How Not to Bulk

Just found this guy on a forum in the UK who decided to bulk up over 17 months. This was his before pictures.

AND this is his diet ;o)

Monday - Friday:
1st meal:
7 weet bix 2 eggs and glass of milk
2nd Meal:
Bowl Of continental chicken and vegetables family pack rice (125grams)
3rd Meal:
4th Meal:
5th Meal:
3 eggs and glass of milk or water
6th Meal:
7th Meal:
8th Meal:
7 weetbix 2 eggs and glass of milk
-GYM Time-
9th meal Whole large chicken and glass of milk or water

And somehow after 17 months he does this…

maybe he forgot the lifting weights part?

I actually got the impression he was actually happy with his progress. This is the final pic. Poor kid is delusional…

I thought that too Gmoore but I suppose I should include his routine ;o)

"My Diet Consisted of:
Monday - Friday:
1st meal:
7 weet bix 2 eggs and glass of milk
2nd Meal:
3rd Meal:
4th Meal:
5th Meal:
3 eggs and glass of milk or water
6th Meal:
7th Meal:
8th Meal:
7 weetbix 2 eggs and glass of milk
-GYM Time-
9th meal Whole large chicken and glass of milk or water

Saturday and Sunday
Consisted of anything i felt like really.
Whole chickens, Rump steaks, Weetbix and occasionally cheat meals.

My current workout is as Follows:

-Monday-
Chest/Triceps

Incline Dumbbell Flyes 3 x 4-6
Flat Bench 3 x 4-6
Incline Bench 3 x 4-6

Dips 3 x 4-6
Close Grip bench 3 x 4-6

-Tuesday-
Back and Biceps:
Under hand Chin-ups 3 x 4-6
Dead lifts 3 x 4-6
Hammer Dumbbell Curls 3 x 4-6
Barbell Curls 3 x 4-6
One arm dumbbell rows 3 x 4-6
Using it as a super set with:
Ground Seated Cable Rows 3 x 4-6

-Wednesday-
Legs:
Leg Press 3 x 4-6
Squats 3 x 4-6
Lying Leg Curls 3 x 4-6
Seated Calf Raises 3 x 4-6

-Thursday-
Shoulders and Traps:
Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press 3 x 4-6
Dumbbell lateral Raises 3 x 4-6 (using drop sets with this exercise)
Barbell Upright Row 3 x 4-6
Lying Incline Deltoid Raise 3 x 4-6
Barbell Shrugs 3 x 4-6 (Using Drop sets with this exercise)

Friday:
I use this day to give special attention to any muscles that require it. I Also do abs

Currently i need more leg drive for my deadlifts so I’m incorporating another leg day.

Squats 3 x 4-6
Leg Press 3 x 4-6
Weighted Crunches 3 x 10-12
Hanging leg raises 3 x 10-12
Weighted side bends 3 x 10-12

But now all that being said.
My original plan was going to bulk to 100kg then cut to 90kg. But due my work not letting me eat during working hours exceptions of my breaks. I will find it alot harder. So i was thinking i would just maintain my weight and slowly cut off the fat. Should i incorporate 2 cardio days?
What are your thoughts on what or how i should go about my body now?"

I’m speechless but at least he’s still doing abs ;o)

[quote]Gmoore17 wrote:
maybe he forgot the lifting weights part?[/quote]

He apparently went to the gym but forgot the “lift heavy and sweat” part.

There is no excuse for that other than laziness. He could have eaten exactly the same, but someone who was truly lifting balls to the wall in the gym would not look like that at the end of his “bulk”.

I get the feeling that many of these people see things like “3 sets of 6-8” and assume that simply going through the motions for that specific number is what builds muscle. They put no effort into it and their strength rarely increases.

OP, someone posted about this kid not too long ago. It’s actually a pretty big thread if I remember right. Not saying this about you personally, but how can people continually post something that has already been posted multiple times? I mean Bolts 100m record has 4 threads.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
OP, someone posted about this kid not too long ago. It’s actually a pretty big thread if I remember right. Not saying this about you personally, but how can people continually post something that has already been posted multiple times? I mean Bolts 100m record has 4 threads. [/quote]

Once it drops off the front page I can understand, especially something like this. Who is going to search for a thread on this topic and how would you even find it unless you had some key names.

