How to Change my Skinnyfat Look?

IF. In my case, that would be another 30 lbs or so to go down to, and thats dangerous.

I have gone down 5-6 lbs now, and my body looks smaller, but the fat is still there as it was when i was over 190 lbs aswell. Not enough muscle?

Ye, exactly. Its not a problem for me to loose 15 lbs, and get down to 165 lbs, but the fat will be there, because i have so little musclemass.

I would not say that am fat, but the little musclemass makes me alot more fatter then i really am.

What should i do further bro? What would u do?

I’d do this workout and just eat healthy.

Protein: chicken, turkey, pork, steak, fish, etc
Carbs: rice, pasta, quinoa.
Veggies: Brussels, green beans, asparagus, etc
Fat: buts, coconut oil, avocado, olive oil

Choose one from above for each meal. Simple.

But should i keep cutting hard while using that program? Cutting hard like a 800-900 kcal deficit, or a 300-400 deficit, which in my case would be 2200 kcals daily?

1800 kcals is generally very low for someone that is 6’1. I don’t even know if that’s enough to support muscle maintenance. But you will gain nonetheless (newbie gains), it is just won’t be as maximal if you fully provide yourself with all the macronutrients that you actually need.

yeah, but surely you want to keep the little muscle you have? I would think that would be obvious.

If this helps any, which I hope it does:

But it really pays to sift through a bit of the articles that’s on this site.

Quite a few of the people who have posted here all have good suggestions, but there’s more than one way to skin a cat, and I think it would be beneficial to you to pick and choose things that you will stick with longer.

You don’t necessarily have to cut right off the bat. You can recomp, but that takes some patience and dedication. I didn’t start with a cut. Albeit I was kind of in the middle of having some muscle, and decent amounts of fat when I first started out.

Perhaps find a good medium you can flourish in? Not overly bulking, but not shredding through fat as quickly? Any typical strength program you can find on here would suffice. Pick through some articles on nutrition, and tailor it to your liking, and maybe throw in some conditioning stuff, or pick some of the conditioning challenges in the articles section, to give yourself a bit of a boost, and just plow through it for some years. Gain a couple of pounds of muscle, lose a couple of pounds of fat, and roller that grow exponentially, after two or three years it’ll definitely show.

This is just a suggestion on my behalf. Do whatever is more plausible for you though.

Ye, 1800 kcals is low. Is therefor i am curious if i should increase my kcals to 2300 maybe? My tdee is 2600, so I would still be at deficit.

Don’t worry about losing muscle from fasting. Catabolism is overhyped. You might lose a few lbs of muscle per 20-25 lbs of fat. You’ve got plenty of fat to lose and all kinds of time to gain muscle. You can lose 20lbs in 2 weeks. Then start eating clean and pumping iron

So i should go for a hard-cut then, like 800-900 kcals deficit? I was thinking to do a 300 kcal deficit instead maybe?

flip a coin
It won’t matter in the long run

This is fucking ridiculous.

OP, look for advice elsewhere because you are getting conflicting advice and some of it is complete garbage. If I was you I would just start lifting weights 3-4 times a week and eating good food. Find a program on this site or elsewhere and follow it. You can lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, do that, eat so that your weight stays the same and lift weights. In 3-6 months you can start thinking about cutting or bulking. There is no miracle diet or training program, just consistency and hard work.

3 Likes

How is it ridiculous? It’s not only possible, it’s actually healthier than what else is being suggested. I’d explain it all to you but I’m on vaccation and don’t feel like wasting my time doing it.
Just because you’re ignorant on fasting doesn’t make it garbage. Depleting your glycogen stores, getting your body into ketosis and incinerating fat like a motherfucker. Once you learn it and teach your body not to be afraid to not eat and once you understand when to refeed,
you’ll never be fat again.
Or you can do a 300 calorie deficit and lose 20 pounds in 2 months. Up to you.

You obviously know nothing. Stop giving advice. If you starve yourself like that you are going to lose mostly water and muscle, it just isn’t sustainable. Once you start eating again you will gain back more fat than you had before. You sound like one of those women’s magazine headlines.

A realistic rate of weight loss is 1-2lbs per week. Anything beyond that is going to result in a disproportionate amount of muscle loss and won’t last. Or you could just move to Somalia or any other country that has famines and food shortages on a regular basis.

