T Nation

How to Discourage AS Use for Newbie

A guy I know is on AS for the first time.
Here’s the story:
I saw him sign up at my gym yesterday and i said whats up to him. He’s about 5’8 137 lbs (very skinny). Doesn’t work out, first day.
Halfway through my workout he’s like wow you’re squatting that? I’m like ya, I’ve been training for almost a straight year with proper nutrition. After so much praise and all, he asks me if i was on AS, my answer was no. He then proceeds to tell me his friend gave him a shot… “A shot of ‘juice’?” He tells me yes. I froze for a second and couldn’t believe it.

I told him he shouldn’t be on this stuff unless he knows what he’s doing, he knows about the stuff he’s taking, he has his training and diet right, has at least 4-5 years of training and is at least 25 YO.

I asked him what steroid he was on he mumbled the answer as he couldn’t remember. I asked him how many steroids were in his cycle, he answered “i have the bottle, it’s a 1000 MG”. This all tells me he’s not cycling properly. After talking to him he didn’t seem too convinced. Another thing i asked was how was his nutrition, he told me he eats 4 meals a day with ‘a lot’ of pasta…

Is there an article here i can print out for him to read so i may bring it to him at the gym?

I wouldn’t even speak to that guy again…sounds like trouble coming a mile away!

Bet the kid is maken the whole thing up. Just wants a gym buddy or to fit in.

Tellem about gyno and proper PCT and how he will grow tits if he doesn’t know what he is doing. After that he is master of his own destiny.

Well hopefully he didn’t tak ethe full 1000mg himself, maybe it was split between he and his buddy. Just break it down the way it should be…
Explain to him what he is actually putting into his body, how it can shut down his natural levels, cause gyno and acne as “Dirtbag” mentioned. And that he really needs to know what he is putting in his body. And if he has any chance o f benefiting he needs to eat more than 4 meals a day and alot of pasta isn’t the answer…
Perhaps I am stating the obvious, but he needs to wise up, tell him you are trying to help him, and if he doesn’t listen than there’s nothing you can do.
Cheers to you for having a heart in the matter though! I would have prob said only 1000mg dude real men do 10,000… Sorry that’s awful…

[quote]Randizo wrote:
Well hopefully he didn’t tak ethe full 1000mg himself, maybe it was split between he and his buddy. Just break it down the way it should be…
Explain to him what he is actually putting into his body, how it can shut down his natural levels, cause gyno and acne as “Dirtbag” mentioned. And that he really needs to know what he is putting in his body. And if he has any chance o f benefiting he needs to eat more than 4 meals a day and alot of pasta isn’t the answer…
Perhaps I am stating the obvious, but he needs to wise up, tell him you are trying to help him, and if he doesn’t listen than there’s nothing you can do.
Cheers to you for having a heart in the matter though! I would have prob said only 1000mg dude real men do 10,000… Sorry that’s awful…
[/quote]

Screw that …the little puke needs to learn a lesson about the powerful stuff that he is putting in his body. He forsure does not know the first thing about training or else the pasta will go out the window for better meal choices. Next he could not even name the substance going in his body. That right there makes me think he yanken someones chain and just wants to be one of the big boys. And even if he did inject 1000 mgs of what ever he deserves the hard lesson he is going to learn. Stupid kids like that is what gives AAS users a bad name. Personaly I think its natural selection in action. Watch the darwinism in action boys.

I already give him the speech about gyno, acne, test shutdown, and all the wrap about nutrition.

I’m just looking for an article about steroids for beginners. That way he wont take my advice as a lecture (as you would receive from your mom). Rather if he had it on paper, he’d have time to read it over as many times as he wants and think of what he’s doing. If that doesn’t work, I’ll give up on him. But i think he still has a chance.

[quote]sawadeekrob wrote:
I wouldn’t even speak to that guy again…[/quote]

You know, if you put effort into some people, they might actually listen. Try it.

imasri
You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink. SO you drown the bastard!!

Nah seriously you can give this kid as much info as his little head can digest. But if he is wanting to use AAS in a fucked way and listen to door knobs, nothing you do is going to mean an ounce of shit to this guy.

I’m all with you…Which is why i stated if the print out doesn’t work, i wont bother. The reason i actually think there’s a chance is because he was listening to what i had to say and didn’t get all defensive. I just don’t know what i told him was enough. I think an article on paper would be more effective.

After that, i can’t do much more

hey imasri, I like your tat :). The guy you talk about i see so many times at my gym, Guys who juice up and don’t even have nolva on hand or know wtf a pct is. I see people talking about sust more than testosterone, and when u tell them just use Test they have no idea wtf it is ( I try to explain sust is test, just 4 blends and they look at me in suprise ) These people make me sick, it is why i hate training at such a ignorant place, not only do they question every Waterbury workout i’ve done. They think they actually know whats going on, and I’m the dumb one heh. I think the best thing to do, is advise him and if this poor fella listens well great. If not just ignore him and let him destroy his body as he very much deservs it for his ignorant behavior.

If you wanted to print out something, You need to find out exactly what he is on, I mean wont be much help printing out a Sust article if he’s cycling Winny or something.

show him a picture of a guy with gyno. If man-tits don’t change his mind, nothing will.

[quote]oscarhs wrote:
hey imasri, I like your tat :). The guy you talk about i see so many times at my gym, Guys who juice up and don’t even have nolva on hand or know wtf a pct is. I see people talking about sust more than testosterone, and when u tell them just use Test they have no idea wtf it is ( I try to explain sust is test, just 4 blends and they look at me in suprise ) These people make me sick, it is why i hate training at such a ignorant place, not only do they question every Waterbury workout i’ve done. They think they actually know whats going on, and I’m the dumb one heh. I think the best thing to do, is advise him and if this poor fella listens well great. If not just ignore him and let him destroy his body as he very much deservs it for his ignorant behavior.[/quote]

Thank you, i have 4 more actually. Check out my pics, the one on my back is a work of art. Anyway, the funny thing is, the guy didn’t show up at the gym yesterday (as he said he would be there). Already he’s skipping out on his workouts. it’s very sad.

[quote]koots wrote:
show him a picture of a guy with gyno. If man-tits don’t change his mind, nothing will.[/quote]

That’s the best idea :slight_smile: i’ll tell him to search gyno on google, he’ll find this: http://www.ricksilverman.com/images/gyno.jpg

The second subject is the best. He looks like a woman.

So what happend with your friend… where is the follow up?

well… what can i say? i haven’t seen him in the gym in 2 days after his first day haah.

I’m sure he’s getting hyooge because he took that shot of susgod-knows-whaton 1000. The potion is working itself.

I am sure he is getting huge too on fakeroidabolon 1000. 2 workouts is funny shit. Ummm maybe he did take something and is really sick from it. That is why you don’t see em. Now that would be funny shit. I have no remorse for dumb shits that take stuff with no clue.

Oh you know he could be really sore from a real workout, so he is taken it easy. Sure the fakeabolon 1000 is helping him out real well with recovery.

Either way …still a knob not worth your time. I am sure in your gym career you will see lots of d00ds like that one.

lol nono it was only 1 workout. I saw him the day he signed up and never again thereafter.

That fakeabolon 1000 really did his ‘bicepts’ hard. So he MUST be taking it easy. That or he’s sick lol.

Oh well, thankfully i was smart about my training and i read about what I was doing to my body and how to train it properly.

Just an update:

I saw his friend yesterday in the changing rooms. I asked about buddy… His friend replied “He was hurting too much from the workout and is too ashamed to come because he’s skinny. He wants to workout in his basement”

LOL laugh of the year!