How Much Weight to Be Built Well?

i know a guy who competed, he built up naturally, but used aas to cut for competition and nearly won.

so i asked him how much i should aim to lift to get a really good amount of muscle, he told me his sets for 10 rep lifts are:

bench 140kg
rows 120
dead 140
squat 140

hes not that tall or big but extremely shredded. I’d like to be bigger than him if not as cut (but he trains a 6 day split).

do you guys think thats about average weight for amatuers across the world?

his squat, bench, and deadlift numbers were the same?

I would say those numbers are average, yes.

yeah thats what he said all around 140kg, i remember i went to the gym with him around 4 years ago and he asked me what muscles the deadlift works, lol, and he was benching 100kg that day! he learnt a hell of alot since his younger days.

so you big guys how much do you lift?, do alot of the bodybuilders even deadlift much anyway? i think alot of people are more interested in squats and rows.

The beginners section can be found by clicking the link on the right side of the page.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
The beginners section can be found by clicking the link on the right side of the page. [/quote]

whats your point?

[quote]flamez wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
The beginners section can be found by clicking the link on the right side of the page.

whats your point?[/quote]

that your a beginner and you should start there…

getting my popcorn

[quote]flamez wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

whats your point?[/quote]

its a nice way of saying “the bodybuilding section is full of retarded threads, so get that weak shit the fuck out of here”

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
flamez wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

whats your point?

its a nice way of saying “the bodybuilding section is full of retarded threads, so get that weak shit the fuck out of here”[/quote]

LOL

[quote]zraw wrote:
getting my popcorn[/quote]

x2

Anyone else find it telling that the OP’s name is ‘flamez’?

[quote]zraw wrote:
getting my popcorn[/quote]

lol true story

yeah thats what i thought he was trying to say, i dont know why i even replied to him, or why he even posted useless advice on my thread, if i would get a better response in the beginners section just say so.

[quote]flamez wrote:
yeah thats what i thought he was trying to say, i dont know why i even replied to him, or why he even posted useless advice on my thread, if i would get a better response in the beginners section just say so.[/quote]

I was expecting more :frowning:

your asking very basic questions if that. Which would mean that they would be better suited in the beginners thread.

Dirty Gerdy, you display impressive patience

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
flamez wrote:
yeah thats what i thought he was trying to say, i dont know why i even replied to him, or why he even posted useless advice on my thread, if i would get a better response in the beginners section just say so.

I was expecting more :frowning:

your asking very basic questions if that. Which would mean that they would be better suited in the beginners thread.[/quote]

fair enough.

K ill answer the thread.

Bench : Yes
Rows : Yes
Deads : No
Squat : Maybe

And no dont deadlift you might end up looking like ronnie coleman.

the BBing section is kind of related to things umm BBing (go figure)

so contest prep, contest highlights, intermediate-advanced training methods, and curling in the squat rack :slight_smile:

if you dont have a grasp on the basics - not expecting you to know or anyone to have it all figured out, that takes years of trial and error - you shouldnt be posting here because this isnt the place for “i want to lift weights what do i do?”. theres a section for that where the people are more than happy to answer that kind of stuff, but if you ask it here, the place where youre supposed to know that stuff, people are going to pick on you, make fun of you, etc.

imagine walking into a physics course and youre asking about subtraction.

[quote]brian.m wrote:
Dirty Gerdy, you display impressive patience[/quote]

I have my days haha…lol

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
flamez wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

whats your point?

that your a beginner and you should start there…[/quote]

No wait, he was giving you directions to the beginner section because you are a beginner and would benefit from starting there? I think thats what Bonez was aiming at. lol