How Often Does Someone Squats 720 raw at 160?

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Bullshit. Without a shadow of a doubt.

Sure Hoop did 753 at 165 in full single ply gear at last year’s IPF world champs and he’s one of the best 165’s i nthe world![/quote]

Was, now he’s a top 10 181’er.

[quote]Tim Henriques wrote:
Best raw squat by a 165er in the past year is 615, and it is 500 lbs for the stricter organizations. Single ply it is 777 by Wade who is a lot higher than everybody else, and multi ply it is 815.

So to answer your question 720 raw at 165 is unheard of and BS unless you see it yourself and test the weight.[/quote]

Highest squat at 165 in the IPF this year was Olech, at 783lbs, he also out squatted Hooper at 07’ Worlds if I remember correctly.

“Highest” squat at 165 was of course by Brian Schwab :wink:

[quote]actionjeff wrote:
not even close to parallel [/quote]

you and kickureface have got to be kidding. I’m going to be conservative and say that Schwab is weighting somewhere close to 190 there, just because I’m assuming he cuts weight.

And no, from that angle, it didnt look like the hip crease broke the top of the knee (I’ve seen videos that give that impression when I saw the squat live from a perfect angle and KNOW they broke parallel, but I’ll leave that aside for a moment.)

But we are talking about 1) a guy who just did somewhere close to a double with abotu 3.8, 3.9x bw and 2) cut it an INCH OR TWO high (not a quarter squat) in teh context of 3) gym lifts.

The video was totally irrelevant since he’s geared up, and yes, if it were in a comp and the squat looked as high from the side as it does from there, I’d redlight it if I were judging, but I just dont see how you can watch a video - a TRAINING VIDEO, not a competition that he’s peaked for - and be anything but impressed and instead go “eh, it’s high”

[quote]Power GnP wrote:
Tim Henriques wrote:
Best raw squat by a 165er in the past year is 615, and it is 500 lbs for the stricter organizations. Single ply it is 777 by Wade who is a lot higher than everybody else, and multi ply it is 815.

So to answer your question 720 raw at 165 is unheard of and BS unless you see it yourself and test the weight.

Highest squat at 165 in the IPF this year was Olech, at 783lbs, he also out squatted Hooper at 07’ Worlds if I remember correctly.

“Highest” squat at 165 was of course by Brian Schwab ;)[/quote]

Yeah, I didn’t specificy I was giving American numbers according to PL Watch.com

i didnt know what the vid was posted for. i figured it would follow the context of the thread (bs squatting numbers).

on top of that, i didnt know what the hell straps down meant ( first thing i thought of was wrist straps…lol) but i kinda guessed after hanely’s post that the suit does not help as much strapless.
misinterpretation here

edit- didnt notice his weight. nice shit
but i guess its the angle, looks very high

[quote]KBCThird wrote:
actionjeff wrote:
not even close to parallel

you and kickureface have got to be kidding. I’m going to be conservative and say that Schwab is weighting somewhere close to 190 there, just because I’m assuming he cuts weight.

And no, from that angle, it didnt look like the hip crease broke the top of the knee (I’ve seen videos that give that impression when I saw the squat live from a perfect angle and KNOW they broke parallel, but I’ll leave that aside for a moment.)

But we are talking about 1) a guy who just did somewhere close to a double with abotu 3.8, 3.9x bw and 2) cut it an INCH OR TWO high (not a quarter squat) in teh context of 3) gym lifts.

The video was totally irrelevant since he’s geared up, and yes, if it were in a comp and the squat looked as high from the side as it does from there, I’d redlight it if I were judging, but I just dont see how you can watch a video - a TRAINING VIDEO, not a competition that he’s peaked for - and be anything but impressed and instead go “eh, it’s high”[/quote]

haha, no offense buddy

I thought he cut that squat really high, that’s all.

I am familiar with the lifter in the video and know he’s strong as fuck and certainly respect his strength! I couldn’t even unrack that much weight. It’s an impressive strength feat regardless of making depth.

But I calls em like I sees em!

There’s only a certain amount of exaggeration that’s allowed. I figure a little rounding up never hurts because I don’t test my maxes that often so I’m kinda guessing anyway.

That squat is WAAAAY past the limit.

[quote]KBCThird wrote:
actionjeff wrote:
not even close to parallel

The video was totally irrelevant since he’s geared up, and yes, if it were in a comp and the squat looked as high from the side as it does from there, I’d redlight it if I were judging, but I just dont see how you can watch a video - a TRAINING VIDEO, not a competition that he’s peaked for - and be anything but impressed and instead go “eh, it’s high”[/quote]

That squat was at least 4" high.

This is a MUCH better example of Brian Schwab:

Those are some awesome squats.