How the Hell Do You Get Anything Done?

If you eat all the time?

I know about cooking a lot of meals at once and shit, but just eating and sitting there for a few minutes so i dont throw up when i move is an evolution.

I feel like I eat, sit down and do work for an hour and half…start getting hungry, quickly run through what my current options are for food and then im either

a) heating up food i already made

b) making a lot of food to eat and some for tupperware

c) driving to subway, chipotle, or various pizza places.

Then I sit down and work…the process repeats.

If I eat a whole pizza im good for 3-4 hours. so im pretty productive during that time (minus the slow movements).

Discuss.

Shake, 5 seconds to drink; good for 2-3 hours depending on how many calories I need to shove in my face that day.

And eat a ton of veggies at breakfast and dinner so I don’t need to bother with them during the day, and can just use some Superfood.

Suck it up and do it.

First morning cardio, and occasionally don’t eat much food in the morning until you get really really hungry (do this on an off-day), then stuff your face with a semi-clean and very tasty huge meal!

You can’t eat and do something else at the same time?

Maybe you should take up darts.

[quote]SSC wrote:
Suck it up and do it.[/quote]

this

everyone else does, why cant you?

[quote]admbaum wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:

this

everyone else does, why cant you?[/quote]

I can.

I suppose I worded it a bit wrong. I was just curious what some of you guys do to eat a shit load of food and still manage to get a lot done in a day.

And no I can’t eat and work. I’m a student. I have to write a lot of shit, and i dont want to get food all over my books.

Don’t get all pissy and just say suck it up and do it…I am doing it. Just wanted to see if anyone else felt the same way. shit.

[quote]i work out wrote:

[quote]admbaum wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:

this

everyone else does, why cant you?[/quote]

I can.

I suppose I worded it a bit wrong. I was just curious what some of you guys do to eat a shit load of food and still manage to get a lot done in a day.

And no I can’t eat and work. I’m a student. I have to write a lot of shit, and i dont want to get food all over my books.

Don’t get all pissy and just say suck it up and do it…I am doing it. Just wanted to see if anyone else felt the same way. shit.[/quote]
Cook up a shitload of steaks at the beginning of the week, bake up some sweet potatoes, rice, beans or what have you. When you’re hungry go to your fridge, throw some on a plate, microwave it up, and stuff it down. Shouldn’t take more than 20 minutes out of your day.
Other than that blend shit up. That’s a really quick option.

Back before I got into lifting heavy things, I did the V-Diet.

I was amazed at how much extra time I had during the day when all I was consuming was 3 minute shakes. I literally was sitting around bored trying to figure out what to do with all this time I had found.

Try cooking meals that don’t require much silverware to eat. It takes a lot longer to cut up a steak with a knife/fork than it does to shovel down some beef chili with a spoon. Instead of grilling whole chicken breasts, dice them up and cook them on the stove. Bite-sized pieces are easier and faster to eat.

How big of meals are you eating? Maybe if you ate smaller meals more often you wouldn’t feel sick after eating. Smaller meals take less time to eat as well. I can usually down a meal in 15 min because I keep them fairly small.

Exchange a full meal for a shake.

Yes, initially, eating every 2-3 hours is a pain in the ass. But, when you start lifting heavy and seeing real gains, you’re going to be hungry all the time. You’ll start looking forward to eating your next meal and find more efficient ways of getting your calories in.

I hear ya. I eat like every two or three hours. Its closer to two hours after the workout. I am hungry all the freakin time too.
With me, I work four 10.5 hour shifts, so I eat like half of my meals at work. People are always saying one of two things:
“you’re eating again?” or “you always eat such good food”. I pack a little blue and white Igloo cooler full of food for the night.

Right now I am watching my carbs so its a little easier to eat. Not as much volume of food. When I am not really watching carbs it was a challenge to make myself eat. I sympathize with you. The thing of its we spend an hour or 1.5 hour in the gym, the rest of your progress is going to be sleep and what you eat. Just realize that its all worth it. Get them meals down.

I’m not sure if this is particularly relevant, given that I only eat 3 times a day (taking advantage of University meal plan), but I personally HATE stuffing myself for half an hour (breakfast, lunch) to an hour (dinner) as fast as I can so I can be in and out fast enough to get work done and still grow. I look forward to getting to eat every 2-3 hours meals that’ll take a fraction of the time. Just my 2 cents.

tl;dr. I hate sitting down for an hour of straight stuffing myself 3 times a day, but it’s gotta be done if you want to grow.

tl;dr of tl;dr: suck it up.

3 shakes, 3 meals, 1 BFS (big fuckin spoon)
precut your food too :slight_smile:

The only meal I have trouble with is breakfast, which is odd because I wake up hungry as fuck but then get physically sick after only a few bites, and have to milk the rest of the meal with water. I have no idea why this happens at all but it’s annoying, I should probably just start having a shake to start the day and eat my eggs later. I guess I never paid attention to how long it takes me to eat other meals throughout the day, so must not be that big of an issue.

Pretty unhelpful post but I felt like ranting.

adderall… hahah jk, but seriously, meth.

can relate to this.
I do stuff while I’m eating/cooking.
Ex: right now doing both

I’m kinda wondering the same thing as well. For work,its understandable and manageable. Two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch break for an 8 hour shift at work. That’s 3 meals right there. As for school…Im still trying to figure out what to do. There is no fridge to store food in and I cant leave it in my car because it will go bad. Im sorta banned from the Cafeteria but I think im going to to just buy a cooler and store my food in the car.

[quote]Extremepain wrote:
I hear ya. I eat like every two or three hours. Its closer to two hours after the workout. I am hungry all the freakin time too.
With me, I work four 10.5 hour shifts, so I eat like half of my meals at work. People are always saying one of two things:
“you’re eating again?” or “you always eat such good food”. I pack a little blue and white Igloo cooler full of food for the night.

Right now I am watching my carbs so its a little easier to eat. Not as much volume of food. When I am not really watching carbs it was a challenge to make myself eat. I sympathize with you. The thing of its we spend an hour or 1.5 hour in the gym, the rest of your progress is going to be sleep and what you eat. Just realize that its all worth it. Get them meals down.[/quote]

So how exactly do you bring your meals to work and where do you store them? You probably have a fridge at work but Im asking because semester is going to start soon and I want to try and carry 2-3 meals with me on campus until I get home. If I cook the steaks in the morning and pack em would they still be good to eat cold?

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:
I’m kinda wondering the same thing as well. For work,its understandable and manageable. Two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch break for an 8 hour shift at work. That’s 3 meals right there. As for school…Im still trying to figure out what to do. There is no fridge to store food in and I cant leave it in my car because it will go bad. Im sorta banned from the Cafeteria but I think im going to to just buy a cooler and store my food in the car.[/quote]

Yeah I got the same thing as you, but man those 15min is fuckin tight to get in a lot of food down my throat. It acutllay sucks a lot, but I try my best to get as much food as possible down in those 15 min.

As for suggestions I like making turkey snadhwiches and eating those while driving, it’s about 40g’s of protein for 2 sandwhiches, and they are great.

As well for a snack…get 50g’s of almonds and walnuts…thats 600 calories right there, eat beef jerky or protein shake with it
fulfill more protein and that’s already up to 8-900 cals
its great!