How to Clean a Shaker?

Pick your weapon

1. Mix baking soda and vinegar and let it sit for an hour or so.

2. 1/2 teaspooon of bleach and mix with water and let it sit overnight and rinse thoroughly.

3. Get one of those water filtration tablets that hikers use

4. Vanilla extract and water and let it sit overnight. The vanilla smell will dissipate after 1st wash.

5. After washing the container well, make a paste with baking soda and water, and coat the entire inside of the container. Leave set for a day or two, then wash again.

6. Activated Charcoal

7. Fill your shaker up with newspapers

8. Dawn odor eater

9. Hot lemon juice

10. Use salt and lemon to scrub the container

[quote]KingCLee33 wrote:
Pick your weapon

2. 1/2 teaspooon of bleach and mix with water and let it sit overnight and rinse thoroughly.

4. Vanilla extract and water and let it sit overnight. The vanilla smell will dissipate after 1st wash.

5. After washing the container well, make a paste with baking soda and water, and coat the entire inside of the container. Leave set for a day or two, then wash again.

6. Activated Charcoal

8. Dawn odor eater

9. Hot lemon juice

10. Use salt and lemon to scrub the container [/quote]

Damn,will this get rid of AIDS as well?

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

[quote]KingCLee33 wrote:
Pick your weapon

6. Activated Charcoal

8. Dawn odor eater

9. Hot lemon juice

10. Use salt and lemon to scrub the container [/quote]

Damn,will this get rid of AIDS as well?[/quote]

LOLed

i just rinse the thing out with water right after im done with my shake.

now, as for the shaker i forgot about 3 months ago thats half full and in the back seat of my car… that might get thrown out. im actually afraid of how bad it might small

[quote]clockworkchad wrote:

now, as for the shaker i forgot about 3 months ago thats half full and in the back seat of my car… that might get thrown out. im actually afraid of how bad it might small[/quote]

Man, don’t even remind me of that. When I was living in the Carib, I left one in the back of my car for 2 weeks. Mind you, on a cool day, it’s about 100 out and my 1996 Volvo didn’t have working AC. My buddy picks it up one day while we’re driving to a dive site and it smelled like a dead skunk so I ended up chucking it out the window.

Get a higher quality bottle. The harder the plastic the easier it is to get the smell out, if any smell even accumulates.

People here actually use a bottle once and throw it out??? WTF?

So if I drink one protein shake in the morning, one preworkou, one during workout, and one post workout, plus I have a shake right before bed after dinner thats 5 bottles a day. But let’s assume I use the same bottle for the peri-workout shakes. Thats still 3 a day. $4-$5 a bottle times 3 a day = $15 a day on bottles. $15 X 30 days in a month= $450 a month on bottles.

Or maybe you use the same bottle all day then throw it out. 1 bottle= $5 a day. 30 days X $5 = $150/ month.

Really?? I make pretty damn good money and consider myself pretty wasteful, but not reusing bottles seems a bit ridiculous and expensive.

[quote]AndrewG909 wrote:

So if I drink one protein shake in the morning, one preworkou, one during workout, and one post workout, plus I have a shake right before bed after dinner thats 5 bottles a day. But let’s assume I use the same bottle for the peri-workout shakes. Thats still 3 a day. $4-$5 a bottle times 3 a day = $15 a day on bottles. $15 X 30 days in a month= $450 a month on bottles.

Or maybe you use the same bottle all day then throw it out. 1 bottle= $5 a day. 30 days X $5 = $150/ month.

Really?? I make pretty damn good money and consider myself pretty wasteful, but not reusing bottles seems a bit ridiculous and expensive.[/quote]

Yep use it once then throw it out.

My shaker bottle budget is about 200-300 dollars per month.

[quote]AndrewG909 wrote:

Really?? I make pretty damn good money and consider myself pretty wasteful, but not reusing bottles seems a bit ridiculous and expensive.[/quote]

Andies candies, I don’t think I’m alone on this when I say what the hell are you talking about?

why don’t you own a dishwasher?, also i find rinsing them out as soon as your done is the best way to keep em clean, if you leave it sitting your asking for it to smell.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]AndrewG909 wrote:

Andies candies, I don’t think I’m alone on this when I say what the hell are you talking about?
[/quote]

is that a new nickname for Andrew? does he dislike it, cause if he does i cant wait to call him it?

[quote]AndrewG909 wrote:

WOW, thats a whole lot of shaking. I eat about 5-7 times a day and about 2-3 of those will be shakes sometimes I use the shaker sometimes I don’t. IF you use any one item that much its going to get the funk ring.

What kind of protein are you using I can mix mine with a spoon in a glass (plastic) does about the same job as a shaker. Mix it up a little spread those 3-5 shakers you own out.

[quote]AndrewG909 wrote:

Can you imagine doing it on the v-diet…

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[/quote]
You actually may be alone on this because most people read the entire thread…

[quote]ADvanced TS wrote:
I love this shit.

Dumbass, shaker bottles are disposable. Use once then discard. Thats why you should buy 10-15 at a time for your weekly protein shakes. Otherwise that rotten broccoli smell will always be there.[/quote]

^see here.

Jeez you’re dumb! Not like normal dumb, but like really dumb. Like dumb dumb!!

^ you dont want to get on the wrong side of a 8ft tall man.

Blenderball is awesome because it scrapes all of the stuff stuck to the sides.

Right after using it I rinse it with hot water, then throw it into the freezer. After 3 times of use, it goes into the dishwasher.

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]AndrewG909 wrote:

WOW, thats a whole lot of shaking. I eat about 5-7 times a day and about 2-3 of those will be shakes sometimes I use the shaker sometimes I don’t. IF you use any one item that much its going to get the funk ring.

What kind of protein are you using I can mix mine with a spoon in a glass (plastic) does about the same job as a shaker. Mix it up a little spread those 3-5 shakers you own out.[/quote]

Sometimes I use a cup but my schedule dictates the shakers alot. Wakup at 430am with just enough time to throw a shake together to drink on the metro. At work in the field a lot so shakers are required pre and post workout, during workout shaker cup is required for obvious reasons, the only shake that I drink that can be done without a shaker cup would be right before bedtime.

[quote]AndrewG909 wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[/quote]

I love this shit.

Dumbass, shaker bottles are disposable. Use once then discard. Thats why you should buy 10-15 at a time for your weekly protein shakes. Otherwise that rotten broccoli smell will always be there.[/quote]

^see here.

[/quote]

Advanced TS has never had a serious post in these forums, who’s the dummy now andies candies?!

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]AndrewG909 wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[/quote]

I love this shit.

^see here.

[/quote]

Advanced TS has never had a serious post in these forums, who’s the dummy now andies candies?![/quote]

andy FAILS!

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]AndrewG909 wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[/quote]

I love this shit.

^see here.

[/quote]

Advanced TS has never had a serious post in these forums, who’s the dummy now andies candies?![/quote]

Thanks Danny.