How to Approach My Dr?

Matser_P, I will post my thyroid hormones after my next doc appt. My testes basically ache sometimes and some sharp pain as well. I attribute it to my vasectomy. I don’t remember having an ache there before that. But maybe I was looking for something wrong that was about 4 years ago. I had an MRI about 5 years ago because of migraines, it was with contrast. I am unsure who read it. I want to get straight to the pointwith the doctor but some doctors are quick to dismiss stuff that comes from the internet.

I will use a slow approach but my wife will be there to help me as my memory is poor at best. Finally, I hope like you I could stop taking an SSRI and maybe some Valium too. I am hoping it will help with my anxiety issues. I know it helped with depression for the few days it worked but I am unsure about the anxiety. It didn’t hurt it any so worse case scenario im less depressed. Thanks for your reply

Saw my new doctor yeaturday, He was pompus to say the least and new nothing about TRT, but tried to act like it. I recieved my first shot of Testosterone cyp 200mg. and go back in two week s for a blood test/shot? I showed him the protocol but he blew it off. almost acted like I was a drug seeker or the low T was all in my head even though it is well documented several times.

I felt a rush after the shot, which felt strange and I seemed happier. I am not sure if that is a placebo affect or it is actually working. I woke up with a morning erection, that can’t be a placebp affect, it never happens. So how long until the cyp starts fully working? I had 6 vials full of blood drawn for test. I will post those when I get them. I really am just curious as to when it will start working? thank you

My total T came back 155 about 30 minutes after the shot. I still don’t have my test to post, but said all other labs were normal? Not even sure what he tested. How long will it take for the Tcyp to Fully kick in. I thought I felt it within an Hour, but my friend who is on TRT said it was in my head and it would be 3-4 days. Will you guys please tell me how long this stuff takes to work and stabalize? Please anyone who can answer this respond… Thanks, Nick

There are some direct effects on the central nervous system [CNS]. Those are not major. Other effects take time as physical changes are occurring starting with altered gene expression. Note that elevated E2 can negate a substantial amount of those changes.

Not sweating and “And I have bent needles with just my skin, Maybe its too thick”: This may be problem. This could be an auto-immune disease.

related?

With thickened skin, I would not be surprised by an abnormally low amount of transdermal T absorption and perhaps an abnormal amount of T–>E2 aromatization in the skin.

Reading the stickies is the best thing that you can do as the strong contributors became exhausted explaining everything over and over again to the next new guy’s thread. A lot of effort went into the stickies and that is the best knowledge transfer that you are going to get.

Please get copies of your labs and post complete with lab ranges.

Ok, Thank you, I will take another look at the stickies. I just read the new guys sticky and the protocol sticky. I will check them out. If my question is not answered I will come back with it. Thank you.

When will the 200mgs T cyp start working? How long until I feel the affects of the first shot? How long until I reach a steady state? I read hundreds of post to the stickies and can not see it. Simple questions? I know but I cant find them. I will work on getting the protocol but it is hard. Thanks

I wish PM’s were working. That makes me so disconnected. I may have to migrate somewhere else. I often make some very good diagnostics. But this should be via PM and nor for all to see. I can be blunt about what I think that I see, but cannot do that in open forums.

The above has no particular application to this thread, just a rant.

I have been MIA for quite some time. I guess that I have been struggling with the self imposed burdens of what I do here. I cannot do compressive work in all threads and need to direct to stickies for self preservation. Maybe I am a fool. But (: tm) endocrinology is still my hobby.

I can see and understand that you have been avid in helping others with their struggles. Maybe you see it is a rant? It really wasn’t. If there was a search option on this site where I could find where everyone else asked these questions I would not be asking the questions. I searched through alot of post some you would consider a rant or irrelevent and could not find an answer to my question.

I do a google search and get mixed answers. The stickies contain very good information about the protocol, test, new guy information, and damaging hormones, but in all honesty it doesn’t answer my questions. Within a Day of using androgel I could tell it was working with huge differences in all areas pertaining to Low T, Obviuously that quit and I had to start the injections.

I want to get on the protocol, but it is looking like they might just do 200mgs every 2 weeks. Im not even sure if/when I can bring it home. I don’t want to go to my doctor and say im getting some benifits, which I am but they are not significant and then have him say well lets just stop it then. He is a ****. I go through crislers D.O. protocol which is basically the same but it still doesn’t answer my questions.

I just want some personal experiances. If it is a rant so be it. Simple questions for guys that have been doing it for alot longer than I have. Thanks for your input and value any information you or anyone else could give me about the questions above. Thanks Note: I could start a new thread but the stickes say not to. So I named it Wrong and stick with it because I don’t want to push anyone else back.

To address your question:

It can take a few weeks for gene expression changes to filter down to quality of life changes. And that is perceptive and there can be underlying problems that limit the result. There is a transient effect that comes and goes, much of that is determined by E2 and E2 management. E2 control is mission critical and docs are mostly clueless.

Part of your response is changes to how your brain works. During this time of change, a positive mental attitude can help shape where your head is at later on. It is thought that the onset of TRT can create increases in dopamine. But that is mostly transient.

Many have problems with transdermals. Cannot absorb, absorb then that stops, high E2 response etc. This is never easy and not only does one need to change the T delivery system, the doctor needs to be changeable too. We have seen docs keep increasing the transdermal dose out of ignorance about such problems.

You really need to take over injecting. You cannot get to where you need to go that way.

Thank you, I will see what I can do with (Taking over my injecting). Thanks for the time frame days 2-3 I felt like there was something happening, but now on day 5 I feel as bad as I did before. I mean it’s the first shot I wasn’t expecting miracles. I will report back when I get more labs or if something changes.