T Nation

How To Cut

I’ve been doing weight lifting for almost a year and 4 months and I whana start doing MMA. I weight 78 kilg’s. I saw the true about bulking article and I was thinking for almost a week now that there is no need to bulk and add that amount of fat since I’m also going to do MMA. I whana start cutting and get lean but I have tried it once and my shoulders and legs still didn’t cute even my packs didn’t show I still can’t see the definitions in my body even when I was 65 long time ago, I just don’t know what am I suppose to do to cut and get the definitions in my body?. There is also another problem is that I think heavy guys are stronger. I feel much stronger than when I was lean. I think if I got skinny I would be much weaker??

English is my second language so sorry about it. I found this website is the best to get help and information. I hope you can help me out with your opinions.

[quote]alablangy wrote:
I’ve been doing weight lifting for almost a year and 4 months and I whana start doing MMA. I weight 78 kilg’s. I saw the true about bulking article and I was thinking for almost a week now that there is no need to bulk and add that amount of fat since I’m also going to do MMA. I whana start cutting and get lean but I have tried it once and my shoulders and legs still didn’t cute even my packs didn’t show I still can’t see the definitions in my body even when I was 65 long time ago, I just don’t know what am I suppose to do to cut and get the definitions in my body?. There is also another problem is that I think heavy guys are stronger. I feel much stronger than when I was lean. I think if I got skinny I would be much weaker??

English is my second language so sorry about it. I found this website is the best to get help and information. I hope you can help me out with your opinions.
[/quote]

My math may not be perfect, but does that not equal about 170lbs. What are you going to cut?

Unless you are 4’11 I would worry more about turning body composition as opposed to cutting weight.

Lean–F*** if 170 ain’t lean, how low do we have to go.