How to Build Chest Quickly?

The 1st image is from April 07 then 2nd is from May 2008

As you can see my pecs hvnt built much, However i wasnt doin weights consistently and due to injury wasnt able to exercise. But ive been doin it for few months now.

What should i do to build my chest as fast as possible. Like dropsets? with which exercises…

Thats my 2nd pic. my bad

search. lift. Eat.
Get your flame retardant clothing on. This is going to be interesting.

[quote]dimitriwilson wrote:
As you can see my pecs hvnt built much…
[/quote]

Your entire body hasn’t “built much”. You should focus on adding mass, lots of it, all over, not just the chest. As far as putting on size, its pretty simple - eat big (overall caloric surplus), lift big (focus on getting stronger), and rest ~7 hrs if you can.

If you eat like a maniac while lifting, there is no way you won’t grow - making your chest, as well as your entire body, bigger. Don’t expect to be hyoooge in a few months either, this takes time. Years.

Have you tried not weighing 160 lbs?

I first opened this thread thinking there was some 200 lb guy with clear shoudler/tri dominance. I guess I’m the fool in this one.

Do you think that by the time you can incline press 365x12 in good form and have put on 50-75 lbs of mostly LBM that your chest will still be small?

Figure out a plan to get your strength up one basic exercises FAST and consistently and learn to put fork from north to south to see overall growth.

Damn man, I wouldn’t even worry about your chest, your shit’s looking great already. I’m willing to bet that if you stepped on stage sometime soon, you’d walk away with a shiny prize in your hand!

Muscle needs food to grow.

Fucking amazing huh

The 1st image is from April 07 then 2nd is from May 2008

As you can see my pecs hvnt built much, However i wasnt doin weights consistently and due to injury wasnt able to exercise. But ive been doin it for few months now.

What should i do to build my chest as fast as possible. Like dropsets? with which exercises…

[/quote]

man the last thing you need to be worrying about is dropsets, you should just focus on eating properly and by that i mean a calorie surplus.

As far as your chest is concerned if you can bench 3 plates and you still have a tiny chest then start a thread, until then improve your lifts.

[quote]Trenchant wrote:

I first opened this thread thinking there was some 200 lb guy with clear shoudler/tri dominance. I guess I’m the fool in this one.[/quote]

I am 200lbs u stooge…i got downstairs dominance. ur gf wud kno

Trenchant wrote:

I first opened this thread thinking there was some 200 lb guy with clear shoudler/tri dominance. I guess I’m the fool in this one.

I am 200lbs u stooge…i got downstairs dominance. ur gf wud kno[/quote]

What, are you 6’6?

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
dimitriwilson wrote:
Trenchant wrote:

What, are you 6’6?[/quote]

ye gud guess

RSGZ wrote:
dimitriwilson wrote:
Trenchant wrote:

What, are you 6’6?

ye gud guess
[/quote]

Then you wont fill out till you’re about 300lbs.

Seriously, just work your chest twice a week with various exercises if you want it to grow faster. And eat more.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
dimitriwilson wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
dimitriwilson wrote:
Trenchant wrote:

What, are you 6’6?

ye gud guess

Then you wont fill out till you’re about 300lbs.

Seriously, just work your chest twice a week with various exercises if you want it to grow faster. And eat more.[/quote]

136kg that is… daym and im 92 atm… ye ive started eating heaps…doin weights 4 times a week… shud see some improvements…and taking protein shakes.

Thnx for the helpful comment not like the other douche

People would be more helpful if you include more stats and listen to some of them.

Just sayin…

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
People would be more helpful if you include more stats and listen to some of them.

Just sayin…[/quote]

Or if you didn’t type like you were fucking five years old. I promise literacy doesn’t bite.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

Just sayin…[/quote]

How can i listen to them when they r sayin stupid things like i can win a medal soon…dikheads

[quote]SSC wrote:
RSGZ wrote:

Just sayin…

Or if you didn’t type like you were fucking five years old. I promise literacy doesn’t bite.[/quote]

thnx einstein

[quote]Scott M wrote:
Do you think that by the time you can incline press 365x12 in good form and have put on 50-75 lbs of mostly LBM that your chest will still be small?

Figure out a plan to get your strength up one basic exercises FAST and consistently and learn to put fork from north to south to see overall growth.[/quote]

I am in agreement with Scott and others here.

