How Not to Dress Like a Douche

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
I think a pair of well fitted jeans and a vneck tee shirt can look classy and comfortable. Maybe I am showing my age but if I can find a sports jacket that fits right, I think its a great look (jeans, solid color tshirt and jacket) . I also like a fitted henley and jeans as well. To me these styles are classic, never go out of style and works for any body type.

But I also wish I can wear sweatpants and a thermal tshirt everyday[/quote]
agreed, although some kind of sweater or manly cardigan works better instead of the jacket IMO

where is Waittz?

[quote]orion wrote:
You are a 7 ft Apache.

You will stand out no matter what.

If you tone it down or try to blend in it will be painfully obvious.

If cowboy is your style just go with rich Texas cattle rancher if the situation warrants it, that way you dont disrespect their venue but you are what you are what you are.[/quote]

I was kind of thinking along these lines. “Cowboy” dress casual looks boss, IMHO, especially when worn by a guy who looks at home in it. You know, like an actual cowboy. Well fitting, dark denim boot cut jeans, high quality simple brown boots and belt and an understated, sharp looking small checked western button up shirt?

Boss factor: 9000
Douche index: 0

I remember seeing this site linked in a can’t-find-pants-for-my-huge-quads thread. Can’t speak from experience, but I’m tallish and was intrigued.

http://www.makeyourownjeans.com/custom-shirts?zenid=50e5abf5279a4da2d16e441113e43b94

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Ruff and I plan on meeting up sometime before too long in North Dakota. What should I wear?[/quote]

Steel toe boots, fire retardant overalls (blue or really anything but red), and an orange hard hat. We can paint yours orange if it is white.

My trips to ND have been miserable lately. Get on plane in Roswell or Midland, land on some crappy strip somewhere, go deal with serious fuck up, sleep in trailer(s), eat shitty food, return.

I know I owe you names of operators to get steady dirt work. We’ve been contracting for a company that rhymes with “cunt” like “Cunt Oil” and I wouldn’t wish them on anyone, so not them.

“Khakis custom made. Probably corduroys and other casual pants too.”

Anyone have a lead on this? I have jeans handled, but my suit guy does not do cotton khakis, only wool, which is too dressy.

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:
“Khakis custom made. Probably corduroys and other casual pants too.”

Anyone have a lead on this? I have jeans handled, but my suit guy does not do cotton khakis, only wool, which is too dressy.[/quote]

Check out www.makeyourownjeans.com. They offer made to measure jeans, chinos, cords and some other things. If you look in the gallery section, about 5 pictures down there is a photo of a 7’2" basketball player wearing a pair of their made to order jeans. Might be a place to start.

Goldblum…ugly[/quote]

You bite your tongue.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
I find that people who worry about what they wear end up looking like douche’s. Dress the way you want and don’t be a douche. [/quote]

He is hanging out in Nantucket, lmao…

This approach isn’t an option unless you are a local.

You must look, and act like a douche to a degree.

1. Her family likes to do social events in places like Nantucket, [/quote]

Let me know when you’re in town. I’ll drive down the 2 hours and grab a coffee before you get on the boat.

At no point does a man need to put his sunglasses on the back of his head.

[quote]Nards wrote:
At no point does a man need to put his sunglasses on the back of his head.[/quote]

This, regardless of situation or location.