How Should I Get My Fats In? Help Please, High Allergic

Hey guys,

after endless appointments and treatments by over a dozen of doctors, I now know where my health issues and my constant sickness come from. I’m high allergic to dairy, eggs, nuts and seeds. Fuck that!!! I ate tons of peanut butter, eggs and dairy… now I have absolutely no idea how I should hit my daily fat intake!?

I prefer lean cuts of beef/meat and chicken, turkey fish etc. And I don’t fry my food in tons of oil or butter… I think my only option are oils!?

My question is, is it common to put oils like olive oil or coconut oil over my cooked food, after cooking? I never did that!? And how much?

Or how can I get my fats in otherwise? Any ideas and help is much appreciated!!!

Thank you!

Avocados.

3 Likes

It’s pretty easy to drink your oils. Coconut oil in coffee works pretty well. Also mixing olive oil into a shot of orange juice and downing it, or adding it into smoothies.

Yes, at least it is with olive oil. Start with 1T.

Olives are highish fat.

thank you very much for your answers!

so Im definitely not crazy or weird if I put the oils on my meals?

No. I just got this stuff called Colivita limonolio. Its an olive oil with lemon.

I took a plate of cooked pasta, a diced up chicken breast and copiously dashed it with that stuff and some black pepper.

It is awesome.

https://store.colavita.com/colavita-limonolio-8-5-oz-glass.html

2 Likes

Does it matter?

4 Likes

In addition to the aforementioned coconut, olive and avocado, GHEE (or clarified butter) is usually considered to be fine for people with dairy allergies because the milk solids end up being strained off. Also, grass fed beef tallow is very high in monounsaturated, and has an optimal Omega 3 to Omega 6 ratio. There is also red palm oil if you are OK about the politics of the industry. Also, macadamia nuts often don’t affect people with nut allergies. Are you allergic to hemp seeds?

1 Like

hello martdawg,
first, thank you very much for responding to my thread and my questions! I did some research the last couple of days and I also read about ghee and beef tallow.

I´m still confused how I should incoorporate ghee and or beef tallow to my diet. Obviously regardless which fat, if saturated or unsaturated etc., its not a good idea to cook in tons of oil or heat fats in general.

Therefore I´m unsure how to use this saturated fats. Is it common to put ghee or beef tallow to my meals after cooking, it sounds weird and I never did this before!? :slight_smile:

What are your thoughts about ghee and beef tallow healthwise, are they unhealthy because they are saturated. I mean, can I cover my daily fat intake “only” with saturated fats?

I hope you can help me out and share some tipps and recommendations etc.

Thank you very much and I appreciate this!

Ribeye’s + Kerrygold Irish butter (unslated).

*I realize it’s not what you normally do, but it’s delicious and higher in fat.

2 Likes
  1. Saturated fats are fine. They help maintain healthy testosterone levels. They actually can not chemically cause lesions in blood vessels because they don’t rancidify or form harmful oxidative forms. Generally speaking, saturated and monounsaturated fats do not carry oxidative forms that damage blood vessels.

2. GHEE and grass fed tallow are also high in monounsaturated fats, ranging from 25% to 40%. This is the basic component in olive and avocado oils. While saturated fats can briefly reduce insulin sensitivity after a meal, monounsaturated fats increase insulin sensitivity and largely block this effect.

3. GHEE and Tallow are actually good high heat oils because they are about 96% saturated and monounsaturated. Plus Ghee has natural vitamin E which prevents burning. They are also good to add to lightly cooked vegetables afterwards, or even to starches or proteins.

1 Like

Hello Mertdawg,

first, thank you very much for taking your valuable time and such an detailed and long answer! I´m really overwhelmed how much help I get from you, thank you! It seems like you are a nutritionist or someone who study nutrition etc.!?

I don´t wont to bother you and if you don´t mind, I want to ask a few more questions because I have no idea about this nutrition topic, especially on fats. Like I said, I just ate tons of peanut butter, eggs and dairy etc.

