How to Continue Bulk?

I’ve been bulking for 13 Granted 8 months in it was interrupted by some very serious health issues that kept me from gaining for about 3 months so it was not continuous. Anyways I started at 6’2 139 and now I’m 6’2 202. I’m starting to get a bit of fat on my stomach. Not too terrible but definitely noticeable. Anyways I’m wondering where to go from here.

Should I bulk up to about 225 and then cut some fat? Or should I maintain 202 and try to lean out? My overall main goal is to gain muscle mass but I’m also trying to get much stronger. At this point all of my main lifts are continuing to go up quite well. A little fat doesn’t bother me. People close to me say my stomach is starting to look pudgy and think if should bother me. They don’t understand it’s part of a process.

Anyways just wondering where I should go from here. Maybe ill throw up some pics later, I’m not a big fan of putting pics of myself on the Internet though.

Oh I should also mention I eat pretty clean but sometimes get a good amount of fat in order to get total calories for the day. I can expand upon my typical macros for a day if needed. My goal during the bulk is to gain a pound a week. Sometimes I don’t gain any and sometimes I gain a few but it has averaged out to a pound a week (not counting that 3 months period of health issues where I lost weight)

If your goal is to get as must hoar and as strong as possible keep bulking. Your honestly just now getting where you need to be to steadily see continual gains. There is no point in stopping now its just going to hurt you. I would atleast bulk through the next few winter months. Not like your going to be slaking around with your shirt off to much in December anyway…

PS fuck what your friends say. Its your body and your goals if your happy and seeing the gains you wants then what right do they have to tell you other wise.

That’s a good point reed. And yeah I don’t care what they say I just wanted to show some perspective so it didnt seem like I was overreacting about just getting my first signs of fat. People have some dumb beliefs about training though. Those who don’t train seriously basically think that as long as you have and and decent sized arms you’re impressive.

It’s annoying when people think you don’t know what you’re doing in the weight room cause you have a bit of stomach fat. In fact they are usually the ones who don’t know what they’re doing. Haha ok my rant is over.

You mind sharing how you got through your 3 months of health issues? What happened, what changed, how did you deal with it mentally?

Because I’m now on month 2 of nausea, appetite-loss, and I’ve lost a couple pounds. I’m still making progress in the gym, so I know it’s not all for naught, but it sucks when I have to struggle to eat.

If I remember correctly, you were having similar issues.

[quote]bulkNcut wrote:
That’s a good point reed. And yeah I don’t care what they say I just wanted to show some perspective so it didnt seem like I was overreacting about just getting my first signs of fat. People have some dumb beliefs about training though. Those who don’t train seriously basically think that as long as you have and and decent sized arms you’re impressive.

It’s annoying when people think you don’t know what you’re doing in the weight room cause you have a bit of stomach fat. In fact they are usually the ones who don’t know what they’re doing. Haha ok my rant is over. [/quote]

^^^ Agreed

@ lorez. i just posted a long ass post but its not showing up. Ill try to respond to you soon. If I don’t in the next couple of days either post in this thread or send me a pm. It’s not a bother at all I just don’t want to forget

I am curious, who told you that simply downing fat will get you stronger(provided you did the stimulus part)?

@Bhappy, sorry your last question kind of confused me.

GREAT progress, keep up the good work. I vote for continuing the bulk.

@ BulkNcut
In the OP you wrote:
" I’m also trying to get much stronger"
than you wrote:
" sometimes get a good amount of fat in order to get total calories for the day"

Any particular fat?

I am really curious because i am 5 11 with a slim body like you were when you started. You are surely younger, i am 55 but my modest goals are also getting bigger and stronger.
All the best !

@chobbs. Thanks man
@bhappy- My diet has been quite messed up so don’t take my advice too seriously. Most of my fats come from olive oil in a smoothie (cause its hard to get whole foods down). Basically what I meant is I don’t eat totally clean and sometimes use some high calorie fatty foods to get my calorie goal for the day.

@ BulkNcut
thanks for your reply. That is what i meant by " downing fat " drinking olive oil. To get big peanut butter works but the question is what will be revealed when you get lean ? It is possible to get stronger without adding muscles so getting stronger is nice but not a guarentee that muscles are piling up.
Anyways if you are honest you will learn from that experience.

Yeah well I have def gained a good amount of muscle. I mean yes some fat has come with it, but the majority is definately muscle. I’m tempted to throw up a pic to show you guys exactly what I’m talking about. When people post physique pics is it usually with a pump? Or flexed or relaxed? hah i know it sounds dumb but if I take the time to put up a pic (which im really hesitant to do) I want it to be right.

You can save time, your waste line was…
is…

I never measured my waist line, before or after. All I know is that I used to fit into 32 waist jeans and now I fit into 34 waist jeans.

[quote]bulkNcut wrote:
I never measured my waist line, before or after. All I know is that I used to fit into 32 waist jeans and now I fit into 34 waist jeans. [/quote]

Pretty incredible for 63 pound gain, excellent work man.

@Gmoore- Thanks man I really appreciate it

That is good news !
You will want suggestions in the coming months. I suggest you monitor your # weekly to get appropriate suggestions. The scale is one,
your waist line,
your morning heart rate(google that to learn how to take it) take it a few days to get an average,
what you can lift,
your blood pressure(you can take it for free in many pharmacies).
Between those 5 you will not be able to cheat and being honest will force you to correct any mistake(we all make some)you will make. By jan 5th cutting is a good idea but any last minute cheat you will have to pay for.

[quote]BHappy wrote:
That is good news !
You will want suggestions in the coming months. I suggest you monitor your # weekly to get appropriate suggestions. The scale is one,
your waist line,
your morning heart rate(google that to learn how to take it) take it a few days to get an average,
what you can lift,
your blood pressure(you can take it for free in many pharmacies).
Between those 5 you will not be able to cheat and being honest will force you to correct any mistake(we all make some)you will make. By jan 5th cutting is a good idea but any last minute cheat you will have to pay for.[/quote]