How Strict To The Programs

On another thread someone posted their workout. So as not to hijack, I’ll post my question here:

The poster’s monday looks like this:

MONDAY (Chest/Tri’s)

Flat DB Bench Press 3x8
Dips 3x8
Incline DB Bench Press 3x8
Close Grip Bench Press 3x8

Does it matter in which order you do your bench presses? Does anyone in the course of their program switch to 4, 1, 3, for example (close, flat, incline) to target different parts of the muscle, while they’re ‘fresh’? Or does
sticking with a program for a certain amount of time mean that you can’t or shouldn’t change even that?

Thanks.

[quote]random*ass wrote:
On another thread someone posted their workout. So as not to hijack, I’ll post my question here:

The poster’s monday looks like this:

MONDAY (Chest/Tri’s)

Flat DB Bench Press 3x8
Dips 3x8
Incline DB Bench Press 3x8
Close Grip Bench Press 3x8

Does it matter in which order you do your bench presses? Does anyone in the course of their program switch to 4, 1, 3, for example (close, flat, incline) to target different parts of the muscle, while they’re ‘fresh’? Or does
sticking with a program for a certain amount of time mean that you can’t or shouldn’t change even that?

Thanks.

[/quote]

I don’t think it really matters too much whether ya do incline or flat bench first,but I’d keep the close grip bench last.

What would be the reason for doing close grip last?

Thanks for replying by the way.

I’d assume he said that because CG’s really wear your tris out. You’re not going to be able to put up as much weight on flat or incline if you have tired triceps.

[quote]magnetnerd wrote:
I’d assume he said that because CG’s really wear your tris out. You’re not going to be able to put up as much weight on flat or incline if you have tired triceps.[/quote]

Aye plus it was always my belief that you target the larger body parts first,back before biceps and so forth.