How Smart Are You? Take This Quick Test

Clearly being ‘smart’ is a relative term to use but for the argument we’ll act like it’s not. Your reading speed combined with your comprehension skills is a great indicator of your intellectual ability. Reading takes a lot of sensory neurons to fire in order to achieve the end goal. How quickly and efficiently they fire will determine your reading speed.

1. Click the link below
    http://www.readingsoft.com/

2. Once ready click ‘start’

3. Immediately being reading the passage below.

4. Once finished click ‘stop’

5. you should then get your words per minute total

6. Afterwards underneath the box that stated your words per minute click ‘comprehension test’ link. This will ask specific questions about what you just read to test your comprehension.

I scored 282 words per minute with 90% comp rate. Which is considered a little above average. Here’s the table

Screen Paper Comprehension Reader profile
100 wpm 110 wpm 50% Insufficient
200 wpm 240 wpm 60% Average reader
300 wpm 400 wpm 80% Good reader
700 wpm 1000 wpm 85% Excellent, accomplished reader

post your results it’d be interesting to see.

I got 478 wpm and 10/11 on the mini-test, but that’s largely because I recognized a couple of the questions from prior knowledge stuff. If i weren’t for that I might have gotten 8/11.

In any case, it’s largely accepted that reading speed and comprehension depends on your familiarity with the subject material. It really has nothing to do with intelligence. I know you wrote “for the sake of argument”, but w.e.

I got 241 WPM & 8/11.

Turns out I’m a slightly faster reader than I thought.

This was more a test of reading memory than comprehension.

I don’t need a test to know I read slower than shit.

8/11
english is my second language

189 wpm - 73%( 8/11).

Not great.

222WPM 10/11 91%

Damn I thought I was reading at 1000

465 WPM. 11/11. At least one of the questions, I was able to figure out the answer without remembering what was written in the text.

I’d agree that this is highly dependent on what you are reading, how familiar you are with the subject, and what level of interest you have towards the subject.

140wpm and 73% 8/11 on the test.

I got the driving one wrong because the I thought it would be in mph not wpm.

I know I’m a slow reader, didn’t realize I was that slow.

777 wpm, 10/11 (91%) on the quiz

Honestly, I thought I was only slightly above average.

I play with it now and again, but this thread: Pumping Iron - Off Topic - Forums - T Nation

Based on the last time I used it, it looks like my reading speed with that tool is 520wpm. I think it does a good job as far as forcing you to keep the eyes and mind focused, if you’re actually going to read every word.

[quote]LoRez wrote:
777 wpm, 10/11 (91%) on the quiz

Honestly, I thought I was only slightly above average.

I play with it now and again, but this thread: Pumping Iron - Off Topic - Forums - T Nation

Based on the last time I used it, it looks like my reading speed with that tool is 520wpm. I think it does a good job as far as forcing you to keep the eyes and mind focused, if you’re actually going to read every word.[/quote]

You don’t have stock in this company do you? I’ve always wanted to increase my reading speed … I feel like I read slower than a 5 year old

[quote]florelius wrote:
189 wpm - 73%( 8/11).

Not great.[/quote]

Considering how I wouldn’t even be able to read your native language, you’re doing just fine lol.

274 wpm and 10/11

1231 wpm 73% “comprehension”

Didn’t read for retention at all. If I actually care about what I’m reading, I go way slower.

342 wpm

11/11

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
1231 wpm 73% “comprehension”

Didn’t read for retention at all. If I actually care about what I’m reading, I go way slower.[/quote]

totally agree. Sometimes even an interesting sentence leads to a long train of thought and contemplation.

301, 9/11

I find the idea of speed reading like running everywhere instead of walking…so i don’t think I’d ever keep it up.

I tend to read fiction like it’s being spoken to me…so going three times faster would be odd.
I find that I can read non-fiction faster. The more I’m interested; the faster I read and the more I retain.

PS: THIS IS MY 11,111TH POST!!!

PPS: Now I don’t want to make any new posts…just keep adding to this one so everything I say will be in this thread for all time.

WPM - 5194
Comprehension - 100%

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:
WPM - 5194
Comprehension - 100%[/quote]

Now we bullshit about not just our bench numbers but our reading speed?