How Old When You Started? Any Regrets?

I have yet to begin my first cycle but am curious about the ones who have.

How old were you when you ran your first cycle?
How old are you now?

Do you have any regrets?
ex:- took them to young,
-took them to late(wish you took them earlier)
-Have low testosterone levels in the latter part of your life (are on/may need TRT).

• Was prone to male pattern baldness, it sped up the results

Good stories can also be shared!
ex- Got shredded as fuark, gave you the physique you always wanted.

• improved the quality of your life tremendously

I have said it many times here that I started way to young and regret it fully now and I am only in my very early 20s. I ran my first cycle of Test 500 and 40mg of Dbol when I was 16 years old for High School Foot Ball. I was uneducated and had no clue what I was doing and just listend to the bigger guys. I didnt PCT for this cycle at all and I never really felt right at all. About 3 months later I did the same cycle and sure enough still no PCT. I never felt the same ever not even close and ahd horrible problems with depression, weight loss, sex drive, you name a negataive side and I probably went through it here.

Once i was 18 I finally told my parents what I did and I went to the doctor and sure enough at 18 years old I had lower test levels than most teen girls. Hahaha seriously. I was put on TRT and have been on sense. I decided fuck it and I wanted to be the best lifter I could be health be damned and since I was going to be on for good any way I figured I might as well just go full force which is why I have the cycles or just constant blasting aome would say now.

If I could go back I would have waited till I was 18 or 19 at a BARE MINIMUM but, in the long run I probably would still be in the same boat I am now.

When I was in high school I did a dbol only cycle if that counts. Thank God I didn’t have any issues because I was stupid and didn’t know what I was doing. I got big and soft but I was strong as fuck. In 4 weeks I gained about 15lbs and all of my lifts went up between 20 and 40lbs each, and that was following 4yrs of powerlifting and lifting for football. I didn’t look all that different two months later and kept the strength gains and some of the bloat with creatine.

Still wish I could go back in time and talk myself out of it, because it was a stupid move and it’s impossible for me to say whether it had long term effects or if I’m just getting older. I’m only 29 but already I feel like I don’t recover as quickly as I used to, my dick isn’t as lively as it used to be, and it’s a lot harder to lose bodyfat these days. People tell me I must have real high test levels because of my male pattern baldness, but I’m not sure that’s the case. Definitely getting tested before I cycle again.

I have almost the exact story as reed, except I was 18, ran test, tren and mast blend because its what was suggested.

Don’t listen to anyone, do your own research is the lesson here.

I was 19 and a half. Long story short, I ran 3 3week cycles in about a year. Last summer in July, I hoped on and haven’t got off, don’t even plan to. Just like Reed, I might be young (21 years old), but I want to be the strongest I can be.

EDIT: The only thing I regret is coming off from my first cycle. Damn, I would 10 pounds heavier now and probably squatting mid-7.

Hi ShredzONdeck,

From what I see the most guys say to start at 25-26.

I only did one cycle at age 22, I am now 23. I did a lot of research before I started though. I did a beginner cycle, with HCG and proper PCT.

I gained 26 lbs and kept 22lbs after PCT. I do not regret this at all. I could’ve waited till I was 24-25, but that was to long for me to wait. I do think I was to young at the time, but I don’t regret it and atleast I did everything properly.

Did my first cycle at age 25, did what I thought at the time was plenty of research - in hindsight, I really didn’t know what I was doing. Cycle was only 5-6 weeks long (forget exactly, it was in 99). I was coming off vacation and signing up for my second MMA fight.

It was in Guam, and we were fighting under Japanese rules so 189 and above was heavyweight. I didn’t want to cut, so I was fighting heavy. I was being told my opponent was 240, and not wanting to give up too much weight I decided to gain weight during my fight prep (great idea, right? Would have done better if I had stayed natural and trained my ass off)

In 5-6 weeks I ramped up to a peak of 1000mg Sustanon and 600mg Deca per week, in one big injection. I had gold balls in my ass weeks after coming off. AIs were unheard of back then, aside from Nolvadex (and no, I didn’t use that either). No PCT either. Gained 20+ pounds, big and smooth with horrible bacne - someone commented it looked like I’d been hit with a cactus.

Had absolutely no gas for the fight, and was completely worn out about 30-40 seconds before the end of round 2(only 2 rounds). Luckily my opponent was too, but he still won the decision.

Not sure how I managed to not completely screw up my test production, but my guess is the blend of long and short esters in the Sustanon basically formed a sort of taper. Didn’t keep any of the weight, and hard to say how much strength I actually gained since I was training for fight endurance.

So, yes, I regret doing this one when and how I did. Should have stayed natural, eaten like a horse and trained my ass off. At 209 I only ended up giving up about 10 pounds (opponent apparently lost weight during fight prep). Ah, youth.

Oh yeah, and I used what I had because it was cycle leftovers given to me by friends.

I did my first cycle when I was 27. I read a lot on the internet forums beforehand, and I’d already been lifting for 12 years at that point. The first cycle felt great: I added 22 lbs and got a lot stronger. Unfortunately, some of the 22 lbs was fat, and I lost muscle while I was cutting it (post pct). By the time 4 months had elapsed I was up 10 lean lbs. In hindsight, I would have kept my on cycle diet at 50% protein and very low carbs, but I guess I got carried with gaining strength. No big deal though, it was a lot of fun, and many more cycles followed.