How to Explain Steroids Aren't Cheating?

as Barry Bonds said, “when you have no skeletons in your closet, then you can come clean mine”…
or something like that.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
tw0scoops2 wrote:
I don’t really consider it cheating. “taking the easy way out” is more fitting.

The only thing that annoys me about steroids are the people that use them and then stand by the excuse that they got their build naturally. That’s a slapshot to the face of any natural weightlifter.

maybe if everyone wasnt so ignorant about steroid use they wouldnt have to lie.[/quote]

They’re also illegal. So while you might not give a fuck what anyone thinks about how you got your build, you probably don’t want to get harassed by the cops.

Ethics Ethics Ethics

[quote]Invictica wrote:
It’s cheating if you are in a tested federation where the rules are clearly stated. You have agreed upon it when you first entered the sport. The governing body has the right to say those drugs are banned. I know this doesn’t further your argument, but its the truth.

[/quote]

The above is cheating…otherwise no.

Its only considered cheating if you get busted. hehehehe

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:

They’re also illegal. So while you might not give a fuck what anyone thinks about how you got your build, you probably don’t want to get harassed by the cops. [/quote]

Not all members live countries where they are illegal.

It’s what pussified smaller people use to rationalize their shortcomings.

This is largely irrelevant. As it’s been stated, they aren’t illegal everywhere. Also, who gives a fuck if they are illegal? Some laws are shortsighted and unjust, and breaking them doesn’t necessarily reflect poorly on someone’s sense of morals or ethics.

Is this in regards to a non-competing person using them?

Would you (everyone) considered cheating if you just injected low doses? Some people are born with much higher test levels, is it really unfair for someone on the low end to bump themselves up to par?

As long as your test levels stay within the medium to high range (of natural levels)I dont think it is cheating. ?Just my opinion tho

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:

They’re also illegal. So while you might not give a fuck what anyone thinks about how you got your build, you probably don’t want to get harassed by the cops.

[/quote]

and not all cops really give a damn if youre using for personal use. if youre trying to sell, the cops will want to bust you. its the same with any drug, cops dont waste their time with that bullshit. if you do it in their face theyll bust you but thats it. especially with all the cutbacks in law enforcement i think cracking down on steroids is really at the bottom of the to-do list.

but theres nothing illegal about being on steroids. you cant buy them, you cant sell them, you cant consume (or inject) them but you cant be arrested for being “on steroids”.

Simply don’t. Its not worth the waste of minutes if not hours from your life. Its cheating if your competing in a tested contest.

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:

This is largely irrelevant. As it’s been stated, they aren’t illegal everywhere. Also, who gives a fuck if they are illegal? Some laws are shortsighted and unjust, and breaking them doesn’t necessarily reflect poorly on someone’s sense of morals or ethics.
[/quote]

It’s very relevant as to why many people who are using claim not to, because they don’t need the potential legal hassle. That’s the question I was addressing. As to the larger ethical issue of the OP’s question, that has been answered-it depends, and who gives a shit?

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
BlueCollarTr8n wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:

and not all cops really give a damn if youre using for personal use. if youre trying to sell, the cops will want to bust you. its the same with any drug, cops dont waste their time with that bullshit. if you do it in their face theyll bust you but thats it. especially with all the cutbacks in law enforcement i think cracking down on steroids is really at the bottom of the to-do list.

but theres nothing illegal about being on steroids. you cant buy them, you cant sell them, you cant consume (or inject) them but you cant be arrested for being “on steroids”. [/quote]

It’s nice to think that cops don’t waste their time with bullshit like steroids and marijuana, but I wouldn’t count on it.

[quote]Game Time wrote:
Would you (everyone) considered cheating if you just injected low doses? Some people are born with much higher test levels, is it really unfair for someone on the low end to bump themselves up to par?

As long as your test levels stay within the medium to high range (of natural levels)I dont think it is cheating. ?Just my opinion tho[/quote]

If you are competeing in an organization that is ‘Drug Free’
then you are cheating…IMO

[quote]Invictica wrote:
It’s cheating if you are in a tested federation where the rules are clearly stated. You have agreed upon it when you first entered the sport. The governing body has the right to say those drugs are banned. I know this doesn’t further your argument, but its the truth.

[/quote]

QFT

They’re also illegal. [/quote]

That depends on where you live.

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:
If you are competeing in an organization that is ‘Drug Free’
then you are cheating…IMO

[/quote]

Isnt that the definition of cheating? i.e. going against the rules?

It’s very relevant as to why many people who are using claim not to, because they don’t need the potential legal hassle. That’s the question I was addressing.[/quote]

Gotchya. I didn’t read thoroughly and thought you were addressing the OP’s question by saying they are illegal. My bad.

It’s nice to think that cops don’t waste their time with bullshit like steroids and marijuana, but I wouldn’t count on it.
[/quote]

political/media pressure is a strong thing…

And if a guy lies to you about steroid use(or you think he does), it’s probably because he doesn’t know you like that and it’s not any of your business.

I try to explain to people all the time how there isnt a God but people still beleive in him.

I dont think Roids are any different then creatine.One of the two is just much more powerfull and can induce nasty side effects if taken wrong.People are fucking stupid,You can never get anyone who doesnt feel the same as you to see things your way.They will keep listening to the mass media and what they have been told there whole lives and that is that steroids will shrink your balls give you bad acne and make you rage uncontrolably all the time.

I mean come on look at chris Benoit he was on steroids and he killed his wife,son then himself so roids must be bad,Right?

I support steroids very much and just like me not beleiving god i have no problem speaking up about them when I hear people bashing them.

LiveFromThe781 wrote:
BlueCollarTr8n wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:

but theres nothing illegal about being on steroids. you cant buy them, you cant sell them, you cant consume (or inject) them but you cant be arrested for being “on steroids”.

[/quote]

marijuana is a class D substance

steroids… well i dont even think theyre listed.

do you really think cops are like “i heard this guy was benching 3 plates, lets go raid his house”