How to get DOMS in your ass?

No rude jokes please.

I’ve tried everything. Deadlifts and squats don’t give me DOMS in my ass - they give me DOMS in my adductors and hamstrings.

Dedicated posterior chain work (hip hinging) gives me DOMS only in adductors and hamstrings as well.

Barbell hip thrusts DO make my ass very sore in between sets, but not actual DOMS (it doesn’t linger on to the next day).

I’m one of these people who loves DOMS as it tells me I was doing something right.

I tried kettlebell swings, and I felt a great glute contrction when doing the exercise, but again, the DOMS was all adductors and hamstrings.

It’s not like I have no mind-muscle connection to my glutes - I’m actually good at activating them and squeezing on demand - but I just can’t get them sore.

What exercise do you do that gives you ass DOMS?

And does my inability to get ass DOMS mean I must have some muscle imbalance? ow to correct it?

for fucks sake

Try:

Constant tension dumbbell stiff-leg dead lifts.

Why? Holding dumbbells really does allow for a much more natural movement than barbell SLDLs. Focus on shooting the ass out as you descend, so it takes the stress off your lower back and emphasizes the ass and hammies. When going back up, stop at about 3/4 of the way up, and repeat. 12+ reps.

If this doesn’t do it, superset with any type of glute/ham raise variation.

Should do the trick.

Bulgarian split squats. If you have great mobility, do elevated bulgarian split squats. Try various rep ranges.

Use the hack squat machine but use it laying on your stomach

Reverse hack squat

Them them after some weight mule kicks on the cables

Walking lunges with a long stride will make my ass so sore, it will hurt to sit the next day.

However, I do not believe that DOMS is necessary for muscle growth.

High rep walking lunges with a weighted vest do it every single time for me.

hip thrusts, 10x10, minute rest between sets.

that’ll do it

[quote]yolo84 wrote:
for fucks sake[/quote]

Great contribution!!

Seriously, I don’t know what this forum would do without you

Where I work out there is no space for walking lunges.

Do you think slideboard reverse lunges (I hope this would be similar to a walking-in-place lunge) would have the same profound effect on ass soreness?

There’s nothing more satisfying like good ass DOMS.

When your ass feels like every fiber has been penetrated and stimulated like nothing before.

mmmmmmmm…yes.

Good thread, op!

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
hip thrusts, 10x10, minute rest between sets.

that’ll do it[/quote]

x2

Or superset with lunges.

Wide Box squats work for me, always tears up my glutes, and especially in that glute/hamstring transitional area

Front squats give me DOMS in my glutes.

Okay, here’s what I want you to do. Start squatting below parallel with a wide stance, establish good form and go for a one rep max. If both have already been done, get about 10 reps above 90% of your max, then go to 80% and do as many reps that you can do without rest-pausing then rest pause several times followed up by a drop set going about 5-8% down per drop set until you can only squat the bar. There you go, extreme ass DOMS. I don’t know of its effectiveness for anything other than doms though… It’s very dangerous, and I have no idea if it will help hypertrophy. (well it is HIT)

[quote]Wahuuga wrote:
Wide Box squats work for me, always tears up my glutes, and especially in that glute/hamstring transitional area[/quote]
^this^

[quote]Michael Crehan wrote:
Bulgarian split squats. If you have great mobility, do elevated bulgarian split squats. Try various rep ranges.[/quote]

^And this^

Though I haven’t done them in some time, Box squats and wide stance squatting always gave my ass doms. Same with spilt squats, which I don’t do since I’m focusing on Quads currently. Good luck in your quest for ASSDOMS and hopefully you’ll whimper/cry while attempting to get on and off the shitter the following day!

[quote]Michael Crehan wrote:
Bulgarian split squats. If you have great mobility, do elevated bulgarian split squats. Try various rep ranges.[/quote]

I second this. One-legged leg press used to do it for me as well.

Just curious, why do you want DOMS in your ass? Do you think it’s necessary for growth? Are you having trouble feeling them work?

I get intense ass doms from deep narrow squating, with that being said I hate this. I want an impressive squat but I do not want a big ass. Why would anyone specifically want hypertrophy in their ass unless the planned on competing?

[quote]alternate wrote:

[quote]yolo84 wrote:
for fucks sake[/quote]

Great contribution!!

Seriously, I don’t know what this forum would do without you[/quote]

It was a great contribution. It made me laugh. Obviously not too helpful to you, but it made my day one laugh better.

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned the Butt Blaster machine. That will definitely do the trick.