And thanks for reminding me. I have to go start a thread about Bolt. Did you hear about his record?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
OP, someone posted about this kid not too long ago. It’s actually a pretty big thread if I remember right. Not saying this about you personally, but how can people continually post something that has already been posted multiple times? I mean Bolts 100m record has 4 threads.

Once it drops off the front page I can understand, especially something like this. Who is going to search for a thread on this topic and how would you even find it unless you had some key names.

And thanks for reminding me. I have to go start a thread about Bolt. Did you hear about his record?[/quote]

Who’s Bolt, and what is this record you speak of? You should start a thread and answer these questions for me.

[quote]MeinHerzBrennt wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:

And thanks for reminding me. I have to go start a thread about Bolt. Did you hear about his record?

Who’s Bolt, and what is this record you speak of? You should start a thread and answer these questions for me.
[/quote]

Honestly, I’ve never heard of him. I was just repeating what someone told me. You should start a thread.

WhiteFlash wrote:

And thanks for reminding me. I have to go start a thread about Bolt. Did you hear about his record?[/quote]

hmmm suppose someone played a fast one. Suppose it was originally a weight loss story. Suppose someone stole the pics and said they were going to bulk and put a bunch of silly crap down like the diet that is listed and the stupid training log and then posed the pics as a reversal.

I can see that scenario more easily than how this was originally intended. The pics in reverse look like more of a success story than as they are portrayed. Also, I don’t think the pics have a date on them or him holding a newspaper.

Methinks something is fishy…

WhiteFlash wrote:

I suggest that you forget about bolt and tell us what set that pic of kate in your avatar is from, OR ELSE.

:wink:

A teenager who’s planning and writing down his meals (absurd enough) and ends up being fatter, unhealthier & uglier?

This is a prime example how the internet can actually confuse newbies through providing too much info and having mindless post drones and asskissers present.

Even a simple callesthenics (like alternating push ups and pull ups every day) approach should have been way more effective, without the extra food.

[quote]ComixGuy wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:

hmmm suppose someone played a fast one. Suppose it was originally a weight loss story. Suppose someone stole the pics and said they were going to bulk and put a bunch of silly crap down like the diet that is listed and the stupid training log and then posed the pics as a reversal.

I can see that scenario more easily than how this was originally intended. The pics in reverse look like more of a success story than as they are portrayed. Also, I don’t think the pics have a date on them or him holding a newspaper.

Methinks something is fishy…[/quote]

I didn’t read the whole thing but the original thread had the link to bb.com where this started. In it the kid said he was bulking.

I even think the first response was positive, telling him “good job” or something like that. If it was in reverse then yes, it would have been a great sucess.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
OP, someone posted about this kid not too long ago. It’s actually a pretty big thread if I remember right. Not saying this about you personally, but how can people continually post something that has already been posted multiple times? I mean Bolts 100m record has 4 threads. [/quote]

Sorry if this was covered before. I’ve been reading a lot of posts recently and hadn’t seen it. It’s a full-time job checking the forums on T-Nation these days ;o)

What the hell is “continental chicken” anyway?

[quote]Nikiforos wrote:
What the hell is “continental chicken” anyway?[/quote]

I’m assuming some sort of pre-packaged cheap meal type thing, seeing he supposedly had it 4 or so times a day.

i dont get how that fucking happens. like the kid looked so skinny before youd think thatd actually get him to put on muscle and keep a relatively lean BM.

i also just dont understand how you can see yourself getting worse and worse and not do anything about it. its the same as 500lb people who want to diet down…like how the fuck did you get that big?

Haha 200 pounds with 25% bodyfat.

And what the fuck is continental chicken, and why did he eat nothing else ?

It doesn’t even look like he put on any muscle at all, he just got fat.

Wow, like Prof X said, he forgot to train his ass off and make those excess calories do something.