How To Celebrate a Birthday

Do I know how to have fun or what. Today I turned 57. A great number. One of the best cars ever built, a 57 chevy. Heinz made 57 products. Not to mention a certain good looking old guy is now 57.

So my idea of fun, I hit the gym.
I had a birthday workout, oh did I ever. I borrowed from the Japanese martial tradition of the Shogyu. An unusually hard training session pushing the body to the point of puking. I damn near did, twice.

After my knee bends and stretching I did 4 sets of 15 leg raises off side of a bench. Then to the meat of the workout.

Starting off with power cleans sets of 5 with bar, 2 sets of 5 with 85, then 2 more with 95 with a press at end of each set.
Front squats with the safety squat bar. Sets of 5 with bar, 125, 165, 200, then 235 a personal record.

Then speed pulls 6 singles with 375 with only 45 seconds rest between sets.
Romanian deadlifts sets of 5 with 225, 270, 295, then 335. Another personal best.
Icarian rows finished me off sets of 10 with 100, 120, and then 140.

My sweat shirt was soaked and I am spent big time.

Growing old is not for sissies.

Happy birthday! Mine was yesterday :slight_smile: That sounds like a kick-ass workout, great job!

well happy birthday one day late! well hopefully when im 57 ill be pullin deads like u are, wow thats great! but i got a ways to go, still only 20 haha…but you have definitely paid your dues, im sure u got plenty of blood sweat and tears left in you, keep pushin harder!

Happy birthday!

God man I hate growing old. I am 35 now. I think my biggest problem with growing old is being poor. If I was rich, I would not mind it so much. But since I am poor I keep thinking I am not going to be able to work forever, and will need some money in my old age.

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
God man I hate growing old. I am 35 now. I think my biggest problem with growing old is being poor. If I was rich, I would not mind it so much. But since I am poor I keep thinking I am not going to be able to work forever, and will need some money in my old age. [/quote]

That is why in my next life I am coming back rich and ugly as opposed to how I am now.

Good job, bro. I’m 56 and still like to workout like heart attacks are fiction. When I leave the gym, there’s nothing left. Great feeling.

Keep up the good work. Golden Years my ass!

Congratulations. I celebrated my 51st last week by going to the doctor with a suspect hernia:-(

It wasn’t even a heavy lift!

Just got my clearance! No tear, no hernia, no sports hernia. YAYYYY!

TQB

To Petedacook: What do you mean, “old”?