T Nation

How the F**k Does This Work?

So I did this and The guy quessed right where I was.How does this work?

http://video.yahoo.com/network/101149635?v=5949466&l=5218106

He just takes out the ones that you can’t possibly be on given the number of times he’s counted.

yeah you can guess what he’s gonna choose but due to the numbers he calls out, you can never keep your finger there.

yes but you could just keep going back and forth between two or three.

Maybe i’m doing it wrong but i keep going back and forth between two squares and it isn’t working…

I failed, as in ended up on the square…

fml

Funny, I saw the title of this thread and immediately figured that it was about this video without having opened it yet. It’s not that hard to figure out if you have good mathematical/spatial aptitude.

Yeah, it’s all math. He counts to 3 when there are 3 left so that there’s no possible way to get back to where you started from. And he does it every time he counts. He’s basically assuming that you won’t just jump between 2 squares the whole time because the perfect condition to watch it is if no one had said anything about it or how the result would turn out.

[quote]TylerPK4L wrote:
Yeah, it’s all math. He counts to 3 when there are 3 left so that there’s no possible way to get back to where you started from. And he does it every time he counts. He’s basically assuming that you won’t just jump between 2 squares the whole time because the perfect condition to watch it is if no one had said anything about it or how the result would turn out.[/quote]

Even if you do jump between 2 squares the whole time the result is the same.