I´m one of these victims who think that saturated fats, especially saturated animal fats are a heart attack on a plate. Therefore like I mentioned I ate peanut butter 90% of the time. I don´t know why I think that way, maybe because everybody says that saturated fats are bad and the devil?!?

1. Do you know why everybody is talking about, that saturated fats are clog arteries and why they are bad? And why do you say they do not damage the blood vessels? I´m really confused now!

2. This is something I already know, that saturated fats are safer for cooking than unsaturated or monounsaturated. But I thought that in general, regardless of saturated or unsaturated or monounsaturated, it is never a good idea to heat up fats!? So when I heat up saturated fats they do not convert into transfats like oliveoil etc.?

This is something I don´t understand. Which scenario is better, to reduce insulin sensitivity after a meal or to increase insulin sensitivity and why?

1. I did a little bit of research yesterday and listen to a few podcasts. I always came over “the vertical diet” by Stan Efferding. He says that he only eat saturated fats from the beef, dairy, beef tallow for greasing a pan etc. and he never use peanut butter, olive oil or other oils. Do you think this is really “healthy” to get all the daily fats from saturated fats? Especially animal based saturated fats?

I think you notice that I´m really confused and I hope you can help me out. I´m also willing to pay for your advice!? Let me know and we can talk private to each other!

Thank you very much and I appreciate your help and effort for my situation

Animals that eat their natural diets tend to store energy on their bodies in the form of a mixture of about 60% saturated fat and 30% monounsaturated fat with only a very small amount of polyunsaturated. Long gut animals biochemistry and gut bacteria actually produce an even higher percentage of saturated fat and less polyunsaturated. Why would animals evolve to store a toxic ratio of fats on their bodies? They store a percentage of fats that most closely matches their needs which is predominantly saturated, next monounsatured and small amounts of polyunsaturated.

Peanuts on the other hand contain lots of easily rancidified fatty acids as well as containing large amounts of lectins and being prone to other toxins.

Now regarding saturated fat and heart disease, first off, saturated fats do not contain trans fats. Trans fats are polyunsaturated fats produced from polyunsaturated fats when they are hydrogenated to try to turn them into saturated fats. Some of the polyunsaturated fats end up getting changed into trans polyunsaturated fatty acids.

Polyunsaturated fats can carry oxidative free radicals that burn arterial linings. Generally speaking, the body RAISES cholesterol to heal the damaged linings and cell membrane because they strengthen them. So cholesterol levels often rise, in people who HAVE the beginning of atherosclerosis because the body makes cholesterol as a part of the healing mechanism. Now when people have had a history of atherosclerosis, high saturated fat levels may backfire and end up producing blockages, but blockages are built on lesions caused by other mechanisms that tend to get countered by the body’s cholesterol levels prior to reaching a critical level.

1 Like

Hey Mertdawg,

thank you very much for taking your time to answer my questions! I appreciate your effort and your help. It´s unbelievable how valuable your content and informations are for me but you are way too smart for me. I need some easy and practical statements and advice :blush:

Like I said, I´m very thankful that you taking your valuable time to help me out. Therefore I don´t want to bother you to death and pick your brain for free every day! I have a few last questions and I hope you can help me out for one last time please.

Conclussion and last questions:

• saturated fats regarding heated up or not, they don´t have trans fats in it´s original form and they don´t convert into trans fats when I heat them up?

• saturated fats are „absolutely“ safe and there is no evidance that they clog arteries or give me a heart attack? They are not the root of high cholestoral levels?

• Therefore I can put some butter, ghee, beef tallow or coconut oil to my meals after cooking?

• is it possible to get all my fats from saturated fats when I take fish-oils for my omega-3 or is something like olive-oil or avocado absolutely neccessary? To the point, can I survive and live healthy only with saturated fats? (butter, beef, ghee, coconut oil etc.)

