How Much Weight to Be Built Well?

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
The beginners section can be found by clicking the link on the right side of the page. [/quote]

Bonez, you forgot to add one important grammatical particle to your sentence. Here’s how to do it right:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
The beginners section can be found by clicking the link on the right side of the page…

Motherfucker [/quote]

I kid, I kid…

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
zraw wrote:
getting my popcorn

x2

Anyone else find it telling that the OP’s name is ‘flamez’?[/quote]

Yeah…very subtle.

i am curious to know how much amatuers with a contest amount of muscle lift, i dont really consider that to be a basic question as it can vary depending on alot of different things, also there will also be alot of mixed views on whether or not bodybuilders should deadlift, i had a look at the threads posted in this section already and it seemed like my thread wouldn’t be out of place.

as you can see by my post count and join date i haven’t come on here much at all, and i am not asking “what should (I) do?”.

just for the record i have a shoulder injury from martial arts 6 years ago, and i only usually train about 3 months of the year properly, however i can still bent over row 175lbs, bench 190lbs, squat 265, dead 285, quite easily for 5x5. i dont do any arm work and my arms are 16.5" so would you say i’m a beginner?

[quote]flamez wrote:
i am curious to know how much amatuers with a contest amount of muscle lift, i dont really consider that to be a basic question[/quote]

Oh, but it IS a basic question because you are acting like all people of a certain size have the exact same or even similar strength levels.

You would know this…IF YOU WEREN’T A BEGINNER.

[quote]
as it can vary depending on alot of different things, also there will also be alot of mixed views on whether or not bodybuilders should deadlift,[/quote]

It has nothing to do with whether you SHOULD do deadlifts. You do them if you need to do them. If you don’t and you see progress just fine without them, then don’t do them.

You would know that not all bodybuilders do deadlifts yet still compete as pro bodybuilders…IF YOU WEREN’T A BEGINNER.

[quote]

just for the record i have a shoulder injury from martial arts 6 years ago, and i only usually train about 3 months of the year properly, however i can still bent over row 175lbs, bench 190lbs, squat 265, dead 285, quite easily for 5x5. i dont do any arm work and my arms are 16.5" so would you say i’m a beginner?[/quote]

Uh. Yes.

Please post a pic of the “16.5” arm.

[quote]flamez wrote:
i am curious to know how much amatuers with a contest amount of muscle lift, i dont really consider that to be a basic question as it can vary depending on alot of different things, also there will also be alot of mixed views on whether or not bodybuilders should deadlift, i had a look at the threads posted in this section already and it seemed like my thread wouldn’t be out of place.

as you can see by my post count and join date i haven’t come on here much at all, and i am not asking “what should (I) do?”.

just for the record i have a shoulder injury from martial arts 6 years ago, and i only usually train about 3 months of the year properly, however i can still bent over row 175lbs, bench 190lbs, squat 265, dead 285, quite easily for 5x5. i dont do any arm work and my arms are 16.5" so would you say i’m a beginner?[/quote]

Let me see if i follow you…there have been threads like this before…usually named “How Much Do You Lift?”

You simply want to know how much amateur bodybuilders carrying a competition level of muscularity lift?

Well from a lot of what I’ve read around here competition level for an amateur contest appears to be 6’2" 185 lbs pre-diet, and roughly 155 on stage.

These same individuals claim to bench 300+ lbs, squat in the mid 400s, and pull over 500 lbs for reps.

I would like to point out that it will be very tough to put up these numbers yourself by training properly for 3 months out of the year–THAT IS SEVERE OVER TRAINING AND A MAJOR DETRIMENT TO YOUR RESULTS!!!

Accordingly, reduce your volume to only two months of proper training. And, remember to eat your carrotz!

Thank you.

[quote]G87 wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
The beginners section can be found by clicking the link on the right side of the page.

Bonez, you forgot to add one important grammatical particle to your sentence. Here’s how to do it right:

BONEZ217 wrote:
The beginners section can be found by clicking the link on the right side of the page…

Motherfucker

I kid, I kid…[/quote]

Why I drink water while going thru these threads is beyond me… my screen is soaked yet again…

Yes. And even your imaginary arm size isn’t impressive.

[quote]flamez wrote:
i know a guy who competed, he built up naturally, but used aas to cut for competition and nearly won.

so i asked him how much i should aim to lift to get a really good amount of muscle, he told me his sets for 10 rep lifts are:

bench 140kg
rows 120
dead 140
squat 140

hes not that tall or big but extremely shredded. I’d like to be bigger than him if not as cut (but he trains a 6 day split).

do you guys think thats about average weight for amatuers across the world?[/quote]

This just doesn’t make sense. You’re going to base your future results off somebody elses results when you two have completely different genetic makeups and most likely respond to different exercises/training methods and rep ranges. This is why you pay your dues for years and fine what works best for YOU and then you’ll realize these kind of questions hold no grounds and are retarded.

how do you have 16.5inch arms but only bench 190lbs, row 175lbs?..man I’m 5’9, 202lbs…approacing a 405 bench…my arms are just barely reaching 16.5

Oh, about 2 and a halfy.

