious and where I can get that same shirt.

You shouldn’t be afraid of showing your credentials. You aren’t a nobody, go ahead and say that you’ve got a degree and that you compete and do well. You know her trainer is saying he/she has this or that qualifications. If it’s anything like it is over here, certs vary, and lots of trainers are fools. But people hear certified trainer and think they are paying for quality.

Anyway, perhaps you could encourage her to sign up for a competition. Then she’ll see what a dumb ass trainer she has, and come to you for some real advice. And then, yeah, you can PIIH. lol

i think don’t worry about her.

everyone needs to walk their own path… and when it comes to selecting who / what pieces of advice to listen to some people need to learn the hard way.

one of the thing that fascinates me so much about this whole lifting activity is the blend of theoretical and practical experience / knowledge that people have. the wisdom you get from people who have put their money where there mouth is and spent the time under the bar / on the stage and the knowledge you get from people with a variety of qualifications.

i think different people have different things to offer…

but best not get into a pissing match about what is better than what or who knows best or whatever.

rise above.

i think one of the things i’ve learned in time is those most willing to give advice often give more problematic advice than those who give advice reluctantly after i all but beg.

but maybe that is about my valuing the advice that is given.

meh.