How to Get Big? When to Back Off?

Hello everyone,

first off: excuse my bad english. I will try to keep my questions as simple as possible, for you to understand. But anyway - besides that - the ANSWERS I would like to hear from you, should be as simple as possible, without getting too scientific. Furthermore I REALLY want to hear the opinions from heavy hitters, not some skinny “I_know_everything_from_reading_a_article”-guys.

By all means I don’t want to disrespect those “skinny” guys who want to share their knowledge, but I’am REALLY interested in “what worked for the BIG ONES? / how did the BIG ONES managed it all?”.

Now…:

#1 - Got all the “heavy hitters” seriously big, by over eating to a maximum, and training like a madman?

2# - Whenever you felt like your whole routine in the gym builds up (over time) to a point where it all became “too much to take seriously”, what did you do? Just eat more and keep it up OR minimize the trainingroutine and back off from massive eating?

Keep the answers simple as much as you can.

Rest note: BY ANY MEANS: I do not want to disrespect anyone, my english is just bad and I cant write things down in a friendly manner, like I would want to. Please keep that in mind.

This thread seems pretty stupid and there are many threads that have big guys talking about their progress.

Determination.

It all comes down to how bad you want it regardless if you have a busy life or not. Eating, training, etc wouldn’t be happening if the persons mindset wasn’t focused for it.

So in a simple answer, the big guys just have more drive. They want it badly and they make it happen.

Jelking. It all comes down to jelking.

And genetics. Jelking and genetics.

Hi there, there’s two threads you may find interesting:

FattyFat:
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_alpha/bodybuilding_my_way

ProfessorX:

In my opinion, the latter thread is pretty useful for training information, the prior one is good as a guide for “when to back off”, both are very motivational reading.

There are also some very good training logs on here, though for the life of me, I don’t know why I don’t have those bookmarked (so I can’t provide you any URLs).

Hope that helps.

What do you mean by “too much to take seriously”? I am assuming something has been lost in translation.

@JonEightPackGuy,

don’t you ever again tell me in such a disrespect way that it takes determination. I know determination. I’ve sweat so far in my life so much blood and tears to give my self the right to say that one confidently.

Maybe my reaction to your post is a little bit to aggressive. I’am not sure if your post was really in this aggressive way. I’am not sure, and because of that I want to apologize immediately if I got you wrong on this one.

Furthermore I want to say thanks to you for sharing “determination” with me. It could have been the case that I dont know determination. You couldn’t know, so - thanks.

__

@on edge,

ok.

__

@enrac,

thank you. This will maybe answer my questions. At this point I don’t want to be a disrespect way, but I allready knew (at least) the Professor X’s thread. I just didn’t made it through the whole thread yet. My questions still unclear to this point, that was one of the major reasons for me bringing my thread up.

But so or so - I will bite through it. It’s worth it, even if my two questions won’t be explained fully in the way I had imagined.

So here goes the next “thanks” out. Thank you.

__

@doubleh,

allright. I will explain as best as I can.

I mean by “too much to take seriously” the training routine and (more then the routine) the INTENSITY of your workouts. By “INTENSITY” I dont necessarily mean repetitionrange from (example) 1-5x. No. I mean the OVERALL “pushing yourself to limit”-kind of intensity.

I hope I made myself clear good?

steroids

[quote]Affliction123 wrote:
@JonEightPackGuy,

don’t you ever again tell me in such a disrespect way that it takes determination. I know determination. I’ve sweat so far in my life so much blood and tears to give my self the right to say that one confidently.

Maybe my reaction to your post is a little bit to aggressive. I’am not sure if your post was really in this aggressive way. I’am not sure, and because of that I want to apologize immediately if I got you wrong on this one.

Furthermore I want to say thanks to you for sharing “determination” with me. It could have been the case that I dont know determination. You couldn’t know, so - thanks.

__

@on edge,

ok.

__

@enrac,

thank you. This will maybe answer my questions. At this point I don’t want to be a disrespect way, but I allready knew (at least) the Professor X’s thread. I just didn’t made it through the whole thread yet. My questions still unclear to this point, that was one of the major reasons for me bringing my thread up.

But so or so - I will bite through it. It’s worth it, even if my two questions won’t be explained fully in the way I had imagined.

So here goes the next “thanks” out. Thank you.

__

@doubleh,

allright. I will explain as best as I can.

I mean by “too much to take seriously” the training routine and (more then the routine) the INTENSITY of your workouts. By “INTENSITY” I dont necessarily mean repetitionrange from (example) 1-5x. No. I mean the OVERALL “pushing yourself to limit”-kind of intensity.

I hope I made myself clear good?[/quote]

Well, it’s hard to answer the question you posed because it’s hard to understand. What is your native language? Maybe use google translate to translate your question?

Suddenly I got a feeling that this thread could turn into a comedy for some. I please to not do so.

@enrac,

“lol”, I allready used translator for (at least) 35% of my posts, so far. Looks like I really have to hit the english language again.

My two questions, as simple as they are, should be ANSWERED as simple as they are! Basically I didn’t expected “looooong” answers. Complete Routines, for example, I didn’t expected. What I wanted to hear/read, was just about something like… well, just something like “Yes, I got big by over eating and training like a madman.”.

Bottom line: I wanted to hear it from other guys, what I know allready deep inside myself. I think that is the bottom line of it. Maybe JonEightPackGuy was right, and this IS a dumb question from me, because actually I KNOW the answers to my questions allready. I just wanted to hear it from someone who is far ahead myself. Telling me that I’am on the right way. Something like that.

All in all:

You can close this thread if you want. It’s ok. Answering to it will be ok too, AND I would appreciate it very much if serious answers would come, but even if not - it’s ok.

Thanks to all.

@JonEightPackGuy,

[/quote]

haha talkin tough shit on an internet forum

I give a x2 on checking out Prof X’s thread. Do you want to get big? Read what he has done and do it.

My two questions, as simple as they are, should be ANSWERED as simple as they are! Basically I didn’t expected “looooong” answers. Complete Routines, for example, I didn’t expected. What I wanted to hear/read, was just about something like… well, just something like “Yes, I got big by over eating and training like a madman.”.

[quote]
So you already know the answer to the question you’re asking? what do you want us to tell you? To get big you have to eat a lot and train hard, it’s pretty obvious

What I wanted to hear/read, was just about something like… well, just something like “Yes, I got big by over eating and training like a madman.”.
[/quote]

So, for the big guys to answer, the options were:

1. I worked hard in the gym and didn’t eat like a chick on a diet
  2. I didn’t eat much and I worked out infrequently

What’s the point of this thread again?

i feel like the boards have taken a turn for the worse lately.

lesbians are awesome.

@JonEightPackGuy,

don’t you ever again tell me in such a disrespect way that it takes determination. I know determination. I’ve sweat so far in my life so much blood and tears to give my self the right to say that one confidently.[/quote]

I can smell disrespect at its finest. Well, it’s ok. I have tried to come in my most friendly intention, but it is what it is.

“See ya” and thanks to those who gave good advice to me.

gregron, that is the creepiest thing ive ever seen.

1. Get big by over eating and training like a madman

2. http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

I can smell disrespect at its finest.[/quote]

That should be on a T-shirt.

I’d buy one.

lol me too

@JonEightPackGuy,

Oh my f*cking god. This guy says not to disrespect him, and that he doesn’t mean any disrespect in return yet says one of, if not the, most disrespectful post I have ever read on here. This can’t be put down to the language barrier, it’s just plain being an a$$hole!