How To Gain Weight

Along with the other advice telling you to each, with which I do agree…You mentioned Creatine and asked our opinions…I think it’s a great supplementation to your diet. There’s abolutely nothing to worry about regarding damage to kidneys or liver if you take the right amount and take it with food/water. In your situation I would mix the creatine in your protein and take at least two protien shakes a day.

I’m also wondering why you only powerlift two/three times a week? Does that mean you don’t do any other workouts for the week?

Simple. Eat 8 times a day. Medium to large meals. Every day. It’s not pretty, but you’ll gain.

[quote]kroc30 wrote:
Simple. Eat 8 times a day. Medium to large meals. Every day. It’s not pretty, but you’ll gain.[/quote]

If you don’t have the “stomach” to eat like this go buy a big ass tub of the fattiest and most calorie ridden weight gainer shake you can and mix with milk, banana and eggs. Add these between meals to get your calories…that is if you can’t eat them. You can do this 4 times a day and see what happens.

6’3" and 145??? That’s Nazi a prison camp stat.

Force it down, you’ll get used to it.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
Before you read my post, go eat. All of you, just go eat. I’m going to go eat right now…

Did you eat yet??

Ha…You have to laugh at these threads, don’t you? Someone posts their tiny ass diet and then people bring bring up, jokingly(maybe?) eating a full jar of peanut butter washed down with a whole gallon of milk…I love it.

Seriously… You weight WAY less than me and you have a lot of height on me. I wanted to weigh 175… Until I got there. then I wanted 180, then i got there. You will not be satisfied with 185 lbs… try like 215 or 220 or so. I’m not even satisfied with 185 and I’m 5’10!

EAT EAT EAT. Go eat right now.[/quote]

Ah, how true. I remember my junior year of high school when I weighed 135 after XC season. I wanted to gain weight so I ate like an animal (and lifted) and got to 150 by end of senior year. Somehow I hit 170 not too long after and lost it all (back to 150) in boot camp. Since then it was up and down up and down but NEVER over 175. I’m finnally starting to break that platuea. I want 185 so fucking bad…

(Typed between bites of hardboiled eggs and oatmeal)

You’ll hit it dude, you sound like you exercise a ton, so you need to eat that much more! I weighed 155 at the beginning of this year. I thought I would look AWESOME at 175… Then I got there and realized i didn look much different. 180 came and I wanted more…185…more…195. That was a few weeks ago and I realized I got a little fat so I cut up for a few weeks.

Now its back to bulking. The biggest problem I have is the sheer amount of money it costs to bulk up. 100 bucks at the grocery goes in a few days sometimes. Luckily my new job (and a BBQ joint) gives me free food!! 2 dinners a night sometimes…ahhhh. St Louis Ribs, Potatoes, Pulled pork…all down the gullett.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1127876416076.Ausmus_Brad_21.jpg

i’m a baseball player 6’3 170 pounds, a junior in high school, what would you guys advise as for lifting and weight gaining? i want to hit 200 by my senior year to be a huge impact on the state… i wanna look like this guy

Until your stomach can handle the massive amounts of food that most have suggested, use only .9 banana rather than a whole banana.

[quote]vaughn5000 wrote:
Until your stomach can handle the massive amounts of food that most have suggested, use only .9 banana rather than a whole banana.[/quote]

This is really good advice. It’s really important that you follow this or you won’t reach your goals.