How Often To Change My Workout?

As the title, how long should I do a workout (I’m going to do a 5 dayer workout) for until I change it for a new one.

Should I just wait till my weight plateus (body adapts). Then change it to something else to promote growth again.

I heard it was about 5 weeks? Anyone…

If the program is working for you, why change? Unless you stop seeing gains or you get bored with you current workout theres really no reason to switch. But, as soon as you do stop seeing gains theres also no reason to continue.

Try varying the set/rep scheme as well as the exercises and you’ll be able to stick with the same program for quite a while.

The 5 weeks you heard was just an estimate, everyones different and you may adapt faster or slower depending on your body. As for the time you should stick with he same thing, well no one can give you an exact measurement. Just switch when you stop seeing gains, until then theres no need to do something different if you’re seeing results.

There really is no one size fits all answer to this (or really any) question. Although, I’d probably suggest changing a program when it stops producing noticeable results (or when results plateau).

Now, how long that will actually take is a very individual thing. Some people might be able to stick to a given routine for years at a time and still make progress. Others might have to change things up every 3-4 weeks.

Another thing to take into account is that some routines aren’t meant to be done long term, while others lend themselves better to the long term. Personally, the more demanding a routine is on my CNS, the shorter I’ll be able to continue doing it before burning out.

As you get more experienced you’ll probably be able to tell when it’s time to change routines. But, only time and experience will give you that internal awareness. I (nor anyone else) can give that to you via an internet forum.

One last thing to consider is that “changing” a routine could be as simple as changing set/rep schemes, exercises, or workout format (changing exercise order, pairing different exercises together, adding “intensity” techniques, etc…). It doesn’t necessarily have to be a complete overhaul of the program.

Hope this helps.

Sentoguy

Just monitor your gains. Once the gains stop or slow down significantly its time to change it up. This could be 3 months or it could be a year, no real way to know other than listening to your body. I know guys that follow the same routine all year and make huge gains and others that have to switch things up every month or so.

Thanks, thats more than I needed to know. Now I really should start to log my progress.

Keep with a program until you are no longer seeing the results you should be and then change. This is one reason why record keeping is important