T Nation

How to Beat Anderson Silva

install steel plates over the jaw and screw in your jaws with titanium alloy screws.

oil your body head to toe.

have a partner stab silva 2 hours prior to fight

baseball bat to the head just in case

Nah, flying heel hooks work pretty damn good.

Dan Henderson was doing it in the first round of their fight.

Unfortunately he abandoned that gameplan in the second round.

Get Melvin Manhoef a ground game… thats how.

[quote]Damici wrote:
Dan Henderson was doing it in the first round of their fight.

Unfortunately he abandoned that gameplan in the second round.[/quote]

bull fucking shit lol… after eating a few jabs for the first 2min as he REFUSED to engage, he took him down, sure, then layed on top of him and gave him a noogie for about 3min. Literally. He covered his mouth, and used the same action you use when you do curls to hit him in the head. Fucking worthless except that he had superior position. Henderson wasn’t doing a FUCKING THING. I want to know where this rumor started that he was “winning the first round”. Sure I can see your point that technically he was ahead on points… he scored a takedown, and had top position. But the insinuation is that he was whooping anderson’s ass. Oh no, oh hell no, he stalled for 3min. That shit would have gotten stood up so fast in pride (WITH a yellow card).

Watch it for yourself again:

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/dan%2Bhenderson%2Banderson/video/x4m6hb_anderson-silva-vs-dan-henderson_sport

UFC let that shit go on so long because they wanted hendo for champ. How much other shit do they stand up damn near right away?

BTW… hendo DID try his same gameplan again… watch the fight the only difference is that Silva STOPPED his takedown attempts and then was in a world of pain. Hendo can talk all the shit he wants about “just didn’t execute my gameplan” the tape doesn’t lie… it looked exactly like the first round except he couldn’t get a takedown (so he could dry hump silva)

Xen, you are correct. I think Manhoef would lose too, even in a standup battle though, because of Anderson’s reach and accuracy. Melvin would have to take so much to get close and Anderson is plenty good and experienced enough defensively to avoid damage long enough to end it.

A rematch with Okami would be nice…but I think he’ll get destroyed…legally this time.

Personally…the only person I can see giving him a challenge is GSP. WHO else is there??

You need someone who can impose their will on Silva…something we have not seen. Someone with excellent movement…footwork…stronger “base”…and well rounded with good hand speed/accuracy. Who fits that??

Also…is he staying at 205lbs??

The only way for Silva to be beaten is in one of those infinitely different universes in which the Anti-Silva was created in a tank from the spliced DNA of Fedor, Chuck Norris (from his period where he did that movie about the Frankenstein Redneck Psycho Killer), and the Undertaker.

[quote]Vash wrote:
…, and the Undertaker.[/quote]

lmao

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
A rematch with Okami would be nice…but I think he’ll get destroyed…legally this time.

Personally…the only person I can see giving him a challenge is GSP. WHO else is there??

You need someone who can impose their will on Silva…something we have not seen. Someone with excellent movement…footwork…stronger “base”…and well rounded with good hand speed/accuracy. Who fits that??

Also…is he staying at 205lbs??[/quote]

i dunno if i would wanna see gsp vs silva

it would be one helluva matchup… but i wouldnt wanna see either of them lose… yet.

both of them are in their prime… it would be a travesty to have one lose and bust their streak.

id rather see gsp vs bjpenn…

Get Ryo Chonan to pull another flying scissor heel hook.

You don’t have to make it complicated. Just put him in the ring with Fedor and he would loose badly.

[quote]danew wrote:
Xen, you are correct. I think Manhoef would lose too, even in a standup battle though, because of Anderson’s reach and accuracy. Melvin would have to take so much to get close and Anderson is plenty good and experienced enough defensively to avoid damage long enough to end it.[/quote]

He took everything Remy Bonjasky had to offer and then some in K-1
I think he could stand with silva a lot better than he’s given credit for. I’d put more money on him getting subbed in the first couple of minutes than I would him getting knocked out or even handled on the feet at ALL.

That said, Xenomorph could beat Anderson Silva

Maybe.

I think Frank Mir had it right Fedor is pound for pound not as good as other champs. Put Urijah Faber, Kid Yama, BJ, GSP, Silva and Torres with their skills at 155 against a Fedor that’s 155 they all win.

[quote]drewh wrote:
I think Frank Mir had it right Fedor is pound for pound not as good as other champs. Put Urijah Faber, Kid Yama, BJ, GSP, Silva and Torres with their skills at 155 against a Fedor that’s 155 they all win. [/quote]

Frank Mir is fucking retarded then. You could tie both of Fedor’s hands behind his back, and blindfold him and he would still beat all those guys at the same time.

I’m not arguing the fact that there are fighters technically superior to Fedor, there are many of them(CroCop was a much better striker, Big Nog can’t pull chokes out of his ass at will, Coleman is a better wrestler, etc). But Fedor wins by making you fight HIS fight, not yours, and he does that better than anyone else in MMA period. That’s why he is unlikely to be beaten any time soon.

Anderson is indeed a great champion, but he has shown kinks in his armor. A very weak and washed out Travis Lutter took him down at will for 2 rounds and had Anderson in legitimate trouble (mounted) before finally getting caught in a triangle.

Anderson won that fight and deserves credit for it. But had Lutter actually had some conditioning he may have been able to pull off an upset. Regardless, he showed that Anderson is suseptible to being taken down and could be beaten there (in fact that’s really the only place he has been beaten before).

Either that or someone who could outstrike him and take him out of his game. Or at least understood how to strategically nullify his advantages.

Now as to the question of who could actually pull that off, I really don’t see anyone in the MW division doing it.

i really dont see many fighters at 205lbs that would be able to take silva either…

[quote]ZeusNathan wrote:
i really dont see many fighters at 205lbs that would be able to take silva either… [/quote]

I don’t know. Silva looked very good against Irvin, but we’ve yet to see him against any top ten LHW’s.

The guy still looked fast, still is extremely accurate, and even for a LHW still has long limbs. So I’m not saying that you’re necessarily wrong.

I just don’t know how well he will hang against naturally bigger, stronger, and equally athletic opponents.

I want to see him fight some top level competition at 205 (Chuck, Rampage, Shogun, Wandy, etc…) before I go crowning him unbeatable at that weight class.

What I would really love to see is to have Cro Cop cut down to 205 and fight Anderson at that weight. Now that would be a great fight IMO.

[quote]molnes wrote:
You don’t have to make it complicated. Just put him in the ring with Fedor and he would loose badly.[/quote]

Loose badly huh? Spelling mistake aside I believe Fedor would win but I don’t see him demolishing his way through Anderson like he did with Timmy.

GSP vs. Anderson = GSP getting humiliated. GSP doesn’t have good enough stand-up for BJ so it isn’t even going to come close to helping him out against Silva. GSP probably has better wrestling and thats about it. Silva is bigger, stronger, better range and more talented than GSP. Thats saying something since GSP isn’t some fucking pushover.

Personally, only way I think you could be Silva is pay him to take a dive.