How Often Do You Deadlift?

[quote]gmangerm wrote:
yeah they are right you shouldn’t keep going to heavy like me unless you are an elite lifter…

but the reason i go so heavy is because i have been training for a big meet comming up in november i am going for 900+ pull,850+ bench,750-800 squat,2500+ total…

[/quote]

Good luck with your meet. Right now my deadlift has been increasing. When it stalls (which will probably be soon), I will try your percentages.

Thanks,
Claire

My two cents is to not pull so much. It is taxing on the cns and you will build the same muscles using different exercises. Just make sure that you do some grip work because this is hard to imitate.

[quote]Julius_Caesar wrote:
My two cents is to not pull so much. It is taxing on the cns and you will build the same muscles using different exercises. Just make sure that you do some grip work because this is hard to imitate.[/quote]

I do rack pulls for my grip work. I will eventually cut back on my deadlifts but I want to try to deadlift once a week until I reach 300lbs. Then I will need to put more effort in increasing my squat. If I start to feel overtrained, I will start deadlifting every other week. For now I feel pretty good and my numbers are increasing.

[quote]gmangerm wrote:
yeah they are right you shouldn’t keep going to heavy like me unless you are an elite lifter…

but the reason i go so heavy is because i have been training for a big meet comming up in november i am going for 900+ pull,850+ bench,750-800 squat,2500+ total…

[/quote]

Don’t want to call BS but only 11 people have ever pulled over 900… And I’m pretty sure the list of 850 benchers isn’t much higher. You must be one of the top 10 WPO guys. Would we know who you are?

I personally do some sort of pull all the time, but i don’t go anywhere near my max on deadlifts from the floor except every 2-3wks…

I pull 2x per week. I have had success pulling once a week as well. Much will depend how heavy you go, how many sets, and how many reps.

My best is 512 @ 165 and 501 @ 148.

beef

Hmm, good question, like everyone above it really depends.

If I’m maxing out this week, I might do something else next week, like good mornings and rack pulls, and then the week after go heavy again.

It really depends on how heavy you are going with respect to your own max and how long you need to recover before you go at it again (as well as what else you are doing that hits your back).

I almost always deadlift once per week, like everything else.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
gmangerm wrote:

Don’t want to call BS but only 11 people have ever pulled over 900… And I’m pretty sure the list of 850 benchers isn’t much higher. You must be one of the top 10 WPO guys. Would we know who you are?
[/quote]

the reason much has not been said is because i had gotten injured back in 2005 and i am just now getting back up over what i had use to do i was also affected by hurricane katrina…

the injury i took was a knee injury going 670 w/wraps in squat one of the wraps had popped off of my knee and i crashed down on it from the shock

then after that i hurricanes katrina and rita came trough and wipped out everything…

pre injury= 666.7bp, 804.8sq, 847pull, 2318.5 total
post injury pre hurricane katrina=
645bp, 650sq, 755pull, 2050 total

post everything= around 900pull, around 850 bench, hopefully 750-800squat, around 2500 total…

so screw you if you think that i am full of BS that is your opinion and me and everyone i train with knows and has seen what i can do so wha you think does not really matter

thanks,
gmangerm

Dude, I will state that you are full of shit.

Here are my reasons.

1. I have the last three years of PLUSA SHW top 100 lists in front of me right now.

On your provile you list your weight as 335, so I guess you have some wiggle room here if you claim a lighter weight class, however, I do not see any one person who has achieved these three lifts, and the total you claim anywhere in any of these lists combined. Regardless of how I combine the lifts and the years. I also checked the 275’s and stand by this statement.

1. Your kilo conversions are off. Additionally, anyone who is such a high level lifter and has achieved these lifts in a meet in kilos would just quote kilos and not attempt some half assed conversion.

2. I know some of the higher level LA boys, and I have never heard of a 21 year old turning out the nums you are claiming.

3. I have read your posts and you offer some of the worst advice I have ever read. Choose a bench shirt based on grip? Fuck dude. Everyone should bench max legal in a shirt. Being such a high caliber lifter, surely you know that already. Use powder to help get it on? Amateur advice at best.

4. You are projecting lifts on this forum you have not yet achieved. I know of no high level lifters (and believe me I know many) that would come on as meaningless of a forum as this and claim numbers they have not yet achieved in competition.

I have the privilege to train with on occasion and correspond with one of the greatest SHW of all time and quite honestly it pisses me off to no end to see some internet douche bag spouting off like you are on this forum.

Either reveal who you are and post on this forum the next meet you will be lifting at so we can all see your results or crawl back under your rock.

For what it is worth, I would love to have you prove me wrong and would be the first to congratulate you on a fantastic meet if you pull off the bench and dead nums you toss about.

However, I will not hold my breath.

Crawl back under your rock.

[quote]gmangerm wrote:
Hanley wrote:
gmangerm wrote:

the reason much has not been said is because i had gotten injured back in 2005 and i am just now getting back up over what i had use to do i was also affected by hurricane katrina…

the injury i took was a knee injury going 670 w/wraps in squat one of the wraps had popped off of my knee and i crashed down on it from the shock

then after that i hurricanes katrina and rita came trough and wipped out everything…

post everything= around 900pull, around 850 bench, hopefully 750-800squat, around 2500 total…

so screw you if you think that i am full of BS that is your opinion and me and everyone i train with knows and has seen what i can do so wha you think does not really matter

thanks,
gmangerm[/quote]

[quote]apwsearch wrote:

Here are my reasons.

1. I have the last three years of PLUSA SHW top 100 lists in front of me right now.

On your provile you list your weight as 335, so I guess you have some wiggle room here if you claim a lighter weight class, however, I do not see any one person who has achieved these three lifts, and the total you claim anywhere in any of these lists combined. Regardless of how I combine the lifts and the years. I also checked the 275’s and stand by this statement.

1. Your kilo conversions are off. Additionally, anyone who is such a high level lifter and has achieved these lifts in a meet in kilos would just quote kilos and not attempt some half assed conversion.

2. I know some of the higher level LA boys, and I have never heard of a 21 year old turning out the nums you are claiming.

3. I have read your posts and you offer some of the worst advice I have ever read. Choose a bench shirt based on grip? Fuck dude. Everyone should bench max legal in a shirt. Being such a high caliber lifter, surely you know that already. Use powder to help get it on? Amateur advice at best.

4. You are projecting lifts on this forum you have not yet achieved. I know of no high level lifters (and believe me I know many) that would come on as meaningless of a forum as this and claim numbers they have not yet achieved in competition.

I have the privilege to train with on occasion and correspond with one of the greatest SHW of all time and quite honestly it pisses me off to no end to see some internet douche bag spouting off like you are on this forum.

Either reveal who you are and post on this forum the next meet you will be lifting at so we can all see your results or crawl back under your rock.

For what it is worth, I would love to have you prove me wrong and would be the first to congratulate you on a fantastic meet if you pull off the bench and dead nums you toss about.

gmangerm wrote:
Hanley wrote:
gmangerm wrote:

thanks,
gmangerm

[/quote]

Ouch.

Another dead give away… he lists his lifts pull/squat/bench, I can’t think of a single powerlifter, from local gym rat to “world class” such as yourself who fails to list their lifts squat/bench/dead

[quote]apwsearch wrote:

Here are my reasons.

gmangerm wrote:
Hanley wrote:
gmangerm wrote:

thanks,
gmangerm

[/quote]