How to Build Chest Quickly?

What is your routine like now?

[quote]dimitriwilson wrote:
no isolation exercises

[/quote]

why not?

Zep,

Why not? Not to insult Dimitri AT ALL, but he looks downright BONY in his pictures! There is nothing wrong with this. I started out a bit bony too, though not as much. I started out somewhat muscular. Now I weigh 230# at 5’10" and put up some nice numbers and have a nice physique.

In MY opinion, this guy needs to “learn” to use his body first and add overall muscle mass before he starts using many isolation exercise. Most advanced guys would say the same. And when I say this, I don’t think he should exclude some isolation exercises like leg curls, calf raises, bar and dumbbell bicep curls, and tricep extensions. I think he could do without flies, rear delt raises, leg extensions, machine curls, machine tricep extensions, machine shoulder presses, machine and cable lateral raises, and machine bench presses FOR NOW.
If I were him, I would focus on:
Back: cable pulldowns, chinups, cable rows, dumbbell and barbell pullovers, barbell rows, face pulls
Chest: Dumbbell and bar bench presses at all angles
Shoulders: Overhead presses with bar and dumbbells, lateral raises
Traps: Shrugs of all sorts
Tris: Close grip and reverse grip bench press, bar and dumbbell tricep extensions
Biceps: Bar and dumbbell curls of all sorts
Calf raises: Any calf raise
Hamstrings: GHRs, stiff leg deadlifts, leg curls, pullthroughs
Quads: Leg press, squat, front squat, bodyweight sissy squats, hack squats, lunges, stepups or any one legged exercise

How to Build a Big Chest Quickly?

Incline Bench 405X5.

[quote]FightingScott wrote:

Incline Bench 405X5. [/quote]

I don’t think you could hit those numbers “quickly,” but I know what your saying and that sure as hell will build a big chest.

Maybe…just maybe… you should start training consistently!!

just start training hard, consistent, eat alot and keep at it. the other poster is right… you need another 80-100 pounds to fill out and look like you lift seriously. the chest will come up with everything else. I’m as tall as you and started out skinnier, it can be done.

oh. and always touch the bar to your chest on bench press

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
FightingScott wrote:

Incline Bench 405X5.

I don’t think you could hit those numbers “quickly,” but I know what your saying and that sure as hell will build a big chest.[/quote]

Yeah.

Honestly though, I think a reasonable goal for the OP would be to do a decent amount of reps, maybe 8, with his bodyweight on Incline Bench Press.

I’ve come to hold the idea that Incline Barbell Bench Press may be the best Chest Exercise ever because of these reasons.

(1) I Have Small Pecs

(2) I Suck at Inclines

(3) I Feel a Big Stretch in the Chest when doing Inclines

(4) I Fell the Pecs working all the way from off the chest to Lockout on Inclines

(5) I can’t perform the movement quickly, even with 50% of my Max. I can do Military Press with 50% quickly and I can do Bench with 50% quickly.

I rarely see any bodybuilders doing clean, full reps on Inclines with any considerable speed. Look at your favorite bodybuilder Kevin Levrone. His 500X4 is pretty damn fast, but is 405X12, while still impressive, is slow and controlled.

I don’t think he’s lifting slow because he’s trying to feel the muscle work. I just think the movement forces you do be slow.

405 x 5 will be unreachable for MOST people; I mean impossible.

At the hight of his career, Dorian Yates benched 455 for 6 to 8 reps.

At the hight of his career, Dorian Yates benched 455 for 6 to 8 reps on the incline bench.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

At the hight of his career, Dorian Yates benched 455 for 6 to 8 reps. [/quote]

But in pursing this goal, he’ll probably get what he’s after.

[quote]Phoenix Theory wrote:
Maybe…just maybe… you should start training consistently!![/quote]

word to this post

Its also exercise selection. I personally don’t get much chest growth from barbell incline or flat bench presses.

I have to rely on dumbbell flat and decline presses (I have found that incline dumbbell presses are far too much of a pain in the ass to get in position, even with an assistant), machine presses (especially Flex, Nautilus, and Hammer Strength), and cable, pec deck, and dumbbell flies.

