How to Build Back of Deltoid Muscle?

When looking in the mirror straight on my deltoids look round like they should.

But when i turn to the side and look in the mirror, the back portion on my deltoids seem to look more flat, and seem to be lacking.

Is there a way to build the back portion of the deltoids? or is it just how they are???

[quote]wildfirepb wrote:
When looking in the mirror straight on my deltoids look round like they should.

But when i turn to the side and look in the mirror, the back portion on my deltoids seem to look more flat, and seem to be lacking.

Is there a way to build the back portion of the deltoids? or is it just how they are?[/quote]

Pull/Chin Ups, any kind of row, face pulls

Try a lying reverse dumbell fly.
In other words, lie on your chest on a bench and fly the dumbells from the ground up as high as they go (arms to your sides, not in front of your face). get it?
dan

[quote]LiarPantsOnFire wrote:
Try a lying reverse dumbell fly.
In other words, lie on your chest on a bench and fly the dumbells from the ground up as high as they go (arms to your sides, not in front of your face). get it?
dan[/quote]

And to make sure you’re getting a full contraction in don’t you dare swing them up. If you can pause half the way up with no problem then you’re probably using an ideal weight.

In addition, elbow-out DB rows.

Good answers here. You don’t have to settle for under developed rear delts.

Some other options worth considering:
1 1/4 reps with rear DB laterals or rear delt machine.
Supersetting a rear delt isolation movement after pull-ups or rowing.
Train rear delts on shoulder day AND back day.
Making sure your scapula are retracted before you move your arms back to minimize the involvement of the traps.