How to Build Lean Muscle?

Hi Guys,

I have been a member for a couple of years, but never really posted.(Mabe once or twice)

I want to start back training but I’m not sure how to go about it.
These are my stats:
18 Years
11 stone
6’0 feet
I dont know what my body index is!

I Box and train in BJJ and a little MMA so I’m fairly fit.
I also run 3-4 miles three times a week and sprint train twice a week.

I’am looking to build up lean solid muscle, I don’t want to be huge just ripped or very defined.
So if you could give me some idea of sets and reps of certain exercise that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Um…this whole fucking site has 10 years worth of information on building muscle.

Go read the beginners threads.

And stop running so much.

Yeah man whats with all the running?

Thibs has his beginner articles which are must reads as hardgnr mentioned, and yeah, its pretty easy to get a tonne of info on how to gain ‘lean muscle’ (as opposed to what…) on this site.
Don’t worry, you won’t get huge, especially with all that running lol.

Thread fail.

[quote]budo15 wrote:
These are my stats:
18 Years
11 stone
6’0 feet
I dont know what my body index is!

I Box and train in BJJ and a little MMA so I’m fairly fit.
I also run 3-4 miles three times a week and sprint train twice a week.[/quote]
You’re kinda tall, and skinny, and doing a crapload of cardio. Looking ripped will be fairly easy for you. Building any significant muscle while doing all that cardio work is going to be damn near impossible.

Do this. No more think, just do.:
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_beginner/starting_strength_the_guide

But definitely cut back on the multi-mile runs and the sprints. Just training boxing, BJJ, and MMA, plus lifting, should cover 90% of your necessary cardio. If your conditioning is a drawback, then we can look to add some in as necessary.

You might also want to read through the “How to Train” sticky in the Combat Sports forum for more ideas.
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_boxing_fighting_mma_combat/a_small_request

Thanks for all the advice.

I suppose i should stop the running, atleast cut it down to twice a week.

Thanks