weighted pull ups 3x5
sit ups

and

work out B
deadlift 3x5
press 3x5
weighted pull ups 3x5
sit ups

im considering putting band pull aparts into my routine but dont know how many reps/sets/how often to do them. and also would doing weighted pull ups and band pull aparts be an okay supplement for barbell rows in terms of “evening out” the bench press ? or should i do barbell rows instead of pull ups on workout A and still do band pull aparts ?

thank you for any input or help…

I’d do barbell rows in workout A, weighted pull-ups in workout B. And band pull-aparts for 4-8 sets of 15-20 on off days. I like the behind neck band pull-aparts quite a bit and some weeks I’ll do about 25 sets of those, really keeps my shoulders feeling good.

I think it depends upon how intense you do them. I used to have my athletes do them for shoulder injuries. They would use theraband, which I’m sure you realize is way less intense than bands. With shoulder rehab it would be more about technique and volume, so my guys would do them every day to every other day. If it is an intense resistance I would treat it like other assistance exercise.

thanks guys

mrodock, which variation of the barbell row should i do ?

hanging ?
pendlay ?
etc.

thanks again

Pendlay, strict and dynamic as possible

I could have never imagined someone would put so much thought into putting band pull-aparts into their program.

Band Pull-Aparts can be done as often as you like, within reason of course. They’re relatively low impact and have a very positive affect on shoulder health.

Weighted Pull-Ups are great but I’d look at including another horizontal pulling movement.

cheers guys and sorry crashcrew for being cautious, precise and trying to improve my training :wink:

[quote]crashcrew56 wrote:
I could have never imagined someone would put so much thought into putting band pull-aparts into their program.[/quote]

This.

[quote]dicko wrote:
cheers guys and sorry crashcrew for being cautious, precise and trying to improve my training ;)[/quote]

You take a band and you pull it apart, it’s not a very taxing exercise whatsoever. Trust me, don’t over-think your training, it’s really not that complicated.

[quote]crashcrew56 wrote:

[quote]dicko wrote:
cheers guys and sorry crashcrew for being cautious, precise and trying to improve my training ;)[/quote]

You take a band and you pull it apart, it’s not a very taxing exercise whatsoever. Trust me, don’t over-think your training, it’s really not that complicated.[/quote]

Just get under the fuckin bar and lift it. Dont get so damn crazy on training. Unless your elite, you dont need to get all fancy, and go above and beyond.

I did them every day for about 3 months, and still do them 4 days a week

cheers guys sorry for being a little disrespectful kid i will definitely get under the bar :slight_smile:

[quote]dicko wrote:
cheers guys sorry for being a little disrespectful kid i will definitely get under the bar :)[/quote]

Your not bein disrespectful, your just overthinking your training, thats all. Dave Tate gave me great advice one, he told me, dont think too much, just work your ass off.