I pick one:
1 DB press variation
1 machine press variation
1 free weight fly variation
1 cable or machine fly (pec deck)

That’s four exercises for 2 work sets of 6 yo 8 reps each on the presses and 8 to 12 on the flies.

I have gotten awesome results in the past year and half after I found this sweet spot combo. Everyone should find their sweet spot.

By the way, not all great benchers and squatters have bodybuilder worthy thighs and pecs. Ed Coan is a great squatter but does not have bodybuilder thighs.

Ever see Louie Simmons’ thighs in a Westside video? Nothing to write home about. Glen Chabot had a single poly bench in the low 700s. His chest wasn’t spectacular.

Lol. Solid comeback.

[quote]dimitriwilson wrote:
I am 200lbs u stooge…i got downstairs dominance. ur gf wud kno[/quote]

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
Zep,

Why not? Not to insult Dimitri AT ALL, but he looks downright BONY in his pictures! There is nothing wrong with this. I started out a bit bony too, though not as much. I started out somewhat muscular. Now I weigh 230# at 5’10" and put up some nice numbers and have a nice physique.

In MY opinion, this guy needs to “learn” to use his body first and add overall muscle mass before he starts using many isolation exercise. Most advanced guys would say the same.

And when I say this, I don’t think he should exclude some isolation exercises like leg curls, calf raises, bar and dumbbell bicep curls, and tricep extensions.

I think he could do without flies, rear delt raises, leg extensions, machine curls, machine tricep extensions, machine shoulder presses, machine and cable lateral raises, and machine bench presses FOR NOW.

If I were him, I would focus on:
Back: cable pulldowns, chinups, cable rows, dumbbell and barbell pullovers, barbell rows, face pulls
Chest: Dumbbell and bar bench presses at all angles
Shoulders: Overhead presses with bar and dumbbells, lateral raises
Traps: Shrugs of all sorts
Tris: Close grip and reverse grip bench press, bar and dumbbell tricep extensions
Biceps: Bar and dumbbell curls of all sorts
Calf raises: Any calf raise
Hamstrings: GHRs, stiff leg deadlifts, leg curls, pullthroughs
Quads: Leg press, squat, front squat, bodyweight sissy squats, hack squats, lunges, stepups or any one legged exercise

[/quote]

I agree, but does that mean a chest iso or two after his normal workout is going to make him grow slower?

Actually, its not a terrible idea. But the thing is with a TBT Routine or a upper-lower split, you do not have much room within the workout to do isolation exercises. But whatever; I do not know everything and I don’t know how everyone responds or recovers.

And again, I am not saying this to be dick, since I truly like steering people in the right direction, ESPECIALLY newbs who are in the vulnerable position to be influenced by the wrong information and are also vulnerable to analyzing shit to death!

But the OP is VERY skinny; skinnier than I was when I started. I don’t know if isos will do much at this point. Anyway, a TBT routine doesn’t have to be followed that long.

It can be followed for 4 to 8 weeks during the beginning phases of bodybuilding; that’s it, 1 to 2 months, and then you can go to an AB split and yeah, perhaps add an isolation exercise to the big muscle groups.

But in my opinion, its not all about length of time too. I am curious to what the OPs lifts are. I don’t know what isolation exercises could do for someone who benches less than 185 for reps.

I think Bricknyce has been the most gracious with even responding to this thread.

If the OP wants some good advice and can show as much humility as Brick has shown patience, he’ll walk away with some good pointers.

Post routine. Post a sample diet for the past 3 days. Don’t bullshit.

Well its bit hard trying to do it consistently when i had a hand operation.
Now im eating heaps and this is my current routine…

Session 1
Hammer Curl
Barbell Curl
Dumbbell Curl
Concentration Curls
Upright Rows
Standing Fly�??s front/side
Lat�??s Front

Session 2
Bench Press
Pec Decs
Incline Dumbbell Press
Bench Flys
Tricep Pull Downs

Session 3
Shoulder press
Lateral Raises
Arnold Press
Shoulder shrugs
Deadlift
Bench Row

Session 4
Core and ab work

I wasnt doing all these during the time those 2 pics were taken. i started this about 2 months ago… improving pretty gud

WELL GEE THAT LOOKS PERFECT I CAN’T THINK OF ANYTHING YOU LEFT OUT! GOOD JOB MAN!!!