T Nation

How to Develop Pec Racks?

How do you guys get that “rack” look at the bottom and outer sides of your pecs? I got the top started pretty well but underneath looks like a hollow pit same for sides.

Thanks in advance

For a nice, supple ‘rack’ look, I take birth control.

Synthol?

Well I got some advice from another forum. So there is still intelligent life on forums

Maybe you are a known troll and I don’t know it.

Read one or two of your others posts and they didn’t seem terrible. And since I get this as an actual question being a trainer I’d say one that it’s partly genetic based on muscle shape.

And second you may be upper dominant. Check out Dr. Clay’s article on building a bodybuilder chest…

OP:
I think your asking about the Serratus anterior.

Squats and Milk! Just kidding…

Pullovers, Bench variations, Wood Choppers…

post here

http://new.rateyourrack.com/top.php

Thanks guys it was all helpful. The link tribunaldude sent even made me laugh.

Today I started dips and declines. Hopefully will see some improvement in a month or two.

Is a troll someone who asks a lot of questions?

[quote]Pirate12 wrote:
Thanks guys it was all helpful. The link tribunaldude sent even made me laugh.

Today I started dips and declines. Hopefully will see some improvement in a month or two.

Is a troll someone who asks a lot of questions? [/quote]

it depends on the questions :wink:

A troll is someone who deliberately asks stupid or controversial questions to get outraged reactions from other people. In other words, a troll is someone who is deliberately stupid and/OR incompetent beyond what one would expect from a normal human or newb. Also they generally act offensive or use ad hominem attacks. They can be disguised in various ways, but it usually boils down to that. They are almost always new posters (as opposed to veterans), although there are some noted exceptions.

Troll

1a. Noun
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

1b. Noun
A person who, on a message forum of some type, attacks and flames other members of the forum for any of a number of reasons such as rank, previous disagreements, sex, status, ect.
A troll usually flames threads without staying on topic, unlike a “Flamer” who flames a thread because he/she disagrees with the content of the thread.

1c. Noun
A member of an internet forum who continually harangues and harasses others. Someone with nothing worthwhile to add to a certain conversation, but rather continually threadjacks or changes the subject, as well as thinks every member of the forum is talking about them and only them. Trolls often go by multiple names to circumvent getting banned.

As a sidenote, I have no idea what the heck a ‘pec rack’ is anyways.

I think he’s talking about chest thickness/shape.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
As a sidenote, I have no idea what the heck a ‘pec rack’ is anyways. [/quote]

It’s where you hang your chest muscles when you aren’t using them. They make similar products for fancy hats and guns. Google bro, google.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

I can see now that “rack” was the wrong term to use but I honestly wasn’t thinking sexually. In the locker room a few weeks back some guy referred to the thick development of the lower and outer pecs as “male racks” the term is used locally and I just wrote the message without thinking about ramifications. At any rate I appreciate the answers. Don’t think I am a troll according to the definition, but at least now I know what one is.

Gotta go my workout for today is with a snow shovel.

[quote]Pirate12 wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

I can see now that “rack” was the wrong term to use but I honestly wasn’t thinking sexually. In the locker room a few weeks back some guy referred to the thick development of the lower and outer pecs as “male racks” the term is used locally and I just wrote the message without thinking about ramifications. At any rate I appreciate the answers. Don’t think I am a troll according to the definition, but at least now I know what one is.

Gotta go my workout for today is with a snow shovel.[/quote]

That guy was making up words and most of us still don’t know for sure what the hell you are talking about. “Rack” is not used in that way in bodybuilding at all and I really fucking wish you guys would quit inventing words to describe what you don’t know.

Your muscle “shape” is determined in your genes. You won’t see that genetic shape without building enough SIZE to your chest…and honestly, if you don’t have much of a lower chest, chances are you are just small all over and need to get bigger over your WHOLE body.

Your lower chest is usually the first to develop unless you are simply doing mostly incline work.

What are your stats?

Not sure what the chest measurement is but I try to do mostly decline work lately and under the advice of this and another forum I have started dips. I never did dips much before because I suck at them but am determined to get the shape of pecs where i want them and so dips it is.

My height is 5’6 and I weigh 160 but have a body fat percent of about 25, which is down a bit from where I started so am making progress…just not fast.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[/quote]

That guy was making up words and most of us still don’t know for sure what the hell you are talking about.

[/quote]
There it is! See how your pecs are rounded on all sides, upper, lower, outer. That is how I am trying to develop. In other words respectfully sir, I want to like like you when I grow up!
[photo]24274[/photo]

get bigger and leaner, it solves every problem on this board pretty much

Pirate12

What stevo_ said. You have to put in the years to do it. Professor’s added over 100 lbs to his bodyweight since he began training…about 10 years ago (probably more I think).

It ain’t going to be easy and it ain’t going to happen over the course of a year or 2.

i had my nipples at the bottom of my chest for a while… lol I had to start benching on the decline