Okok, thanks.

But would u eat below maintance? Lets say 200 kcals under my maintance, which still will be a small deficit.

Because I have very low musclemass, and if i loose, let says 20 more pounds, my body will still look shit and the fat will be hanging when i sit etc.

Have seen guys on 20+ bodyfat, like me, but have added on some muscle, and there body looks alot more skinny then mine.

The question is what are you really trying to accomplish? Do you want to lose weight or do you just not want to be skinny-fat anymore? If you lose 10lbs of fat over a month and a half (a realistic expectation) then you will look a lot less fat, but you will still be skinny. If that’s what you want then go for it.

The way I see it, you are basically just out of shape. Get “in shape” without making any significant changes to body weight and you will look better. For someone who either hasn’t been training at all or not training hard it is easy to start proper training along with a decent diet and lose fat while gaining muscle mass at the same time. You are not at an unhealthy weight for your size, the issue is too much fat and not enough muscle.

1 Like

Lmao…ok. So you’re saying you have barely any muscle but tons of fat. Yet you think your body will choose to loose more muscle than fat and your skin won’t tighten up…which by the way is another benefit of fasting. Do whatcha want.

I know everything about fasting. You are merely commenting on something you don’t know anything about and downplaying it because it’s not what your brain understands. Human body’s are meant to fast. They didn’t have restaurants and stores and refrigerators as we evolved. Fasting is how your body heals itself. Fasting can fix more wrong with your body than any doctor can. Fasting can cure HIV, diabetes, cancers, acne etc… But most people who have no f’ing clue what they’re talking about and who have never incorporated fasting into their normal way of life, have absolutely no clue what they’re talking about. The reason why it’s not mainstream knowledge in the US is big pharma. Why do you think when you have the flu you can’t eat? It’s your body purging the virus. When you fast, your body burns up your glycogen stores and then “methodically” chooses the most damaged/diseased fat cells to start burning first. Every cell in your body has a specific code that dictates exactly where it belongs in your body. When a cell is overrun with sickness or cancer or whatever…your body knows it’s not working at its potential and during the fast, it’s burbs that cell for energy…eliminating that diseased cell. Your body then replaces it with a brand new healthy cell. Now, if you have cancer or brain tumors or things like that, there is a certain specific style of fasting that is needed called hard dry fasting. But for most other things…if you weren’t born with it, fasting as I mentioned can cure it. You can make fun of, talk shit about or say whatever you want about it. I know people who have cured brain tumors from literally starving the tumor cells. I know people who have cured skin cancer from starving the cancer cells.
What most people don’t realize, because we are mostly ALL stupid fucking Americans who just accept what we are told by doctors is that chemo and radiation for cancer is a fucking joke. Do some reasearch and you’ll see. Germany has cancer centers that use fasting, intravenous organic vitamin injections and hyperthermia to treat all cancers in any stage and have an over 95% success rate and not only that, but most CANCERS they deal with can be eliminated completely in 2 weeks!!! The bad ones might take 30 days. Why can’t we do that here in the US??? Because Big Pharma controls the FDA with money. Any charity that you donate too that claims they are trying to find a cure forr cancer (American cancer society) is a fucking joke!! They will never ever find a cure because they aren’t trying. The cure is knownand has been known. It’s been being implemented in other countries for a long time. America pretends like we try but gutting your cancerour body part with surgery and then filling you with chemicals and toxins. It’s bullshit.
Why are these successful cancer facilities in other countries using fasting? Because our body’s are presided to understand what fasting helps do. Weight loss and energy are just by products of what fasting can do.
If you OP are worried about your skin being loose…do you think your skin with shrink back up if you do a long slow cut? It doesn’t matter what you do. I’ve seen thousands of people who needed to lose 200lbs, not 30-40 like you and they look great now. Lose all your fucking fat. Get lean and shredded. You can always get bigger and grow. You can workout while you fast! The chances of your diet being good enough to not add fat on you is slim. If you fast and drop 30lbs and probably 5-10% bf then after that you can really see your diet and weightlifting results show. You are going to see shit for a long time the other way. It’s your body, obviously do what you want. I’m just offering a proven results oriented way that I know works and would work great for your body type. Good luck with whatever you choose,

@anon50325502 Can you take it from here? #bigpharma