How to Become a Macro Coach?

Wondering what it takes to start macro coaching, do you have to get any typer of cert like personal training to start coaching?? Any info helps, thanks

[quote]Antrod715 wrote:
Wondering what it takes to start macro coaching, do you have to get any typer of cert like personal training to start coaching?? Any info helps, thanks[/quote]

No. ANYONE can call themselves a nutritionist in most states. It takes no formal education or certification. All you have to know is how to design diets and get results. And most guy with nutrition certifications were already writing diets before they got them.

I am a registered dietitian with degrees in nutrition, which is a different story. So long as you do not intend to or pretend to reat any medical conditions (eg, morbid obesity, diabetes, renal disease, post-bariatric surgery, pregnancy, anorexia and bulimia, or anything that has to do with nutrient-medication interactions), you can pull it off.

If you are gonna go for a cert. I recommend John Berardi’s Precision Nutrition or the ISSN’s sports nutr. certification (this one requires a science or life sciences degree). Both companies have solid staff (Registered dietitians included) that designed the material. One of the co-founders of ISSN was one of my professors, and he was awesome.

Appreciate it man! Ill look into the certs, this is the most info Ive gotten yet. Done a lot of research and couldnt exactly find out what had to be done to start coaching. Thanks!

[quote]Antrod715 wrote:
Appreciate it man! Ill look into the certs, this is the most info Ive gotten yet. Done a lot of research and couldnt exactly find out what had to be done to start coaching. Thanks![/quote]

What state are you in?

Im in Az

[quote]Antrod715 wrote:
Im in Az[/quote]

Alright. I think you should be good in that state giving nutrition catching. I think there are one or two states that are cracking down on non-RD’s giving nutrition coaching, which, even as an RD myself, I think is a bit overblown, so long as the coach stays away from medical disorders to be treated with nutrition (eg, renal disease, diabetes, morbid obesity, anorexia, etc.).

Say in your disclaimer you’re not an RD or MD and you do not offer healthcare or medical advice.