How to Ask People What They're Training?

How to ask someone which body part they’re working out?
Can I say- ‘What are you working?’
And to reply can I say- ‘I’m working triceps today’

1 Like

Yes.

5 Likes

What do you hope they say in return to you telling them you’re working triceps?

2 Likes

Things like:

Same here.
Awesome!
Wanna workout together?
I’m working chest.
Didn’t you work triceps just yesterday?

1 Like

This conversation would make me consider changing gyms. Or taking up zumba instead.

1 Like

Lol. What do you talk about at the gym?

I don’t, generally.

Although I’ve been known to spend a solid 5 mins saying “fuck” after a big set of squats

3 Likes

you’re asking how to initiate basic communication with another human being. My 5 year old son knows how to do this.

You should probably spend less time on the internet. People who interact in the real world regularly don’t really have a reason to ask strangers on the internet about such things.

15 Likes

LOL, I took my 4 year old to a playground today. He runs up to some kids playing tag.
“Hey, what’re you guys doing?”
“Playing tag”
“Can I play?”
“TAG, you’re it!”
1.5 hours of running and screaming ensues.

I’ll have to tell him he has to go online and ask people how to do that in the future.

7 Likes

Best bet is to wait for the hottest chick in the gym to be using the leg spreader/closer machine… make eye contact and ask what body part she is training. Works like a charm!

4 Likes

With all due respect, I don’t think you have any friends who’s first language isn’t English or you know a second language for that matter.
I might be mistaken but most people who know a second language know how the easiest of things can seem difficult at times.

The Spreader/closer actually has a name and it’s less awkward and creepy if you refer to equipment by the proper name. It’s more professional. The “spreader/closer” is called Good Girl/Bad Girl

1 Like

Hey, if you’re still struggling with English just relax about it because it can actually make socializing easier. People want to be helpful. If you’re European the accent will even help you with the US chicks.

1 Like

You could mention that you don’t speak English as a first language, or very well, and that “in English, is it proper to say…”, because nobody knew this was a language barrier problem, only that it was an interpersonal communication problem. Context helps.

1 Like

I’ll keep that in mind next time.

OP, do you work triceps every day

1 Like

A 7 day a week triceps only program would be a sick way to meet bros, catch everybody on their respective pipe days, amirite?

1 Like

Makes sense if you think about it. Tricep has 3 heads. You can work 1 head on 1 arm for 1 day. That allows you 6 days of training, with a 7th day option for curls.

2 Likes

If one of the three heads is lagging, you can work it again on the seventh day. More frequency more gains bruh

Or Day 7 is an all-6-heads day, full body for tris

1 Like