Your problem is not your lack of chest mass. Your whole body needs more mass. I like some of Dave Tate’s simply advice for skinny newbies.

• You should get to a point where you can’t feel bone throughout your legs, shoulders, arms, and pecs. If you feel bone, you are underweight.

• You shouldn’t do isolation exercises if you can’t even flex each muscle individually and have poor muscle control (he said "you know, that stupid thing where you make your pecs shake). You should be able to do a lat spread and know how to flex your hamstrings before you do isolation exercises, I believe. You hardly have anything to work with for now.

• And despite the fact that a lot of bodybuilders who are more advanced than you on this board denounce TBT, I still think you are in the stage where a TBT routine or upper-lower split will be better than a true split. Like CT said, that high frequency makes a newbie “learn” to use his muscles. And to progress size wise, you have to first progress neurally. I made my biggest newbie gains on a TBT Bill Starr 5 x 5 routine. Not the greatest routine, but it got my squat, bench, overhead press, and deadlift up fast as a newbie!

• Now, I don’t think you need to reach 365 x 12 on the incline bench before you start adding isolation work. I actually think you won’t reach that advanced number WITHOUT isolation work (ie: more tricep extensions and lateral raises added to your routine as you progress). You can progress just on the basics for some time but to progress even further, you need to add in more isolation over time, unless you had the some of the best leverages.

• Also keep in mind that when you do become an intermediate, the flat and incline barbell bench press maybe not be the best pec stimulators. I have found that I have gotten far better results with:
    Flat and decline dumbbell press
    Hammer Strength flat and incline press machines
    Cable and dumbbell flies at all angles
    Smith machine or barbell presses to the neck (a favorite of Larry Scott and Vince Gironda)
    But this is because my triceps overpower my pecs in barbell exercises.

• You might even see better pec growth when you bring your traps, rhomboids, hams, glutes, and lats up to par. When I really started to focus on bringing up the mass in these areas, my chest pressing exercises shot up! You will never see a top bencher with mass lacking in these areas.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
Scott M wrote:

Figure out a plan to get your strength up one basic exercises FAST and consistently and learn to put fork from north to south to see overall growth.

I am in agreement with Scott and others here.

Your problem is not your lack of chest mass. Your whole body needs more mass. I like some of Dave Tate’s simply advice for skinny newbies.

• You should get to a point where you can’t feel bone throughout your legs, shoulders, arms, and pecs. If you feel bone, you are underweight.

• You shouldn’t do isolation exercises if you can’t even flex each muscle individually and have poor muscle control (he said "you know, that stupid thing where you make your pecs shake). You should be able to do a lat spread and know how to flex your hamstrings before you do isolation exercises, I believe. You hardly have anything to work with for now.

• And despite the fact that a lot of bodybuilders who are more advanced than you on this board denounce TBT, I still think you are in the stage where a TBT routine or upper-lower split will be better than a true split. Like CT said, that high frequency makes a newbie “learn” to use his muscles. And to progress size wise, you have to first progress neurally. I made my biggest newbie gains on a TBT Bill Starr 5 x 5 routine. Not the greatest routine, but it got my squat, bench, overhead press, and deadlift up fast as a newbie!

• Now, I don’t think you need to reach 365 x 12 on the incline bench before you start adding isolation work. I actually think you won’t reach that advanced number WITHOUT isolation work (ie: more tricep extensions and lateral raises added to your routine as you progress). You can progress just on the basics for some time but to progress even further, you need to add in more isolation over time, unless you had the some of the best leverages.

• Also keep in mind that when you do become an intermediate, the flat and incline barbell bench press maybe not be the best pec stimulators. I have found that I have gotten far better results with:
    Flat and decline dumbbell press
    Hammer Strength flat and incline press machines
    Cable and dumbbell flies at all angles
    Smith machine or barbell presses to the neck (a favorite of Larry Scott and Vince Gironda)
    But this is because my triceps overpower my pecs in barbell exercises.

• You might even see better pec growth when you bring your traps, rhomboids, hams, glutes, and lats up to par. When I really started to focus on bringing up the mass in these areas, my chest pressing exercises shot up! You will never see a top bencher with mass lacking in these areas.

[/quote]

thnx a lot man

Ill continue eatin and doin wat im doin. no isolation exercises