How Often Do You Change Up Your Workouts?

How often do you change your work outs for a body part? Not program or routine but like that bodypart? I’ve been reading John meadows stuff on how each work out is different for the muscle on a once a week split
I’ve made three work outs for each muscle and rotate them through, so I never do the same thing twice even though I’m on a push pull legs repeat split
It’s honestly one of the best things I’ve done. It feels like each work out is fresh, and I’m keeping a journal to get weight and reps. I might not do an exercise for almost two weeks but when I get back to it I’m a lot stronger.
Fresh workouts help with intensity in my opinion and I’m Definitly keeping this.

I never change the workout,but that’s because I do ‘specialization’ in which I want to get down those few movements motor patterns and get very good at them.Usually,you shouldn’t fix something unless it’s broken.

[quote]EthanETE wrote:
I never change the workout,but that’s because I do ‘specialization’ in which I want to get down those few movements motor patterns and get very good at them.Usually,you shouldn’t fix something unless it’s broken.[/quote]

You literally just posted this in your own thread when I called you out on saying you never change your routine:

I don’t know anybody that over the course of 1 year and 9 months has never changed their routine several times due to Training ADD or simply wanting to test the waters.

For the sake of all the good that remains on these forums, please refrain from posting anymore.

BTW, that is NOT the definition of “specialization” as it pertains to bodybuilding…not even close.

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]EthanETE wrote:
I never change the workout,but that’s because I do ‘specialization’ in which I want to get down those few movements motor patterns and get very good at them.Usually,you shouldn’t fix something unless it’s broken.[/quote]

You literally just posted this in your own thread when I called you out on saying you never change your routine:

I don’t know anybody that over the course of 1 year and 9 months has never changed their routine several times due to Training ADD or simply wanting to test the waters.

For the sake of all the good that remains on these forums, please refrain from posting anymore.

BTW, that is NOT the definition of “specialization” as it pertains to bodybuilding…not even close. [/quote]

YES x10000

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]EthanETE wrote:

BTW, that is NOT the definition of “specialization” as it pertains to bodybuilding…not even close. [/quote]

Although I have nothing against EthanETE, I find it absolutely hilarious and amazing he gets called out in every thread for being retarded BAHAHAHAHA

Please guys the subject was or is…
i kind of use a riffle approach. I use different reps #, i change TUT, i vary tempo. I cannot tell what works but it works. My log includes 5 sets of 20 reps with TUT 120, 110, 100, 90. 25 reps on last set for legs. Next day i work legs might be quite different. By the way that TUT variation happened spontanously because i used a short rest period so my body was forced to hurry to reach the same rep #. I did not choose the shorter TUT but it was a side effect from the short rests. Rest periods do vary to. I did not vary that way before but now i do more volume it might be a way to be fresh. So i do not have the variations preseleted or repeated at some interval.
All the best !

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]EthanETE wrote:

Although I have nothing against EthanETE, I find it absolutely hilarious and amazing he gets called out in every thread for being retarded BAHAHAHAHA[/quote]

Ethan’s a male nurse, I think the abuse makes him feel at home…

Some people can never change their chosen movements and continue to make progress for years and years (ie. Yates), others need to switch things up either to achieve new stimuli, avoid mental boredom, or even prevent joint overuse issues.

It’s always an individual thing, and you have to be smart enough to assess if your current approach is stalling. I used to switch things up all the time. In recent years, not so much. Sure, I’ll switch the order of exercises from week to week, but I pretty much know the mvoements I like and that my body responds well to by this point.

S

I rarely ever change exercises, but I do quite often vary rep ranges. I find that helps to stop progress stalling

Every 4-6 weeks or so.

[quote]EthanETE wrote:

you’re trolling is too obvious mayne

5 day split currently…

I tend to change up one of my days about every couple of months. Reading and learning what I am doing right and/or wrong… etc… not to mention listening to my body. That change may just be a significant form modification and appropriate weight adjustments… or rep adjustments… or a complete overhaul of training routine for said day.

It seems that I am always looking to improve on what I am doing. So, I end up ‘fixing’ one training day, and then looking at another… so on…

Over the course of a year, probably a complete change up.

Oh yea, first post here, starting to really get tired of the highschool years at bb dot com… just found this joint a few weeks ago… time to man the fuck up and move. heh.