How to Do a Good Cut

I added about 5 pounds in 5 weeks on GVT (Sitting at 183-186 depending on which scale I use) and I think I might be done bulking for the summer.
I have 4 weeks before I get out of school and about 6 weeks before my gf does. I’d like to be somewhat cut by the time she gets out so I can proudly go to the beach with her.

So my questions are last time:

1. Last time I cut was mid Jan for 2 weeks, it was more of a maintenance cut. I used Thib’s 4 week diet found here http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/mondays_with_thibs_the_five_elements_of_program_dominance
    and lost a ton of fat I think it was ~8-10 pounds in 2 weeks then went back to bulking.
    Didn’t loose any strength at all. Should I use this again?

2. Can I use H.I.T. while cutting? I was going to use that if I kept bulking, 8-12 exercises, 1 set to failure, 3 times a week.

3. Should I start an EC stack right off the bat or wait til I finish the 4 week diet and then go to a less extreme mod/low carb diet?

4. Any secret tips? No carrots pls I already eat 2lbs a day plus a gallon of carrot juice.

This is my first real cut I’m up from 150 at the start of July last summer.

I can’t wait, hope you’re wearing flameproof undies!

[quote]Boffin wrote:
I can’t wait, hope you’re wearing flameproof undies![/quote]

Why would I get flamed? I’ve got respectable lifts Incline DB bench 95x8, Squat 315x10, SDL 245x10 at a decent weight, not what I wanted but so whats a few lbs in the long run. Just looking to not look like a chubster during the summer. Its not like I’m 140 lbs hoping for teh abz.

[quote]ballsout wrote:
Just looking to not look like a chubster during the summer. Its not like I’m 140 lbs hoping for teh abz. [/quote]

Dude -

DUDE.

Are you…?

…NVM.

Pull your pants up…

Good time to end the bulk, you were getting all huge and icky like a bodybuilder.

How do you manage to look so small at 180 lbs? I’m only an inch and a half shorter and weigh about the same right now, but look meatier.

Having said that, you’ll probably do what you’re doing anyway… I would just go on a balls to the wall 2 weeks of fat loss, lose up to 10 lbs, and then maintain for a few weeks… Which is what you probably want. (Can’t be “chubby” in the summer, amirite?)

For that, remove all carbs from your diet, megadose on fish oil, leucine and glutamine + whey PWO, and maybe even use some HOT-ROX. Don’t be afraid to train intensely for those 2 weeks. You should go down to 8-9% BF pretty damn fast.

wait, r u seriously eating carrots and carrot juice?!

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

S[/quote]

Everyone knows 2 lbs is not enough, I heard the big guys eat up to 8lbs per day.

I wonder how many guys are running around eating only 2 lbs of carrots thinking that is going to help…

If you want to cut for “beach season” then do it. maintain that weight for the summer (8-12 weeks) and THEN bulk back up.

if you cut and then bulk w/o holding for that time period…your going to rebound back to your original weight/bf% quick.

Broken Record.

don’t get too fancy, you don’t seem like you have enough experience to.

I’m not getting into whether you should be cutting or not, that is your call and I know plenty of people will have an opinion.

I do want to point out that 2 pounds of carrots/day and even worse carrot juice are NOT going to help you in that goal. Carrots are high glycemic carbs, and you would do better with a low carb diet, or at least low glycemic carbs like broccoli, grean beans, spinach, and squash.

[quote]forlife wrote:
I’m not getting into whether you should be cutting or not, that is your call and I know plenty of people will have an opinion.

I do want to point out that 2 pounds of carrots/day and even worse carrot juice are NOT going to help you in that goal. Carrots are high glycemic carbs, and you would do better with a low carb diet, or at least low glycemic carbs like broccoli, grean beans, spinach, and squash.[/quote]

IMO the GI impact of carrots is over-rated. They are, ultimately, high on sugar though, and not as high on fiber as alternatives, so you still gotta be careful.

As for green beans and spinach - just remember, there is NO SUCH THING AS FREE FOOD. CT points this out in “Get Jacked Fast,” and good riddance. It’s very tempting to stuff yourself with veggies all day long if you’re like me and dieting hard, but you WILL progress faster if you don’t go crazy with food, period. Possible exception(s) is celery (and cucumbers?).

That’s my .02$

[quote]ballsout wrote:
I added about 5 pounds in 5 weeks on GVT (Sitting at 183-186 depending on which scale I use) and I think I might be done bulking for the summer.

This is not a bulk. 5 pounds? You must be joking.

1. Any secret tips? No carrots pls I already eat 2lbs a day plus a gallon of carrot juice.

[/quote]

Ok, now I KNOW you’re joking. If you’re not, then this is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Here’s your new avatar:

Gain more weight and get this thread outta the forum.

[quote]G87 wrote:
How do you manage to look so small at 180 lbs? I’m only an inch and a half shorter and weigh about the same right now, but look meatier.[/quote]

Mirror/camera phone/bad lighting/that was 7 lbs ago that might be why I look so small. One thing I was really lacking was back thickness I’ve mostly taken care of that. That said you look old as fuck and don’t even have a shirtless picture.

To everyone else, yes I was joking on the carrots.

As I said in my original post my bulk was from 150 in July/August to 185 what I weighed in on monday. Tell me 35lbs in less a year isn’t decent and I’ll slap you in your mouth.

I came here looking for advice but I guess this forum has gone to shit.

[quote]Rooster1980 wrote:
The Mighty Stu wrote:

S

Everyone knows 2 lbs is not enough, I heard the big guys eat up to 8lbs per day.

I wonder how many guys are running around eating only 2 lbs of carrots thinking that is going to help…
[/quote]

I eat 10lbs per day and I still can’t get teh hawt abzz

And so it begins, the beach season seems to be fully upon us…

I’ll just say I understand this guy motivations.

I’m also gonna cut for summer :o

But… i’ll end at 195

To the op, why not use something that already worked great…

aka

1st option.

Btw, its not because ur bodyfat is going down that you cant still put some muscle on.

Make smarter food choices… think it out

[quote]Aggro wrote:
And so it begins, the beach season seems to be fully upon us…[/quote]

just when new years resolution season ended too…

[quote]forlife wrote:

I do want to point out that 2 pounds of carrots/day and even worse carrot juice are NOT going to help you in that goal. Carrots are high glycemic carbs, and you would do better with a low carb diet, or at least low glycemic carbs like broccoli, grean beans, spinach, and squash.[/quote]

Theres also something like 3 carbs in a carrot so that point is moot.