T Nation

How Much Would You Grow w/ This Plan?

im not really looking to do this it is more of just a disscusion. I know alot of the bigger guys here like to train with splits as i do. BUt what if the split was as follows

mon-legs
tues-off
wed-back and chest
thurs-off
fri-arms and shoulders
sat-off
sun-off

. How much would some acually grow from this assuming they ate enough and trained very hard. i realize that 3 times a week is not optimal for hypertrophy but what if this was done by an athlete or something that had to do other things for his sportsand could not train more frequently.

How much strengh and size would you say someone could gain from this? I mean persoanlly i have a hard time beliveing if you progressed and ate enough that you would not get larger on this even if its not to the extent that you could in a 4-5 day split

It all depends…

Well, let’s see. That would depend on…

EVERYTHING!

Please provide infinite details about the subject and I’ll be far more specific with my answer. 8^)

Really, its like me saying :

How much weight can I expect to gain If I Train Harder and Eat More

[quote]Kruiser wrote:
Well, let’s see. That would depend on…

EVERYTHING!

Please provide infinite details about the subject and I’ll be far more specific with my answer. 8^)[/quote]

ok yea maybe i was to bland what details would you like, like the enite program

if we’re talking about growing, wouldn’t you think food would probable be those little details you’d maybe want to mention or consider?

i wouldnt do it forever, but if you’re training hard enough and eating enough, it shouldnt not work

[quote]brian.m wrote:
if we’re talking about growing, wouldn’t you think food would probable be those little details you’d maybe want to mention or consider?

i wouldnt do it forever, but if you’re training hard enough and eating enough, it shouldnt not work[/quote]

i did mention that if you did this while you were taking in enough cals would you grow. Assume the person is eating enough

[quote]crod266 wrote:

i did mention that if you did this while you were taking in enough cals would you grow. Assume the person is eating enough [/quote]

Oh OK !!!
Yes if you are eating enough to grow you will grow.

TEN POUNDS!! 15 if your on the juice.

[quote]elano wrote:
TEN POUNDS!! 15 if your on the juice.[/quote]

LOLLLLL

lol you guys know what i mean though im not asking one of those questions like how many pounds will i gain because i know only me can tell you that but more so in general. Im sure prof x will shine some light

WELL THAN

Serious answer : If you offer your muscles some stimulation and progress on your exercises selections and eat enough cals to be above maintenance than yes, you will grow…

Edit : But your gains might not be optimal

Edit 2: But they also might be…

11

[quote]crod266 wrote:
lol you guys know what i mean though im not asking one of those questions like how many pounds will i gain because i know only me can tell you that but more so in general. Im sure prof x will shine some light[/quote]

Psst… Prof X doesn’t actually have telepathic powers.

I don’t that anyone here knows what you’re asking. In general, train hard, eat right, get some sleep, and you will grow.

After a while, your body will get used to whatever you’re doing. Switch up training and/or diet.

So, like someone else said, how well this plan would work depends on everything else.

[quote]zraw wrote:

How much weight can I expect to gain If I Train Harder and Eat More[/quote]

More than you’re gaining now.

[quote]HoratioSandoval wrote:
crod266 wrote:
lol you guys know what i mean though im not asking one of those questions like how many pounds will i gain because i know only me can tell you that but more so in general. Im sure prof x will shine some light

Psst… Prof X doesn’t actually have telepathic powers.

I don’t that anyone here knows what you’re asking. In general, train hard, eat right, get some sleep, and you will grow.

After a while, your body will get used to whatever you’re doing. Switch up training and/or diet.

So, like someone else said, how well this plan would work depends on everything else.[/quote]

true, Maybe i didnt go about this the write way, Most time when you follow a full body workout which most people here think sucks its mon wed fri. So what if it was a split over those 3 days like the one i said. Would that prob lead better results over the 3 tbt?

[quote]threewhitelights wrote:
zraw wrote:

How much weight can I expect to gain If I Train Harder and Eat More

More than you’re gaining now.[/quote]

NOT NECESSARLY

IF TRAINING HARDER MEAN, DOING CARDIO LONGER AND WITH HIGHER INTENSITY ! HUHU

[quote]crod266 wrote:
HoratioSandoval wrote:
crod266 wrote:
lol you guys know what i mean though im not asking one of those questions like how many pounds will i gain because i know only me can tell you that but more so in general. Im sure prof x will shine some light

Psst… Prof X doesn’t actually have telepathic powers.

I don’t that anyone here knows what you’re asking. In general, train hard, eat right, get some sleep, and you will grow.

After a while, your body will get used to whatever you’re doing. Switch up training and/or diet.

So, like someone else said, how well this plan would work depends on everything else.

true, Maybe i didnt go about this the write way, Most time when you follow a full body workout which most people here think sucks its mon wed fri. So what if it was a split over those 3 days like the one i said. Would that prob lead better results over the 3 tbt?[/quote]

This also depends on something…

your current level

[quote]zraw wrote:
crod266 wrote:
HoratioSandoval wrote:
crod266 wrote:
lol you guys know what i mean though im not asking one of those questions like how many pounds will i gain because i know only me can tell you that but more so in general. Im sure prof x will shine some light

Psst… Prof X doesn’t actually have telepathic powers.

I don’t that anyone here knows what you’re asking. In general, train hard, eat right, get some sleep, and you will grow.

After a while, your body will get used to whatever you’re doing. Switch up training and/or diet.

So, like someone else said, how well this plan would work depends on everything else.

true, Maybe i didnt go about this the write way, Most time when you follow a full body workout which most people here think sucks its mon wed fri. So what if it was a split over those 3 days like the one i said. Would that prob lead better results over the 3 tbt?

This also depends on something…

your current level
[/quote]

well i could tell you my current level but this again was more of a question in the whole not really towards me but lets say that the person has been training around a year and he isnt huge but has built a decent amount of muscle

He will gain as much strength as the effort he puts into the program and as much size as his food intake(and genetics) allow him.

THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE TO ANSWER.