How Often Do You Change Splits?

how often should you change your split.

every 17th day or 3rd sunday each month unless its a holiday weekend then you wait until the 6th friday

I would only ever change my ENTIRE split if EVERYTHING wasn’t working.
Typically one or two things won’t fit or won’t be working for me anymore, so I’ll change those one or two things and then carry on.

every four weeks

when I get bored with it.

[quote]ZYL281 wrote:
every 17th day or 3rd sunday each month unless its a holiday weekend then you wait until the 6th friday[/quote]

Come on man, you forgot to tell him to flip a quarter and take 50% of that to decide when to change.

OP,

Change if the split is causing you to not progress or your schedule(school or work etc) forces you to, otherwise if it’s working there’s no reason to change it at all.

[quote]Scott M wrote:

OP,

Change if the split is causing you to not progress or your schedule(school or work etc) forces you to, otherwise if it’s working there’s no reason to change it at all. [/quote]

Good post. I haven’t “changed my split” in a very long time…like years. I may do more sets or reps, but the basic structure of my workout hasn’t changed much at all. Honestly, if you feel the need to change what you are doing every 4 weeks, there is no possible way you can keep track of your true progress.

For the record, why is it the largest bodybuilders I’ve spoken with change things the least but the smallest ones are the ones trying a new program every other week?

I’ll only change my split if the one I’m currently using is not providing me with gains.

The only time I switch splits is after I get over being sick. I’ve used the same split for mostly…ever. I tried changing it once and didn’t like the results. I was sick after Thanksgiving last year and when I got better, I changed it up just a little bit to surprise my body. After the “surprise party” was over, I went back to normal, as I feel that if it aint broke, don’t fix it.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Scott M wrote:

OP,

Change if the split is causing you to not progress or your schedule(school or work etc) forces you to, otherwise if it’s working there’s no reason to change it at all.

Good post. I haven’t “changed my split” in a very long time…like years. I may do more sets or reps, but the basic structure of my workout hasn’t changed much at all. Honestly, if you feel the need to change what you are doing every 4 weeks, there is no possible way you can keep track of your true progress.

For the record, why is it the largest bodybuilders I’ve spoken with change things the least but the smallest ones are the ones trying a new program every other week?[/quote]

How are we ever going to have a Prof X crony vs. Scott M fanboy showdown if you two are getting along?

Yeah, definitely keep doing it if it keeps working. And by “keeps working” it can be hard to monitor progress by the mirror because gains come slowly so I think it’s easier to monitor it by weights lifted. As long as the poundages/reps keep going up, you know you’re going in the right direction.

Haha Lankymofo I don’t think your dream showdown is ever going to happen seeing as Professor is where I want to be(big boy on the block), and it’s his type of advice I’m following to get there.