• You said: „While saturated fats can briefly reduce insulin sensitivity after a meal, monounsaturated fats increase insulin sensitivity and largely block this effect“ Which effect is better, to increase insulin sensitivity or to block insulin sensitivity? So which fats are better here? Saturated fats or monounsaturated?

Thank you very much for all your support, help and effort! Your informations are very helpful for me and my new situation!

1. Heating fats do not make trans fats. There are 3 basic categories of fatty acids: Saturated, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated. Trans fats are formed when polyunsaturated fatty acids are hydrogenated. This is a process that uses heat, but heat alone does not cause hydrogenation. Saturated fats never become trans fats. The problem cause by heating is “oxidation” or rancidification of fatty acids. This is where the fatty acids add oxygen atoms which can then cause heart lesions. Saturated fatty acids can’t rancidify. So in reality only polyunsaturated fatty acids form trans fats, and only polyunsaturated fats are prone to rancidification which causes heart lesions.

2. I can’t say that any food is absolutely safe, but I can say that I would trade out polyunsaturated fats for saturated fats 99% of the time, the exception being about 3 grams of omega 3 per day. There does not appear to be a link between the percentage of saturated fat in the diet and heart attacks except possibly slightly for people who have already had a heart attack, and there is no link between the percentage of fat you eat that is saturated and death rates, while there IS a link between the percentage of fat in your diet that is polyunsatured and death rates. More than 4% of calories from polyunsatured fat correlated to lower lifespan at least in rats.

3. You don’t need olive or avocado for the fatty acid content. Butter and Beef fat have the same fats that are present in olive and avocado plus extra saturated fats in a pretty good balance.

4. You want to be insulin sensitive after a meal to prevent a blood sugar spike (although it is complicated), however that is only a problem if you eat saturated fat and fast acting carbs like sugar at the same time.

Fatty bacon and eggs for breakfast

hey mertdawg,

I really appreciate your help and that you sharing all your valuable knowledge for free here! Thats awesome, thank you!

So therefore monounsaturated fats DON´T become trans fats when I heat them up!? I´m confused because everybody talk about that olive oil turns into trans fats or become “unhealthy” when I cook with it over 180 degree Celsius!? And the same with sesame oil or peanut oil!?

I know that for sure, nobody can do this! Now I´m interested how you get your daily fats in? What are your sources and how you use them in your diet?

Now I´m confused again, sorry! You say that Butter and Beef fat are as “healthy” as olive oil or avocado!? Again, why the hell everybody in this whole fitness and healthy lifestyle world recommend lean and extra lean cuts of beef, chicken etc. Is the Beef fat from tallow, Butter or Ghee another fat as from a Ribeye Steak or 80/20 ground beef?

So the goal is always to insulin sensitive, right? So therefore it would be smart to have a sweet potatoe with olive oil and not white rice with a tablespoon of coconut oil (which I doing currently :slight_smile: )!?

Sorry for all my questions. Before I had this problem I just ate food. Right now it´s a little bit tricky and totally confusing for me. I hope you not annoyed from me and I hope you can help me out with all my questions. I never had the opportunity to talk to an expert like you!

Thank you very much for your time and your help

Olive oil does not form trans fats when heated. It has small suspended solids that have health benefits but that get “burned” at high temp. Even olive and tallow have some polyunsaturated fats that can oxidize, but they don’t form trans fats. Trans fats form when polyunsaturated fats are heated in a pure hydrogen environment. This is called hydrogenation. Now it is possible to hydrogenate the polyunsaturated fatty acids in lard (pork has a lot more than beef and butter) but not just by heating or cooking.

People recommend lean meat cause they eat a decent amount of carbs. If you are low carb you swap out some carbs for fat. You don’t want too much of either unless you are doing huge amounts of exercise.

Thanks a lot for your answer again. If you don´t mind and have some passion and time to kill I will be very happy and thankful if you could answer my other questions. Thank you very much for your time and your help