[quote]rasturai wrote:
how do you have 16.5inch arms but only bench 190lbs, row 175lbs?..man I’m 5’9, 202lbs…approacing a 405 bench…my arms are just barely reaching 16.5[/quote]

This is my point mate why i’m curious to know how much people who compete lift. To try and gather some quantitive data. I see people lifting twice what i lift yet i have more muscle than them. I also have pics of me around 4 years ago when i was small but a lot stronger. I took a pic of my arm last night, totally cold(i have not been to the gym since last weekend). I have uploaded it to my profile. I’m about 6.1, at 200-210lbs

[quote]flamez wrote:
rasturai wrote:
how do you have 16.5inch arms but only bench 190lbs, row 175lbs?..man I’m 5’9, 202lbs…approacing a 405 bench…my arms are just barely reaching 16.5

This is my point mate why i’m curious to know how much people who compete lift. To try and gather some quantitive data. I see people lifting twice what i lift yet i have more muscle than them. I also have pics of me around 4 years ago when i was small but a lot stronger. I took a pic of my arm last night, totally cold(i have not been to the gym since last weekend). I have uploaded it to my profile. I’m about 6.1, at 200-210lbs [/quote]

Hello there.

1st and foremost, associating big people and heavy weights is not strictly true, theres ALOT of bodybuilders who prefer high reps/ low weights who are built just as well as heavy weight users

:slight_smile:

As for gathering data (WTF?) you don’t need data, you need a fork, food, gym membership and sleep and YOU will do just fine… no need to worry that Mr. Y lifts this and he is big so once i get there i’ll be big… sorry doesn’t work that way :slight_smile:

Also where abouts in England from ? Manchester myself.

[quote]300andabove wrote:
flamez wrote:
rasturai wrote:

This is my point mate why i’m curious to know how much people who compete lift. To try and gather some quantitive data. I see people lifting twice what i lift yet i have more muscle than them. I also have pics of me around 4 years ago when i was small but a lot stronger. I took a pic of my arm last night, totally cold(i have not been to the gym since last weekend). I have uploaded it to my profile. I’m about 6.1, at 200-210lbs

Hello there.

1st and foremost, associating big people and heavy weights is not strictly true, theres ALOT of bodybuilders who prefer high reps/ low weights who are built just as well as heavy weight users
[/quote] You’re right. Like that pussy, Johnnie Jackson. Benches 405 for 20 or so. So yeah, light weight, high reps.

Don’t answer him OP, he’s a known stalker and rapist :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

lol I’m not from manchester anyway i’m from london :slight_smile:

[quote]flamez wrote:
I’m about 6.1, at 200-210lbs [/quote]

How the hell do you fluctuate 10lbs?

After seeing the pic:

1.) it’s not you

or

2.) you don’t push yourself at the gym.

i’m 6-1 and 208 (give or take 50lbs) and have over 300lb bench…but its’ all different per person…i just toss my general numbers up there as a base. i’ll let others chime in

i definately push myself 150%. the only thing i can think of is my inconsistency in training over the years has stopped me getting strong, i still struggle to lift weights i was lifting 6+ years ago. i think when i am on breaks from the gym i retain most of my size but lose strength, does that make sense?

How much weight to be built well?

In general the answer to that question is being in the 3-4-5 club, and having about 10% bodyfat or less.

Of course it’s highly individual, and this thread is retarded.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
flamez wrote:
I’m about 6.1, at 200-210lbs

How the hell do you fluctuate 10lbs?

After seeing the pic:

1.) it’s not you

or

2.) you don’t push yourself at the gym.

i’m 6-1 and 208 (give or take 50lbs) and have over 300lb bench…but its’ all different per person…i just toss my general numbers up there as a base. i’ll let others chime in[/quote]

I have to agree with this one. I’m more inclined to think it’s not actually him. Judging by the arm in the pic, the owner of that arm has trained enough to put up more than 190 on bench. I could put that up in high school when I was 155 lbs at 6’1".

As far as everyone being different, (again just judging by the pic) at that weight and level of development he’d be a real weak dude to only put up 190.

cueball

[quote]mr popular wrote:
How much weight to be built well?

In general the answer to that question is being in the 3-4-5 club [/quote] Eh, I don’t see too many 300 lb*1 benchers who I’d mistake for a bodybuilder, to be honest.
300 lbs for 6-8 or so, that’s a different story. In fact, that’s what I’d say for the squat and dead numbers as well (which are imo interchangeable depending on structure of the guy… 405-495 or so for 5 or more reps)… For a single? Meh.
For 5+ ? Yeah, that’d likely make you look built at average height (hey the OP asked about competitors, not “wow look at my 16 inch arms”-guys, right?).
Shorter guys probably don’t need to go that high to achieve the same level of size/vs. height, and taller guys may really need to go quite a bit higher.

But you’re right, totally individual and depends on where the person started etc…
It’s the amount of strength gained which is responsible for the amount of size gained…
And in any event, all that really matters is that you keep your numbers going up without your form going to hell in a handbasket… You’ll know when you’re “built” lol.[quote], and having about 10% bodyfat or less.

Of course it’s highly individual, and this thread is retarded.[/quote]

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

Don’t answer him OP, he’s a known stalker and rapist :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

[/quote]

LOL

he would know as i crept into his bed one night and surprised him

messing… sorta