How Often Should I Squat?

umm…daily

How often should I poop?

I totally agree with KingMike. I have steadily increased my squat weight to 1.5x bw=275lbs 3x per week. T Dawg diet with frequent carb ups. I have gained 20lbs and still as ripped. Yes I ‘was’ a twig. (I need to post new pics, my bad) I am now much more rugged and much more dense. I am strong as hell lifting more lbs than most in my gym. check out stronglifts.com 5x5 routine.

[quote]wicked08 wrote:
umm…daily[/quote]

WRONG

[quote]Fulmen wrote:
FightingScott wrote:
Fulmen wrote:
You’re a toothpick. How about once a week, but really fuckin’ heavy?

That mentality will work for smaller muscle groups like Arms, Shoulders, and Chest but the Legs, Back, Traps, Calves, and Abs need more frequency than once a week. You could conceivably squat only once a week but there should be another day of the week where you’re doing Lunges, RDLs, Sled Dragging, or something else that involves the legs and lets you use respectable weight.

Disagreed.[/quote]

I disagree, also. Once a week is more than enough to do leg work. I have times I do legs twice a week to split up some of the work load, but once a week, while eating properly, is enough. In fact, I’d have to question just how hard you’re working your legs if you can do them twice a week with any intensity.

A lot of you guys use a 7-day week split out of convenience, but try to remember, your muscles don’t recognize “weeks.”

[quote]Revo09 wrote:
In fact, I’d have to question just how hard you’re working your legs if you can do them twice a week with any intensity. [/quote]

If your legs aren’t sore for 2-3 days, then you’re fucking off in the gym in my opinion.

[quote]Fulmen wrote:
Revo09 wrote:
In fact, I’d have to question just how hard you’re working your legs if you can do them twice a week with any intensity.

If your legs aren’t sore for 2-3 days, then you’re fucking off in the gym in my opinion.[/quote]

Maybe that should be the case for the first couple of weeks that you’re getting acclimated to the new training regiment. Leg workouts need to be taxing enough that if you made the mistake of trying to Squat 48 hours later you’d be weaker, but you don’t necessarily need to feel sore while your body is still in recovery.

[quote]Trenchant wrote:
You might want to look up Stripped Down Hypertrophy which has you squatting up to 3x a week w/ different rep schemes. [/quote]

Um…I think that is five times a week.

[quote]funshine wrote:
From the Hungarian oak leg blast the best way to workout legs is to have multiple frequency not just 3x10. Eat more to gain more weight and continue to lift heavy.[/quote]

That article was about a mythical athlete with no name that described his alleged workout to a friend of the authors.

[quote]schultzie wrote:
do one day high reps, (10 - 15), and another day low (4-6). problem solved[/quote]

I agree. Mass and strength. 4 or 5 sets.

Every session add 2.5kg or 5lb.

And the weight should scare you.

And eat a lot, otherwise it’ll be a waste of time. 300 to 500 kcal above maintenance.

What are you goals? If its just strength, then you can eat at maintenance and see good results. Personally right now I’m cutting on the AD for another 2 weeks eating around 2100 calories on training days and I’m adding 5lbs to my squat per workout for 3 sets of 5.

Right now I’m sitting at 290 and I imagine my progress will slow down eventually, but even though I rarely get sore anymore from workout to workout, my numbers are still moving up - if its broke don’t fix it!

yeah i think that you should try every other day so like 3-4 times a week but you shouldnt lift legs if there not fully recovered from the last lift.
sore=no squat

[quote]skibengal05 wrote:
I think squatting every time is great as well (one day rest in between, at least). I personally do 5x5 routine 3x week. Most effective routine I have ever done. Lost 20lbs quick and I have gotten stronger than ever. [/quote]

i agree…