How to Explain Gay Rights to Dummies

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:

I just think its funny that, when your gay friend disagrees with gay marriage, you want to trot his opinion out on the boards. Yet when the subject was a school banning any mention of homosexuality whatsoever (to the point that a teacher could be fired for so much as admitting that homosexuals exist) - and I suggested that you talk to him, your response was… to nitpick the fact that I used the word “feelings” instead of “thoughts” or “opinions”.[/quote]

Show me the quote. I’m certainly not going to take your word for how the entire conversation went down.

In any event, I mentioned my friend’s opinion to provide an example to you and others that the battle-lines for “bigotry!” don’t cut as cleanly and neatly as you need them to you for your lazy and half-educated worldview. That was the point in interjecting my friend’s opinion at all, then others asked for more information regarding his opinion (which I provided).

Sorry, Capped. You can’t unring the bell. [/quote]

CappedAndPlanIt wrote:

Ask your gay friend how he feels about it.

thunderbolt23:
That’s completely irrelevant. The standard is not and has never been “what if this hurts someone somewhere’s feelings?”.